“great place for breakfast.”

Rick's Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #24 of 324 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed October 27, 2012

They advertise that this is where the locals eat, and I can believe it becuase our breakfast was great! If you are looking for a family owned, older style breakfast place, this is it. I had two huge pancakes, two eggs, and subsituted the chicken apple sausges. It was fantastic. My wife had the eggs benedict which she very much enjoyed.

There are newer reviews for Rick's Restaurant & Bakery

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Fresh, friendly, famous. Great tamales, cinnamon rolls to die for, and service is great.
I can eat my breakfast daily and mix it up with no problem.

1  Thank Majji
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Elmer's is still tops - but Rick's is on the north side of town and makes a great option if you don't want to make the drive south and are staying in the area.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This place is usually packed. It has one of the better American breakfasts in town, but you can always mix it up with Caribbean/Cuban dishes.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stay at the Days Inn for a long weekend every year and walk to Rick's each morning for breakfast and coffee because the restaurant and inn are basically on the same property. The service is EXCELLENT!! Very attentive staff, very warm southern hospitality. My wife and I have enjoyed everything we've eaten at Rick's. The hot sauces (especially the garlic one) are AMAZING with your breakfast!! The food is wonderful, and HUGE portions. Beware, if you're not comfortable around gays then (a) you're an idiot and (b) this is not the place for you. My wife and I are straight (obviously), and we love it here! The place looks a little old and shoddy from the outside, but inside it is like an old-style cafe (think Mel's Diner) with Grade A food!! We love it, and we will continue to go back every year.