“wow - this was a great visit”

Peppers Thai Cuisine
Ranked #61 of 340 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 6, 2013

we drove from indian wells to this place for a Thai curry. food was excellent. seems to be a family run restaurant and very authentic. the ambiance was not that nice, hence a point less - but the food deserves 5 points. we specifically liked the various options of Curry and you can just add the meat or fish you want. we had the curry with pineapple and another one -sorry can't remember the name but is was the first one on the lst of curries. can absolutely recommend!

3  Thank a193991

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My girlfriend and I visited this restaurant tonight and we were absolutely blown away by the amazing experience we had while having dinner here. She had Panang Curry and loved it very much, while I ordered the Mussamun Curry with tofu. The Mussamun Curry was excellent, and our waiter took the liberty of adding extra vegetables perceiving that I was a vegetarian. This surprised me, but it was very much appreciated and definitely enhanced my experience. My girlfriend and I will highly recommend Peppers Thai to anyone who would like to enjoy authentic Thai food!

2  Thank Vince R
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We have been going to this restaurant for many years, but we clearly see that this restaurant is going down hill. It used to be great when the previous waiter was running the restaurant. He was pleasant and the food was awesome. But since he was gone and the new waiter took over, everything goes the hell. This new guy is only luke worm on his good days and may actually squeeze out a semi-smile if you are lucky. Most of time he has no expression and can be rude. The food is not as good as it used to and the Pad Thai is usually over-cooked.

We went today for lunch hoping to catch his good day, but it turned into a disaster. We ordered the Pad Thai, Sautéed Garlic Chicken, and Chicken Musamun. The Musamum was burnt so we told the waiter. He took back and then came out to ask if we ever tried that dish before (after we have been there for years). I guess he was trying to tell us that it was supposed to taste that way. He must think that we were stupid. I ensured him that it was burnt, he went back and then came out to say that he tried it and it did have a burnt aftertaste (I have no idea what that meant.) He then brought out another dish of Musamum and it tasted like it was watered down from the previous one and it still tasted burnt, just with fewer flavor.

This will be the last trip that we make there. It's too bad. We used to love this place.

1  Thank floatingsoul
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Fantastic Thai Food. Will be going again very soon and more than Happy to tell others about this resturant

1  Thank JDHildreth
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This family owned restaurant is the best. All the menu items are great with fresh ingredients but the Pad Thai dishes are fantastic. Their potstickers and chicken satay appetizers are wonderful too. The service is good and the price is right.

2  Thank Patrick B