“Nostalgic Dinner”

Ranked #54 of 342 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Step into this ‘40s style Diner for service with a smile. Must try our Cinnamon Roll French Toast for breakfast! For Lunch or Dinner, enjoy our famous Hickory Burger with Fries, American Kobe Sliders served in King's Hawaiian sweet roll, Fresh Roast Turkey Sandwich, or Ruby’s secret recipe Clam Chowder. Ruby’s offers over 20 different flavors of milkshakes and malts, including Oreo Cookie Fantasy, Double Dark Chocolate Chip, and of course Strawberry Shake, hhhmmm….. to die for!There’s enough fun to delight the young and the young-at-heart. So, Shooby Dooby Down to...Ruby's Diner!
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Ruby's restaurant presented nostalgic atmosphere for dinner. The strawberry shake was very creamy and best we had. The fish and chips was plentiful. Four pieces of fish were served. The service was attentive and friendly. My cousins' first visit to Ruby's was very memorable.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Very good burger in a throwback to another era with glaring colours. Good service, too.

Apparently, the shakes are good, but we didn't try them.

Tylers is another good place for burgers, just down the road.

2  Thank FlyingDutchman_12
Reviewed March 11, 2014

If you are looking for just a good ,thick shake that brings back "the good old days" then stop at his one. I can't critique the food because I only wanted a shake but I was taken back to the drugstore days when you got a "real"shake. Good selection of favors.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

This rest. was no better nor any worse than any other diner. We ate outside in the street which allowed us to people watch while dining on salads and/or hamburgers. They claim a special sauce on their hamburgers but I could not taste it. It was rather sloppy and dripped into my lap (not cool to walk around with stained white capris).

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Service was slow & confused. Almost 15 minutes after being seated before we got water. Servers couldn't didn't know who was waiting our table. Apparently they were short staffed. Shouldn't have been our problem. We were never offered refills on our drinks.
My daughters chili was cold, and looked like it had just been dumped out of a can.
My fried shrimp was soggy
Yes I will go back only because I have friends that really love it so it must be better than what we experienced. And they did comp our uneaten meals ~