“FANTASTIC”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Small unpretentious diner serving the most delicious hamburgers you could ever wish for- a must visit

Reviewed April 7, 2011

A friend who often golfs in Palm Springs recommended we go here as we passed through. There was a 20 minute wait in the sweltering heat but it was definitely worth it. The service was good. The waitress didn't mind explaining different things on the menu and was always on hand to fill up our drinks. We'd been told to have the sliders, which were amazing. Definitely try these! We also got the coleslaw which was deliciously peppery. I thought it was excellent value. It was definitely a cut above most burger joints in the U.S. and in a wealthy city so I'd expect to pay more.

Reviewed April 6, 2011

Love this place! Food is made fresh daiiy, burgers are out of this world, potato salad needs to be sold nationally!...so good, and is Suzanne Somers hot spot! Go early or wait can be awhile.....delishhhhhh!

Reviewed March 26, 2011

If you are a foodie, this place is NOT for you. If you're forced to go here by an accolading crowd you're with, order the potato salad. It was the only part of my meal I did enjoy.

If this was a good ol' American classic burger joint, I would have accepted my visit without too much complaint, but when you charge fine-dining prices you instantly place yourself in the judging bracket of fine dining.

A no frills burger & fry, Pacifico [bottled] beer, pretty good potato salad, and Barg's root beer float should not cost $25 before tip (and invest in a credit card machine for christ sake!). I could have gone a block away and had a delicious pasta, appetizer and glass of wine for maybe a dollar more.

I've had $3 burgers better than these; cheaper, better, draft microbrews; and, if you're going to be known for your burgers, give the vegetarians a little something more than a patty you can buy at walmart. If you own a restaurant, why would you not make an effort to offer 100% hand-crafted food?

I was VERY disappointed by both the food and the value. I have eaten much better for a fraction of the cost at small-town roller-skate rootbeer stands. This is in the middle of Palm Spring's downtown food scene. Step it up.

1  Thank StephenNewport
Reviewed March 6, 2011

We had to wait about 20 minutes but I think that is part of the fun. It really felt like a place you could only experience right there. We had burgers, cole slaw and potato salad. Each tasted very homemade. It feels like it may have started as a really small place like a hut and grew from demand. It's right in a parking lot but charming.