“Food was horrible”

LG's Prime Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
LG's Prime Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 318 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Baristo
La Quinta, California
“Food was horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

So my husband and I decided to drive to Palm Springs to treat ourselves to a nice dinner out.
We should have known the food wasn't going to be that good because we were able to walk in on a busy evening in PS and sit down at a booth (lol)
Anyway, we wanted to order a crab cocktail which we were informed it was from a can. Although I appreciate the waiter letting us know this, it's awfully odd that at a $50 steak house entre they would have "canned" crab. Again, we should have known what was coming and left after the appetizer. Well we didn't and my husband's steak arrived and it was poorly done and a bad presentation. Definetely not a Ruth Chris but truly at a Ruth Chris price.
We would never go back.
For a $200 meal which included 2 glasses of wine, I was totally disappointed.

1 Thank Laurie G

Chilliwack, Canada
“Significantly underdone steak”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had eaten before at LG's and were looking forward to a birthday dinner there, but it definitely didn't end up being a good experience. I ordered the 8 oz. filet medium rare and it was barely cooked inside. It looked shimmeringly slimy (if that makes any sense) and I'm surprised it didn't start mooing. I've had a lot of medium rare steaks and this wasn't cooked even close to what I've experienced elsewhere.

The very nice waiter, an older gentleman, took it back to the kitchen as I just couldn't stomach it after a bite of two, but it came back a couple of minutes later and it was only a tad better. I ate as much as I could given I wasn't paying, but it will be a memorable night in all the wrong ways.

My partner's 14 oz. filet, which was ordered medium well and butterflied (cut in half before cooking), was done to perfection.

Lake Hughes, Ca
“We love LG's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We eat at LG's just about every time we visit Palm Springs. It is one of the best steak houses we have been to. They serve the steaks sizzling hot, they make a wonderful Caesar Salad at your table, the sides are all large enough to share between several people. We love eating out on their patio and enjoy their wonderful wine list. It is also a great place to people watch as they all pass by on the street.

Visited March 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Traditional steakhouse done well”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is the traditional steakhouse with al a carte meat and seafood done perfectly . The service was outstanding , and wine selections perfect albeit a pricey restaurant. LG's is central with valet service and has a conventional interior. Your craving for great beef will be satisfied but the table is much too small to comfortably accommodate a la carte service for 4 .
Had the wedge salad - not the best that I have had . My salmon was fine but the vegies had far too much butter . This is a recommended shared plates as portions can be too much.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Just OK....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Traditional steakhouse atmosphere. Cool mid-century booths. Very accomodating on the vegetable plate (creamed spinich, potato, asparagus), which was fairly good....but expensive for the level of quality. Steak...the cut was good, but not up to par on flavor.