“Arrogant, not caring waiter, managers and owners”
Review of Miro's Restaurant

Miro's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Miro's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 319 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: European, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Near Morongo
Description: Since 1994, Miro's has become a vital addition to the Palm Springs culinary market, offering unique Slavic, Hungarian, Italian, Greek and German style of cooking. Considered "The best kept secret" by Locals.
Vancouver, Canada
“Arrogant, not caring waiter, managers and owners”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I travel a lot and have dined out countless times and I have now had the worst experience ever at any restaurant. I ordered chicken paprikash, a Hungarian dish and being Hungarian origin I knew that what I got was not the Hungarian dish but some sort of Itlian dish with tomato sauce. (It's called paprikash because paprika is used in the sauce and not tomato). It no way resembled chicken paprikash and I was very disappointed in it. I told the waiter about what was wrong with the dish and asked him to inform the chef. He shrugged and walked away. My friend got upset at his attitude and asked to speak to the manager. Long story short, the manager didn't care either. What it boils down to is that most people don't know what this dish should taste like and Miro's doesn't often, if ever, get called on their imposter concoction. The crux of my problem is that they tried to bluff their way out of it (manager "chicken paprikash is not a culinary dish, we are not Hungarian so how can you expect the real dish, etc.") and were always on the offensive. Never any apologies, no caring, just arrogance. They even got upset about our complaint because they were "being embarrassed in front of their customers". Miro, you are in a service industry and you can't treat your customers like dirt when they are not pleased with one of your dishes. We had a party of eight and we all came away shaking our heads. Definitely none of us are going back.

• Visited March 2013
9 Thank CharlesK825

Overland Park, Kansas
“European coziness and remarkable food!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We were very pleasantly surprised to find a restaurant that specializes in eastern European dishes since I am Hungarian and rarely find restaurants that specialize in these. We had no problem getting a reservation within the time frame we wanted. If our Palm Springs friend hadn't mentioned that Miro's was in a shopping center that shared a parking lot with a Stein Mart, we might never have found the place. It is not easily seen from the main road at night.

Once inside, you will feel that you have been transported across the Atlantic to a place in Prague or Budapest. It just had that charm--dark woods, rustic stuccoed and brick exterior, warm lighting, artwork displayed on the walls.

The menu offered traditional dishes such as cabbage rolls, goulash, chicken paprikash, Wiener schnitzel, beef stroganoff. We were anxious to have several of these familiar dishes and were pleased that they offered a combo dish of goulash, paprikash and cabbage rolls. After asking our pleasant server how large the combo dish was, we opted to share one and we were glad we did. These dishes are VERY FILLING! Plus it is served with both noodles and mashed potatoes. I don't think it is necessary to have a double-whammy of carbs-- just noodles would be fine. Our friend had a serving of cabbage rolls which he devoured.

How did these dishes stack up with those my mom made? Well, nothing can come close to her cooking, I must admit. The goulash came closest; the cabbage rolls were more bland and denser than I am used to, and the paprikash was very different in that Miro's recipe used small chunks of chicken, while the dishes I am accustomed to use half breasts and have more of the paprika taste.

Because of the heaviness of the entrees, my husband and I opted for light desserts and skipped the calorie-laden strudel, mocha crunch cake and cheese cake which sounded wonderful but just would have been too much. Instead we chose a lemon sorbet which turned our to be very lemony--the way we like it and refreshing. It's cleansed our palates after having a big meal. We recommend going this route if you feel full but still need to finish off your with something sweet.

So--- how does Miro's stack up as a restaurant worth trying? Go for it! There are so few restaurants that specialize in foods from countries like Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, it is worth the visit. Since we stuck with these dishes, we can't comment on their German or Mediterranean dishes.

An added bonus is that their prices are reasonable for what you get. Would we go back? Yup, in a heartbeat.

3 Thank AKSherb207
Portland, OR
“Fantastic food, but watch it if you are a low calorie eater..”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We picked this as the first restaurant since we were getting in relatively late in the evening and wanted a good place near our hotel. I had trouble with opentable reservations; a few days before our trip (I had booked 2 weeks in advance) the restaurant canceled the reservation without explanation. I rebooked in a slightly different time slot and had no issues after that. The food was much less Mediterranean and more Continental, but I think that was more by my selection than their choices. I had the Traditional Combo (Goulash, Paprikash, Cabbage Rolls) and found it pretty amazing. But the consensus on the evening was their menu runs to the rich side. So be careful with what you order. But other than that 2 thumbs up.

Visited February 2013
San Clemente, California
“Well deserved high ratings”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We went on a Saturday night, we had a reservation for 7.
We arrived early, no problem...we were seated outside (recommend), immediately,
The wait staff was attentive, but not overly so...drinks, water right away.
She had the Salmon, I had the Strogenoff...both were excellent!
The restaurant is in a shared building with a Japanese restaurant at the end...and a dry cleaner in the middle, so the "ambience" outside is a little off....but it IS nice to sit outside in Palm Springs in early March!
Overall: great food, great service...and actually very reasonably priced.
We will be back.

• Visited March 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“Great food and service...”
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

We went to this restaurant while
On vacation in Palm Springs. The food and service were great! My only feedback to the restaurant is that they need to diversify their marketing and locale to maintain it upscale but also attract different demographics. We were in the 20-35 age range and all other patrons were in the 60-80 age range. I understand you want to keep it classy but you have great food to share with more demographics than what you are right now.