“Good food and lively atmosphere”

Las Casuelas Terraza
Ranked #35 of 318 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Loma Linda, California
“Good food and lively atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is our usual hang out place to go to. It's always a lively atmosphere with good food. Service has been usually good except this past weekend. The host was not too pleasant even after they made a mistake in seating us only to find out there was no table available. So then we had to wait for 20 minutes.

• Visited July 2013

Southern California
“Good Margaritas, Nachos Just O.K.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I popped into the bar to pick up a couple of margaritas and some nachos for dinner. The margaritas were very good, however; I have never had nachos made with flour and not corn tortias. My wife has allergies and is on a glutton free diet. One bite and she didn't feel well. Not their fault, just didn't realize nachos could be made with flour. Didn't get the opportunity to try anything else on the menu, but the vibe at the place was great. Live music made for an nice evening otherwise.

• Visited July 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Vibrant atmosphere and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

The food here was excellent and so well-priced. The Nachos Picantes are great, except for the Jalapenos--they were soggy and not very spicy. If you're with a group of up to three, get the combo--maximum of $15 and you get three large items with sides for one. You can order more rice and beans if you want but we felt pretty full since we ate the chips and salsa as well as the nachos earlier. It's very filling. The one complaint was that the pork was a little dry; I wish it was shredded.

There was also a nice live band that really added to the bright, lively atmosphere. There were a few crying babies but they quickly died out. The back patio is very nice.

The service is pretty good, and the food comes out very quickly. Overall, very nice place!

• Visited June 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Fun Place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I liked the live music on the patio with a neat thatched covered bar. I liked the inside bar because it had 4 flat screen televisions and i watched the NBA playoffs there 1 night. The food was good but not exceptional. The only dislike was that it took a long time for someone to come to my table to serve.

Visited June 2013
Corona
“A Palm Springs Mexican standard!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

One of the oldest Mexican restaurants in the Palm Springs area, and it's pretty good. We most recently visited with family over the Memorial Day weekend. I think that maybe I was the one who ordered poorly, as everyone else seemed to be thrilled with their food. I ordered the Chicken Adobado burrito, and while it wasn't bad, it just seemed to be a little lacking in flavor compared to what I have ordered previously. I'm particular about very flavorful Mexican food, and this dish seemed like it made the menu for Gringos. My wife ordered some Cheese Enchiladas and could not have been happier. I also tried some of the Quesadilla and that's when I realized that maybe I had ordered poorly...the drinks were well made, the service average or a little better. Pricing is in line for what you'll see in downtown Palm Springs - not cheap, but not unreasonable for what you get. I'll give an Average review today, but I'll be back again to see if maybe its not a bit better the next time around. I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying it when you were in town if you like Mexican food!

• Visited May 2013