“Nice old school Mexican”

Las Casuelas Terraza
Ranked #78 of 347 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Description: In Spanish "Cazuela" means earthenware cooking pot, stewpot or casserole. When the Original Las Casuelas opened in 1958, their marketing company misspelled the name as "Las Casuelas." Money was tight in those early days, so Florencio and Maria Delgado adopted this spelling as the name of their restaurant. It quickly became proprietary and synonymous with excellence and tradition. The recipient of numerous awards for food, service and architecture, Las Casuelas Terraza is a favorite of locals who consistently vote it Palm Springs' "Most Popular Restaurant." Terraza's two leafy patios, live music, delicious food and fresh drinks, make it ideal for a romantic date, a festive lunch or fun family night out.
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Nice outdoor table.
Chicken tostados and carnitas recommended. Really good cocktails. Staff friendly and helpful.
I was glad we finished before the live music started though. Walking by later it sounded quiet loud.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,955)

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Standard Mexican fare. Good margarita, live music in the evening. While we enjoyed our meal here, it was not a place we'd likely return. Not memorable.

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I have been wanting to take my mother to this restaurant for years and expected nothing but great service and excellent food. I flew in for mothers day and stayed in PSprings for the weekend. The hotel concierge pushes this restaurant a lot so we decided to go this year. It all started when I called to make a reservation and they told me it will be an hour and 45 min to get seated, so we decided nota to make the reservation and just show up, but when we arrived they sat us right away. Now.. that was weird! Unfortunately since we arrived we were seated at the farthest table they had available with no atmosphere and very poor lighting and my parents couldn't read the menu. What's funny is how they market this place, they tell you they have live entertainment but this doesn't take place at the actual restaurant as you have to walk to the bar area and is very loud and not conducive for a family - this side of the bar it's more for drinking and single people. The chips were stale and they charged us over a dollar for extra cilantro, my friend asked for extra tortillas and the server never brought them so we had to ask another server which made us feel that he was too busy to attend to our needs and he wasn't sincere. My dad ordered the shrimp al mojo de ajo as the server recommended but it was horrible! Horrible! You could taste the shrimp had been in the freezer for months. When we got our bill we were upset this restaurant charged us over $1.99 for two extra tortillas when we waited a long time and although we expected the server to handle this it seemed that he didn't have any ownership over this situation as he called his manager right away who in simple words patronize us. When I gave her my feedback on the food she totally ignore my comments and said that they make their chips fresh every day, listen lady I'm giving you feedback and the chips are free so I'm not asking for you to take any dollars off my bill! I did expect the crazy price for two tortillas to be removed but shed didn't and left the table.
We felt unappreciated and will NEVER never be back! Horrible customer service! I hope this review is helpful but be aware if you want to give this place a try. They simply don't care for you and you are just another dollar coming in their restaurant. I will be back to Palm Springs and can't wait to try another restaurant that has better customer service.

1  Thank SindyRC
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This place serves good mexican food in a nice outdoor terrace setting, with live music. The food is good and reasonably priced with excellent margueritas on offer - watch out for the cadillac marguerita!
There is live music every night although the quality can be variable depending on the lineup.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and I were under the impression that we were going to an authentic Mexican restaurant due to the great reviews. Chip Salsa straight out of a can with added onions n cilantro, enchilada sauce straight out a can, Chile relleno was far from being traditional literally a quarter of a Chile relleno cut into a little slice.....we order our drinks and they completely forgot our em....it was aight