“a landmark to experience”

Las Casuelas Terraza
Ranked #79 of 342 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Description: In Spanish "Cazuela" means earthenware cooking pot, stewpot or casserole. When the Original Las Casuelas opened in 1958, their marketing company misspelled the name as "Las Casuelas." Money was tight in those early days, so Florencio and Maria Delgado adopted this spelling as the name of their restaurant. It quickly became proprietary and synonymous with excellence and tradition. The recipient of numerous awards for food, service and architecture, Las Casuelas Terraza is a favorite of locals who consistently vote it Palm Springs' "Most Popular Restaurant." Terraza's two leafy patios, live music, delicious food and fresh drinks, make it ideal for a romantic date, a festive lunch or fun family night out.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place is always busy, day or night. I ate there 40 years ago and I ate there last week and nothing seems to have changed. It can be loud inside but the atmosphere is always positive and energetic. People are there to have a good time. The food is good old fashioned mexican which is a nice change from all the designer dishes out there. Margaritas galore, you can spend a lot of money or settle for your basic blend. I thought the salsa could have been better and was surprised it wasn't but everything else was fine. Our server was friendly and efficient and the food came out in a reasonable amount of time. During popular dining hours you should be prepared to wait about an hour to get seated. I suggest you get there ahead of time, put your name in, then stroll on along the street. They will tell you when to come back, give you a pager when you are pretty close to being seated and for the amount of people that visit, this method seems to run smoothly. Since it is located right in the thick of things you can walk off your dinner if need be, enjoying the local shops.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,941)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Beautiful patio - eat out there if you can. Good Mexican food, great band at night. Margaritas are great.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I had high hopes but the food here was barely edible. The place was open but we were stuck back by the kitchen. There were eight of us and I'd say we received one decent meal out of the bunch. The service was terrible. The place felt dirty. I left hungry.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

The live band is a plus and certainly livens up the night. The wait is too long, especially if you have a dog with you (Palm Springs is a dog friendly town but this restaurant has only a limited number that allows them) but what will take me back to this place is the exceptional food. I haven't had a cheese enchilada that good in years! Someone else said their food wasn't that great but I felt this was the best (including the black beans) I've had in years and we're no strangers to some really good Mexican restaurants in L.A. My kids loved the music and dancing. The service was fine once we got in.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We enjoyed this restaurant last year, but not too much this year.
We had lunch (2 of us) outside. The service was slow, the food OK (not great, just OK), but the bench seat I sat on was lumpy, rocked back and forth and was uncomfortable.

A few weeks later 4 of us stopped by for a drink around 3:00 PM. The outside bar was packed, and we were sent inside and got the last table. There were plenty of tables empty in the adjacent restaurant section, but other guests were told that if they wanted to sit there and order drinks, they would have to order a meal as well. The interior was very dark and shabby. It looked tired last year, and even more so this year.

We will not return next year when we spend winter in Palm Springs.