“Oooh! Momma Mia”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Food excellent. Huge menu selection. Prices good. Atmosphere great. Can eat indoors or out on the patio.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've just discovered Mario's and love it! How can they do it at these prices? Dinner for $9 and lunch for $6? There are so many choices on the menu - all the old time classics are there. I love going for lunch and recently went for dinner. Both visits were met with friendly family like service and food that brings back childhood memories when Italian was one of the least expensive cuisines alternatives. Over the years Italian restaurants have become as expensive as high end French restaurants which always annoyed me as the ingredients for Italian food are not costly. The first visit was to test the waters as I couldn't believe the prices. The marinara sauce was the first test and it is so delicious - tasted fresh and homemade. The also make their own Italian sausage when is out of this world. It's not overly spiced and perfect consistency. I had spaghetti and meatballs and the meatball was huge, tender, and full of flavor. They were simple, honest, uncomplicated and perfect. Every time I go I order something different and have been happy with everything I have ordered. I hesitate to praise this place as it is already busy and I'm afraid once the word gets out that it wall become too popular that you'll have to wait in line to get in. It is a great find. All the servers seem happy and are very fast and want to make you happy too! My friend and I lingered over dinner with a long conversation and were never rushed to turn the table. If you want white linen table clothes this is not for you. If you want Italian food like a loving Italian grandmother would have made - this is the place.

1  Thank bill4545_98
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had dinner at Mario's this evening for the first time, along with three friends. We all ordered something from among the daily specials; there were six items, and each was only $8.95. All of our dishes were generous and tasty. Service was excellent. We all said we'd go back again. If I had to complain about anything, it would be that the place was awfully noisy.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Visited Mario's in Palm Desert. There are many choices, the food is a good value for the money but I would rate the food as just average.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Just opened about a month ago. Good lunch specials. Start at like $6. I had the meatball sub. Good meatballs, they slice them so as not to make the sandwich unwieldy. No onions in the meatballs so just good meat and spice flavor. Partner had the sausage and pasta. The lunch portion. More than enough for lunch.
Only one piece of garlic bread though, but you can buy more.
I wouldnt go for dinner as a lady at the table next to us ordered a "dinner" spaghetti. It was largest I've ever seen. Server said that people do that to bring the rest home.

1  Thank pspoker