“Unforgettable”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Vallauris

Le Vallauris
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Vallauris is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 318 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Palm Canyon Road
Description: Specialized in Groups and Weddings
Beaumont, California
“Unforgettable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were invited to dinner by an associate who was changing jobs. While the restaurant was crowded, our table of 12 was treated as if we were the only ones there. The salads were not only beautifully presented but delicious. My endive salad was dressed with spun-cheese balls - I almost wished I had ordered two or three for my meal. If I had, I would have missed some of the best lamb chops I have ever had. And the desert of baked-apple carmel with vanilla ice cream was large enough to share. I wish I would have asked for the name of the Pinot Grigio; it would be worth filling my wine cellar with it! This restaurant is too good to save only for special occasions and we will go back "just because."

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank GJean1565

Palm Springs, California
“One of a kind”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I took a friend from London to the Le Vallauris a week ago. It is not only the top restaurant in the Coachella Valley, it ranks among the finest restaurants in all of California. The outdoor patio provides a magical setting for celebrating any special occasion. I planned ahead and ordered two whole Dover soles, served on the bone with the chefs special sauce. (They are flown in fresh from the east coast.) My guest said it was better than any he has had before, even in London.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank SwindonMcPrell
San Francisco, California
“Romantic setting, fast service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

The setting of this restaurant is really romantic - you sit outside under trees with lanterns, with piano music streaming from indoors. The only thing that kind of ruined the atmosphere was a roudy wedding party going down next door.

Food was excellent and service was quick. The entree portions are massive - I shared a crispy half duck with a friend and we were nowhere near finishing it!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank chouchou007
Southern California
“Best Brunch in Palm Springs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

A bit pricey but worth every cent. Fixed price menu and eat on the patio. The shrimp kadafi is a must for an appetizer.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Traveltoseeworld
Arlington, Massachusetts
“Outstanding French Cuisine, Romantic Setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

In October, we experienced a week of great dining in Palm Springs. Le Vallauris was by one of the best meals we ate – as wonderful as the last meal we enjoyed there – 17 years ago! It was also the most expensive by far. That’s all my fault because I couldn’t resist the Degustation Menu – 5 phenomenal courses! The first course was an amazing ahi tuna with chili paste served in a tiny cone, along with a constrasting bite of a hot, crispy goat cheese fritter, and a spoonful of caviar. Off to a great start, this was followed by a second course of unbelievably delicious sauteed scallops in a smoked potato cream. I ordered scallops three times in PS. All were good, but this particular dish was on a level all by itself – I think this was the single most delicious thing I ate all week. Round three was a cold course of duck served three completely different ways: a tasty little macaroon of duck rillette (sort of like pulled pork, but duck), a yummy duck liver mousse, and what I can only describe as smoked duck breast slices, with a consistency like chewy bacon, with an orange glaze. All delicious. For the main course I chose the sauteed Maine lobster with vanilla butter served atop corn blinis and corn bisque with spinach. Heavenly!! …though to be honest after a while the vanilla taste did seem to almost overpower the delicious taste of lobster. Not that I’m complaining. For dessert I had no trouble finishing off the outstanding chocolate soufflé, topped tableside with a dollop of chocolate ice cream. What more to you need to know – it was a phenomenal meal!

Service, as you would expect, was impeccable. Our server was very gracious and knowledgable, and late in the meal we had a pleasant chat with the owner. We dined very comfortably by candlelight outside in the patio garden, under the twinkling lights hanging in the trees. The live piano music was nice, too. When we left the restaurant, we were amused to see patrons have their car delivered to them by the valet, even though it was only about 10 feet away. Yes, the clientele is used to being pampered here!

• Visited October 2012