“Very good fish tacos...service excellent”
Review of Shanghai Reds

Shanghai Reds
Ranked #39 of 328 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Right off the main street at the back of the fish market. Very good food, and yes beer. Relaxing and shaded. Staff is helpful and nice. Worth the stop while in Palm Springs

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Will say that it is not very big and when the heat pops up in Palm Springs - the AC does not seem to follow here - small bar - but loved the Fish Tacos and the sauteed mushrooms - was really crowded thus creating more noise than if it were bigger. Its nice to try once anyway.

5  Thank snowtiger101
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Dive bar that isn't easy to find. Located in the back of a fish market restaurant. Small bar with limited seating. No air conditioning in Palm Springs! We sat at a table outside the bar with a Giant fan on us. My diva daughter was ready to have a fit. My husband, son and I had a fish taco that was recommended by none other than Anthony Bordain. It was huge ans Delicious! My husband and I shared a crab enchilada, it was just ok. My some had the Seafood risotto and it was fabulous. Large portion with lots shrimp, muscles, crab, and more. My son said the risotto was cooked perfectly. Even though it is a dive, it isn't cheap. Although the fish taco n is a real bargain at 3.95. If you can st nd, the heat, which actually wasn't so bad, it is worth going to. And even though my daughter wouldn't admit it, she enjoyed her salmon with Fettucini and broccoli. Lol

Reviewed July 20, 2014

A few friends and I went to Shanghai Reds while in Palm Springs for the weekend and really enjoyed ourselves. The bar is very basic and my margarita was too sugary for me, but other than that everything was delicious.

The three of us ordered a bunch of appetizers and a few fish tacos to share. The oysters were delicious, as were the peel and eat shrimp. The fish taco was good, but I liked the shrimp taco more. We also ordered crab stuffed mushrooms, which were delicious. We waited the longest for the mushrooms and our waitress came out to tell us there was an issue in the kitchen and bought us a round a drinks as an apology for the delay, which was really very nice of her. She was an excellent waitress and was definitely hustling all night.

Overall it was a very fun night. The jazz band was super fun and entertaining. My only recommendation would be that they get rid of the vinyl tablecloths as they hang all over your legs and when it's already a billion degrees out the last thing you really want touching you is some heavy vinyl tablecloth.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

This place was awesome! The food was great and the prices very reasonable. Great fish tacos, garlic shrimp....it was worth the wait! Great entertainment as well....Blues!!!