“Great burgers!”

Ranked #142 of 333 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A locals go to spot with super friendly staff and voted a "Best Burger " in th valley
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Visited this restaurant with friends for an informal meal & drinks. Great food at a very reasonable price.
Cocktails not so great but beer, wine & sprits all ok especially during happy hour!
Been back since first visit and will definitely go again when we're in PS next time.
Check the back of your Ralph's receipt as they have a coupon for 50% off.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

They make great burgers here! The ribs are mediocre, not overly tender and I found too much sauce. The service is okay - Good place to go for a quick burger and fries!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have eaten at Smokin' Burgers & Lounge twice now and have to recommend it as a great new burger joint. The burgers were fresh, tasty, cooked perfectly to order and they did a great job at a Philly Cheese Steak (and this from someone who lived in Philadelphia for 22 years). I think, contrary to others, that the view of the San Jacinto Mountains from the patio is spectacular, Yes, it is in a strip mall, but the corner location, in a little garden of various restaurants, means it is quiet and few cars go by. The salads were great, and fresh. This restaurant is a great new find

1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed March 19, 2013

On 3/14/2013, my Palm Springs friends suggested we go to lunch at Smokin Burger Lounge. This is a restaurant located in a strip mall type of shopping area and the interior had your standard sports bar decor. We skipped that and opted to eat outside on the sidewalk patio to enjoy the beautiful Palm Springs weather. When our waiter arrived, I discreetly handed him my credit card behind my host's back and gave him that time honored "I'm paying the bill-don't give the bill to anyone else" signal that most waiters discreetly usually understand. Not this waiter, he walked away from our table with my card (fine) but then returned and stood in front of my hosts and loudly asked "What do you want me to do with this? Are you saying you want to pay, because if you do then hold on to your card until then end". Obviously, he didn't attend much of his Waiter 101 class, and I automatically glared at him as my hosts protested about paying the bill, etc. Not the right way to start a meal. I stayed objective, as they insisted the burgers at Smokin Burger "are really good!". There were four of us, and three in my party ordered the standard burger ($7.95). Most everything on the menu seemed standard "sport bar fare" (think : fried calimari, chicken tenders, nachos, burgers, salads, and sandwiches) so I chose the Guacamole Burger ($11.95) from their "Premium Burger" menu. The three standard burgers were ordered "medium" and I asked for mine, "medium rare". I absolutely love hamburgers, but they must be medium rare. Any well done burger is devoid of both nutrients and taste. To prevent overcooked burgers from arriving tableside, I will ask for a medium rare burger and pray the burger arrives at least medium, some pink color and flavor showing. Sadly, all four burgers arrived well done. We all compared the grey color indicative of a well done, tasteless burger. If a chef can't get a simple hamburger right, I wouldn't venture to eat the other listed entrees. I would normally send it back, but I was starving and made do because the ancho chile dressing and a heaping portion of guacamole and fresh cilantro gave some taste to my burger. Although, all of that created a mess on my plate. It's no surprise that their Facebook page only lists 221 "Likes". I wasn't impressed, sorry!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Nice eatery close to Hotel California. Lovely waiter Frankie who really made it a pleasant visit. Outside was nicely shaded and inside had a bar vibe, with high tables and stools etc and was also nice. They had some awesome tangy chicken wings with the best blue cheese sauce ever (massive chunks of blue cheese it a really good size pot of sauce). Burger huge and really chunky chips compared to usual american fries. Prices were ok too and we were tempted to come back for dinner!