“Revel in one of the best restaurants in Palm Springs!”
Review of Frida's - CLOSED

Frida's
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Rochester, Minnesota
“Revel in one of the best restaurants in Palm Springs!”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Incredible! Foodies rejoice! Your oasis in the desert is Casa de Frida. Phenomenally fresh and flavorful with great warm service. Those on a budget can partake with two generous tacos for only $6 in the lounge. I have had fish tacos at over 25 different restaurants and these are the best I have ever had. I have eaten here five times and every time, the food and the service are consistent. The owner is warm and friendly and sat at the bar with patrons and told the story for the creation of his restaurant. Truly a labor of love, passion, and artisty, Victor Rodriguez is a talented chef. You will love Case de Frida!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank LisaRustad

Orange County, CA
“Worth the walk! Loved the Sunday Brunch!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This was our first time here and we came in at the last minute on an OpenTable reservation. Carlos was our server and he was efficient and informative when we had questions about the menu. My husband had the poached egg stack (poached eggs served on top of grilled asparagus and crispy bacon, drizzled with jalapeño cream sauce, and served with roasted rosemary potatoes and refried beans) and I ordered the Chino Poblano (filet of salmon marinated chino poblano style, combining poblano chilies and asian spices and served over a salad of fresh spring mixed greens, cucumbers, carrot, jicama, radish and green onion with a citrus vinaigrette). They offer bottomless sparkling wine and for $4. per person we had a very decent cava. (They left us the whole bottle in a wine chiller at our table, so we didn't have to ask or wait for refills.)
I hope this place survives because I think they have unique menu items, but unfortunately, they're just a few blocks off the downtown grid, which will make them "invisible" to some visitors. Give them a try and I don't think you'll be disappointed!

• Visited May 2014
Zurich, Switzerland
“Pretty happy - even with kids it's a good place”
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Pros
- Approaching the restaurant we could already see it's a nice place.
- Waiters greeted us friendly and asked immediately if we want something to draw for our kids (4 & 7).
- Food & Margheritas very good generally.
- Good size portions.
- Good atmosphere.

Cons
- Had 4 waiters all in all - not all on the same professional level.
- Service was a bit too fast for us Europeans.
- Ceviche was so so ...

North Palm Springs, California, United States
“Great food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Located in the quieter end of Town on South Palm Canyon Drive. Not too many tourists, noise, and heavy traffic, but on the main street and very easy to find..
This is a Gem. Good, knowledgeable waiters, good ambience, and decor, but most of all great food. My friend was in from Naples, Florida, and after trying many places in town,we decided to spend the last night with her at Fridas'. .It was the right choice, Carlos, our waiter was terrific, the food,[both meat, and fish choices] delightful, the cocktails sublime, , and then to top it off, a delicious chocolate mouse cake was bought out, surrounded my raspberries, as a complementary dessert.
The owner/chef/ then came out and cleared our table.!!!!!Showing that his 18 month old venture is a joint effort..
You cannot find better than that.

• Visited April 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“The table next to you can ruin an evening”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

This is really a split decision and a difficult review.

We had a reservation at 6 on a Saturday night. We selected a quiet table in the corner outside.

Everything started off well. Drinks were ordered. Service was friendly and efficient.

Chips and salsa arrived. I thought the salsa was great. My husband thought the chips were over cooked and greasy.

We ordered guacamole. I thought it was pretty good. He thought it was ordinary.

Then a table of three foul talking, loud, entitled LA over dressed street walker wantabees with two guys were set next to us.

It didn't matter how good the entrees were with the overpowering conversation next to us. I'd rather be on a plane next to a screening kid.

My pork was tender, moist, and flavorful. His Mexican inspired beef bourgeon was also great.

Black beans and ride were pedestrian at best and were left untouched.

If I had asked to change tables, maybe the evening would have been selva fed. Instead, we just wanted out of there.

2 Thank Layne O