“Take it from a Local: This Place Rocks!”

Ruben & Ozzy's Oyster Bar
Ranked #42 of 319 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Phoenix, Arizona
“Take it from a Local: This Place Rocks!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We live in Palm Springs and only just tried this place last week and we have already been back. We have tried both lunch and dinner and both experiences were phenomenal. I know that ultimately a place is best characterized by its food and this place has some tasty seafood options like tacos, enchiladas and ahi poke with a Mexican twist. But what really impressed us is the friendliness of the folks who work there. I will not lie. From the outside, this place is pretty unassuming. And honestly, the inside is small but cozy. As many people mentioned, the place place to sit might truly be at the counter.

This place will definitely become a favorite "neighborhood" place to grab a b ite to eat whether for lunch or dinner. There are some great lunch specials if you like fish or shrimp tacos.

• Visited December 2013

Puerto Vallarta
“A Must”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Five stars to me says there is little room for improvement and this place deserves all five. Try the lamb chops or the oysters Rockefeller or the clam chowder or anything else and you won't be disappointed. Sitting at the bar and watching the chefs/owners in action is my favorite.

1 Thank rnvgs
“Great food, excellent service”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The pasta and seafood is to die for! Fresh ingredients, perfectly cooked, inventive recipes.
The menu is not huge, but they combine what there is in clever ways. Nice wine list with some californian ones that went well with the food, especially the Joel Gott sauvignon blanc.
The owners work in the open kitchen, you can watch them juggling pots and pans if you take a seat by the bar.
Combine all that with quick and attentive service and reasonable prices and you have a winner!
We explored lots of restaurants during our two weeks in Palm Springs, but Ruben & Ozzy´s is on top of our list, no discussion.

Visited December 2013
Los Angeles, California
“I cant say enough”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My fiance' and I had dinner here on a monday night. In that the seating looked rather sparse, we had some concerns but took two seats at the counter/bar.

This is, by far, the best meal we have ever had in PS. There is a perfect mex/creole/pasta fusion thing going on here that is "off the hook". I would imagine it will not be long before Guy Fieri finds this place and it will be all over.

Boston clam chowder that was so good (and my entire family is from Mass, so its not like I havent had the best) that I can honestly say I have never had it anywhere on the west coast even close. One of the secrets to authentic clam chowder is being able to infuse the "sea" into it. This is usually done by creating your own clam broth, which I am almost sure these guys are doing. Its one of those, "here...you want to know what chowder is SUPPOSED to taste like?" kind of things...

I also had a couple of fish tacos that were the best I have had since Ensenada and they were probably better. The real "trip" here was that they were using simple Cod but you would think it was Cabazon or Seabass.

We then had a "Reuben Special" that had what was like an Alfredo sauce on the pasta but a red sauce on the seafood. Once you start playing with the mixture on your plate, you end up with pure "deliciousness"!!

The place was packed on a monday night. go early, you will LOVE IT!

• Visited December 2013
boston
“Great seafood”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Had the steamed clams and
Raw tuna salad. Food was great and served quick and hot. Perfect place for a casual meal. Good value and friendly staff.