“Great food - Great Service”

Ruben & Ozzy's Oyster Bar
Ranked #38 of 340 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2013

It was Sunday afternoon and we decided to look for a place to eat dinner. My husband discovered Ruben & Ozzy's on Tripadvisor, and we decided to try it. We called to see if we needed a reservation, and Ruben suggested that we make one because it could become pretty busy. We made the reservation & he was right! The place was packed. We had a great table outside by the sidewalk. To our surprise, Ruben was our waiter! He was great. The service was great! The food was plentiful and great. We will return!!

1  Thank terryrose

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Although we went to R&O's last month with family from New York, we have been back twice more since then and have enjoyed it immensely both times. The last visit we both had Ozzie's s special which is a fantastic array of seafood-mussels, clams, large and small shrimp, scallops and crab- in a delicious white wine and garlic sauce. More seafood than I've ever seen in a restaurant dish! All served over a bed of perfectly cooked pasta. At $18.95, a bargain since we had more than enough to bring home for a second shot.

Lexi, our server, is a beautiful young lady with a delightful smile who rightfully sings the praises of her restaurant and, beyond the food, is R&O's greatest advertisement.

The off season is a difficult time for all restaurants in a resort community and the residents of Palm Springs should definitely support Ruben and Ozzie's this summer to ensure its long term success.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This location has been a few things, and I hope these guys do well. This is mostly an outdoors kind of place to eat. Eating inside can be fun, but it is a bit tight. If you eat inside eat at what I will call the "counter" - granite counter, high stools and you can watch Ruben and Ozzy do their magic. I have been there twice for dinner and once for lunch. The first time I had the surf and turf (chose the shrimp, but lobster is available). For an Oyster bar, the steak was just right. We kept seeing a sampler appetizer come by us (we sat at the counter where you watch them cook everything) which is what I ordered the second time. Had it as an entry with the best Lobster bisque I have ever had - full of Lobster! Yum! I went another time for lunch and it was great - fried oyster tacos!! Fantastic. They also serve both kinds of Clam Chowder. I enjoy them both, but really prefer Manhattan (red) - full of Clams, not too much potatoes. Very tasty. Service is great, fun atmosphere, good food. They do not have a full bar, basically beer and wine. Ruben shared that since their storage areas are very small, they have mostly everything come in fresh because they have limited space to store it, so that is a real plus! Try it out.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I had never been to Palm Springs and while driving up we did a quick search for quaint and fun restaurants. The description for Ruben and Ozzy's was "amazing food with not much scenery". They were right about the food; fantastic! Oysters were plump and tasty, DEFINITELY order the grilled fish tacos. And the scenery was not that bad. It's on an off street from the main drag, but still a nice view of the mountains. Best was that the prices were not over inflated and the wait staff very friendly. She made us feel like a local.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband and I ate at R&O for the first time last night. Very impressive. Ozzie was fun to watch preparing, serving, making out the bill -- guy really knows how to multi task. My husband loves oysters and he was not disappointed. Their happy hour menu is available all day on Mondays. Highly recommend. Many diners were just eating oysters served in a huge clam shell with oyster shooters on the side. A fun place right off Palm Dr. and almost across from Hilton.