“Listed as Best Dive Bar in Palm Springs”

Toucans Tiki Lounge
Ranked #2 of 11 Nightlife in Palm Springs
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I had seen this bar listed as best dive bar in Palm Springs and was taking a walk near its location so decide to stop in and check it out. I like tiki bars and thought I might compare it to the La Mariana Sailing Club in Honolulu that I had visited last November.
Well not really a comparison. The Toucans Lounge has a light tiki motif. It is not a true tiki bar.
They give you fresh popped popcorn when you sit down and it has an open air bar in the back of the place. Connects to a walk way I think.
Anyway it was a nice respite from my walk in the sun and offered a cold drink. So I sat at the bar and ordered a Mai Tai, thinking tiki. The bartender was a nice guy and got right to making a drink after saying "Right away babght". I didn't quite make it out but though nothing of it. I say making a drink because I believe he had no idea what a Mai Tai was but made me a very good rum punch, which was actually more satisfying to my thirst than a Mai Tai so it worked out. He brought me the drink and said "There you go babe." I was a bit surprised as no one ever calls me babe but my wife. $10 bucks for the drink and as I cooled off and enjoyed my cocktail I noticed that most if not all other patrons were gay. I'm not but everyone is entitled to live their own life and all were at Toucans Lounge.
Everyone seemed to be having a good time and most if not all seemed to be regulars. The open air bar was popular and a crowd was having a great time there. As I said the drink was just the right thing for my thirst and after sipping it down I was ready to continue my walk knowing that I could be a "babe", if only at home and Toucans Lounge. I left the establishment happy.

1  Thank Tomldtx