“one of the best meals we had in palm springs!”
Review of The Sandwich Spot

The Sandwich Spot
Ranked #2 of 329 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed March 22, 2013

excellent sandwiches, very friendly and quick services. a real treasure in a town full of mediocre food!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This small outlet doesn't have any frills when it comes to the fixtures and fittings - there is a small outdoor seating area and a few tables inside with a large TV. What it does have though is wonderful sandwiches, great service and lovely staff.

The place is tucked away in a side street off the main drag - we happened in originally by chance, looking for a lunchtime option that was fresh and not mass produced. The sandwiches are all made on the spot (if it gets busy you will have to wait for a few minutes) and there are (IIRC) 24 standard choices in addition to building your own.

We went back twice inside a few days as we enjoyed the experience so much. First time we had the hot and spicy chicken combo, second time the chicken and cranberry. Both were seriously good. Fresh warm bread, interesting and appetising fillings. The service was always efficient and friendly and I really want places like this to succeed as they offer such a great alternative to dreary processed fast food.

1  Thank ikelmay
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We were looking for a casual dining experience in Palm Springs and just happened to notice this spot while walking by. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and the reasonable price. The sandwich was great and the service was excellent.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Every once in a while a resturant completely amazes me. The Sandwich Spot is a hidden gem, tucked in the corner of a side street of Palm Canyon Drive. The decor first struck me as rather bleak until I notice the hipster pictures and interesting tables and chairs. I was looking for a good sub when I walked in. I had one of the best sandwiches in my life as I left. The large board of sandwich offerings displayed a creative display of tasty sandwich combinations all with interesting names. This was no average sandwich. I had The Bear Necessities:Hot Pastrami, Roast Beef, Salami & provolone. The meat was warm and piled high on top of a fresh french roll. I will be back and I hope tourists visiting PS love this place as much as I did.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had lunch here as a family a couple of times during the past week, and were impressed with the friendly and helpful staff, and much amused by the whimsical names given to the sandwiches on offer (Bare Necessities, Milf, Dilf - with hot salami, etc); they are having fun.
They have a good variety of breads, including their renowned dutch crunch, and we sampled six of the almost 30 possibilities. You will want plenty of napkins, because the secret sauce (garlic and chimichurri) gets everywhere, especially when it's a meatball choice.
The breads were all great, ingredients fresh - I always like bean sprouts - and the eclectic mixes of cranberries and chicken, for instance, bring a great blend of sweet and savory.
The sandwiches are not cheap - averaging $8 - but this spot deserves its place in the Palm Springs restaurant list.