“Hidden Gem of Sandwiches”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Sandwich Spot

The Sandwich Spot
Ranked #3 of 318 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Cary, il
“Hidden Gem of Sandwiches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Every once in a while a resturant completely amazes me. The Sandwich Spot is a hidden gem, tucked in the corner of a side street of Palm Canyon Drive. The decor first struck me as rather bleak until I notice the hipster pictures and interesting tables and chairs. I was looking for a good sub when I walked in. I had one of the best sandwiches in my life as I left. The large board of sandwich offerings displayed a creative display of tasty sandwich combinations all with interesting names. This was no average sandwich. I had The Bear Necessities:Hot Pastrami, Roast Beef, Salami & provolone. The meat was warm and piled high on top of a fresh french roll. I will be back and I hope tourists visiting PS love this place as much as I did.

• Visited February 2013

• Greek first
Detroit, MI
“Fine Palm Springs Sandwiches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had lunch here as a family a couple of times during the past week, and were impressed with the friendly and helpful staff, and much amused by the whimsical names given to the sandwiches on offer (Bare Necessities, Milf, Dilf - with hot salami, etc); they are having fun.
They have a good variety of breads, including their renowned dutch crunch, and we sampled six of the almost 30 possibilities. You will want plenty of napkins, because the secret sauce (garlic and chimichurri) gets everywhere, especially when it's a meatball choice.
The breads were all great, ingredients fresh - I always like bean sprouts - and the eclectic mixes of cranberries and chicken, for instance, bring a great blend of sweet and savory.
The sandwiches are not cheap - averaging $8 - but this spot deserves its place in the Palm Springs restaurant list.

• Visited December 2012
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great place to grab a quick lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

This little place had great sandwiches! Don't go if you're looking for anything fancy, but if you want a quick, relatively (for Palm Springs) inexpensive lunch, it's perfect.

Visited December 2012