All reviews sister property record player mid century fire pit manager eric don draper saltwater pool pool hours albert frey mad men tennis club yogurt central location modernism week quiet area retro style art museum
Selected filters
Reviewed January 26, 2017

Had the perfect stay at the Hideaway. I love mid century modern architecture and design and this hotel is a perfect example of this style down to every detail. Hotel and grounds are perfectly maintained. Location is perfect: within walking distance to busy South Palm Canyon Dr while in a quiet/peaceful area. Beautiful mountain views from around the pool. Host Bill was extremely friendly and helpful. We will definitely come back.

Reviewed January 3, 2017 via mobile

This is the most fantastic spot for an authentic Palm Springs break. Tastefully decorated rooms, beautifully done in various mod century themes, gorgeous garden and pool, super breakfast. Location is also perfect and it's quiet and private. Would definitely stay here again! Super friendly and helpful staff too!

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2016

Just got back from Palm Springs and stayed at the Hideaway which is part of Orbit Inn.
10 units around a courtyard pool, gas fire pit and large grass area. Excellent stay. It is a 60's retro theme and extremely well kept. The have a free continental breakfast in the common meeting room with a lot of healthy alternatives like greek your, granola, fruit, oatmeal, fresh coffee. They also have free cruiser bikes for guest use which we used on a few occasions to check out PS and cruise around Old Las Palmas. Salt water pool was perfect temperature and very clean. Owners and staff very courteous and you can tell they really care about the Inn and your stay. Highly recommend. 2 blocks from main street in PS so you can walk pretty much anywhere. Also 2 blocks from Art Museum. And if you are feeling energetic you can do the 1.5 mile Museum Trail hike which starts right behind the Museum (10 minute walk from Inn) and hike about 800 feet up to a great look out over the valley. Great way to burn off the calories from all of the fantastic restaurants.

Room tip: we stayed in room 120 which was second to end away from common room and would recommend but I believe there are no bad rooms.
Date of stay: December 2016
1  Thank KBout
Reviewed December 11, 2016

My husband & I are very particular about staying at quiet, adult-oriented places so we can relax at the end of busy, physically active days. The Hideaway Inn did not disappoint. We stayed in Herb's Hideaway which was a fabulous room, with its own private little patio out back. This is a small property with a lovely swimming pool and gas fire pit. It is in a residential area but only a five minute walk (if that) to Palm Canyon Drive. It was so quiet at night we slept with the windows open. Continental breakfast was fine for us (granola, bagels, fruit, yogurt...) as we're not big breakfast eaters. Highly recommend this place & can't wait to return.

2  Thank Portnoff
Reviewed November 7, 2016

I contacted the Orbit In to book a room for three nights for my wife and me about 30 days prior to our arrival. I was told there was no room at the In for us, but there was one room available at their sister property, the Hideaway. "Are You Kidding Me?" - The Orbit In is our favorite place to stay in the Coachella Valley. Bill encouraged me to take his word and give the Hideaway a try. We chose the Hideaway over one more property in Palm Springs only because of the great way we have been treated at the Orbit In. We were running late driving from San Francisco and called to notify management. We left a message and sent an email. After two more hours and no answer we were concerned that we wouldn't have a room. My wife called again and Bill answered apologizing for not seeing the message light or the email....he was tending to his guests at the boomerang bar serving good wine and Orbitinis. Okay that's cool because we love the Orbitinis! Bill gave us the code to the gate and upon arrival at 11:30pm, we couldn't get the gate to open. Against our better judgment, we called Bill to tell him and after some more attempts, Jinny came down and popped the gate open - we were doing it wrong.."Are You Kidding Me? Oh well. Chris took our small bags to the room and I returned to our vehicle to retrieve our other two suitcases and before I could say anything, Jinny had followed me and grabbed one of the bags (which was just about as big as she is!!) and started dragging it toward the Hideaway and our room. I was thinking "Are You Kidding Me?" I have never had another hotel owner help me with my luggage and I stay in hotels about 100 nights a year. I entered the property and it was lighted beautifully, just like a 1948 postcard for Midcentury Modern Motor Inns. I stopped part way and thought to myself "AYKM?"...this place is amazing! Pool, Palm Trees, landscaping and beautiful grass and the structure!!! Roman Brick, horizontal lines with glass cornered room walls. Everywhere I looked I saw more. After getting into the room "Herb's Hideaway" with mouth open and saying "cool" way too many times, Jinny led us to the kitchen, which is always open, with snacks, coffee, tea, soft drinks and juices. Again those words popped into my thoughts "AYKM?". No other hotel has this. We took the time to mix two small martinis which we sipped on the back patio while listening to jazz on the vinyl loaded console stereo in the living area. Low lights, warm night, cool jazz and delicious cocktails at midnight in the desert.....right? "AYKM?". Saturday morning Jinny had Herb's dining table set with more than a continental breakfast spread which we enjoyed eating on the front patio facing the pool while the sun rose from our left. In the daylight the grounds were even more spectacular. We floated in the pool, headed to Tommy Bahamas for a late lunch and back to the Orbin In at 5 for Orbitinis! Cocktail hour was fun and interesting chatting with the other guests and the boomerang bar being manned by the man in the hat, Bill. What a host.!! On our way back walking down the street to the Hideaway we both agreed that we had no reason to second guess Bill as to the Hideaway's acceptability. We are back in Wiscoinsin now and still look at ourselves and mutter the words "AYKM?" About the fabulous time we had in Palm Springs at the Hideaway.
Don't think twice about staying at the Orbit In or the Hideaway...they are both the Cat's Meow, Baby!

Room tip: Herb's Hideaway room is spacious and Comfy!!
1  Thank Tikijim