“Like a relaxing visit with old friends...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Avanti Hotel

Avanti Hotel
Ranked #6 of 23 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
Seattle
“Like a relaxing visit with old friends...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Relaxing December Getaway! The owner, Jim is a thoughtful and considerate host. He thinks of everything.
Coffee and self-serve breakfast was waiting pool side every morning. The pool area washes away responsibilities with it's blue water and yellow umbrella sanctuary.
I rode AVANTI's pink cruiser around town. Jim greased the chain, making longer rides much easier. He borrowed me his back pack when he recognized my purse wasn't going to cut it for my trip to the grocery store.
There are no extra costs. When you leave there is nothing to sign. Jim, thanks for a lovely week.

Room Tip: The private patios are truly private and perfect for breakfast in your PJ's. Rooms on the wes...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Julie L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed 2 night at the Avanti hotel for a quick getaway. We are not pool lounging folks but you can certainly enjoy that activity at the Avanti. I chose the Avanti because we were bringing our small Maltese with us and the Hotel had good reviews as pet friendly. When we arrived, there was a welcome sign for Finley and the room contained a water dish and a pet mat or towel for him to sleep on. He chose to sleep in his travel bag. Jim, the owner, provided a free cocktail hour and made me a fine martini and my wife a margarita. he had plenty of suggestions for dinner and outings. The goody package in the room was complimentary including dog treats. Jim offered to watch our dog so we could ride the tram to dinner. It was during the slow time of the week so if packed he may not be able too and their website states this. all in all we enjoyed our brief stay and would stay there again.

2 Thank Scott R
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I came here to celebrate my 30th birthday. Not only was the hotel beautiful it had a stunning view of the mountains from the pool! Happy hour is always good, am I right?! Sitting by the fire pit with good friends, BBQ'ed food, and good drinks was exactly how I wanted my birthday. Thanks Jim for all of your hospitality! I will for sure be back to the avanti!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jessica B
JimR978, General Manager at Avanti Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Jessica thank you for the nice review. I look forward to you next stay with us.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

My five star experience with Avanti started right from the time of booking. Easy to switch a couple of dates around without hassle. A warm welcome from Jim upon arrival. Walked into quite the perfect room which had character and even a cute patio area where I enjoyed breakfast. There were daily tips from Jim on what to do and where to go. I was expecting to lay by the pool during my stay but there was far too much to do in Palm Springs. When I did chill out, the hot tub was perfect and the service attentive. Soft drinks and water on tap, whenever I wanted it. Not to mention room snacks on arrival. So refreshing!

Avanti is in the perfect location. Walkable to some restaurants if you wish or a very short drive. don't even think about any other hotels in Palm Springs. This place is perfect.

Room Tip: I had the end room by the hot tub area. Perfect.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank TejLondon
Laguna Niguel, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed at The Avanti for our 1st Wedding Anniversary / my 41st B-Day just last weekend and can say that the only disappointment was that we had to leave after 3 days. Not only was Jim, the owner, extremely attentive, but the place was quiet, cozy, clean, and very inviting. The first night we were met with flowers in the room, a cold beer and complimentary snacks and drinks. Every morning we woke up to fresh coffee & breakfast goodies as we laid poolside on our lounge chairs. We were a little too busy to enjoy his daily beer and wine "Happy Hour", but it's just one more cool amenity that this place offers. I would recommend The Avanti to anyone that is looking for a memorable place to stay while enjoying the many offerings in Palm Springs. We will definitely be back. (Thanks Jim!!).

Room Tip: Request a room equipped with a kitchenette. Always nice to have a little fridge for your libations
1 Thank Jessica L
Thunder Bay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Avanti as we were looking for a place to kick back and relax without the business of a larger resort. The hotel is a little dated so if you are looking for newer or remodelled rooms you will be disappointed. The bed was very comfortable, a definite plus and the room, pool and hot tub are very clean and well maintained. Jim and Joey are friendly hosts and offer a great poolside breakfast each morning, happy hour beverages each evening at 5:00pm and a complimentary ice chest filled with water, soda (pop for fellow Canadians), gator aide, etc. Another plus is an outdoor gas fireplace which is a nice way to take the evening chill away while chatting and having a beverage with other guests or sometimes just relaxing on your own. There are a couple of nice restaurants close by and downtown is just a 2 km walk to get you into the heart of the local shops and restaurants. Overall a great experience and would recommend the Avanti for those looking for a quiet place to enjoy the sun, warmth and the interesting things to do while in Palm Springs.

Room Tip: There isn't a fitness centre but the rating is for the pool and poolside lounge chairs
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kathy P
SLO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Spent 4 days with my husband and my dogs at this hotel. The purpose was to stay by the pool and relax. The hotel is in a very convenient location to Palm Springs and not in the windy area. It is also very quiet and you would think that you are in a spa in the mountains. The rooms are great: All of them are few steps from the pool (very convenient!), very clean and well appointed, with modern kitchens, great mattresses, spacious, spa-like bathrooms. The pool is nice and heated (appears smaller in the pictures, but is just the perfect size) and there are great view of the mountains from the pool and some of the rooms. The best part of the hotel is the staff (especially Jim, the owner, and Joey, the manager) who are GENUINELY friendly and were available to help us when ever we needed them. They are also very pet friendly, making your stay with your dogs more relaxing and stress free.

1 Thank Luis O
JimR978, General Manager at Avanti Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
It is nice to hear you enjoyed your stay.