“Charming Getaway”
Review of Avanti Hotel

Avanti Hotel
Ranked #6 of 23 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We spent one night at the Avanti in August. I chose the Avanti because of the great reviews, photos and their dog friendly policy. Most dog friendly places in Palm Springs charge an arm & a leg to allow you to bring your dog. I was able to bring my small dog for $20.00 for the night & provided him with water, bowls & doggy treats. At first glance I thought the pool/lounge area might be kind of small but once we got settled in and staked out our lounge chairs it felt fine. The hotel is well maintained and nicely decorated. The hosts were exceptional & the other guests for the most part were friendly. Free water & extra towels were provided poolside. Chill music is played and the misters are constantly on to keep you cool throughout the day in the blistering heat. Although we didn’t participate in the happy hour, it’s a nice added touch. The breakfast was basic but tasty with coffee, juices, fruit, bagels and cereals. Our room was modern, clean and comfortable and had flooring instead of carpet. The beds was firm, the sheets were crisp and towels were plush. A welcome package full of free snacks & water were left for us in the room along with some great bathroom toiletries. Our room had a nice small outdoor patio with furniture. My only issues were with the wall mounted air conditioner, I didn’t mind that it was loud as the humming sound helped me sleep, but it didn’t manage to cool the room enough. The air conditioner was mounted on a wall over a door near the ceiling. The cool air cool was obstructed by another wall space over another door directly across the way. The temperature was manageable but borderline uncomfortable. Lastly, when we returned from dinner at around 9pm, the pool was full of loud people playing volleyball. We were hoping to take a dip in the pool before bedtime and have a nice quiet sleep. However, we were unable to do either. These sorts of situations and inconsiderate guests are hard to predict. I don’t hold it against the hotel. However, anyone deciding to stay here needs to keep in mind that it is a small hotel and because it is a small hotel any sounds coming from the pool area will be amplified. Our overall experience at Avanti was fantastic. I would definitely recommend it and stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the north side of the hotel are probably the furthest from the pool and the most quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maxx32655
There are newer reviews for Avanti Hotel

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend for three nights after a three week vacation in California, and of all the places we have stayed, this place was definitely the highlight! We stayed in a "regular" room which was nicely decorated (no carpets!) and clean. Avanti has no hidden fees (free wifi, parking). This place has put a lot of thoughts into all the details, which gives a nice, luxurious feel. The owner is really nice and makes you feel at home, but you still get your privacy. There are some comments here on loud air condition, that was no problem for me (but I always bring earplugs). Walking/driving distance to restaurants, not far.

I've never written a review before, but I just har to write about this place. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Nina Marie A
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Avanti is the place to go if you are looking to be treated like a guest, and not like a customer.
The atmosphere is relaxed, quiet and clean. The rooms are well-appointed, the pool and hottub are right outside your door, and never crowded.
We loved it. Jim and Bonnie treated us very well, and every detail was perfect, including the price.
I can't wait to go there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BrodieKS
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The Avanti was awesome! I would echo what the other reviewers said, but add/emphasize:

1) No nickel and diming - apparently Jim's brother or brother in law is a very frequent traveler and let Jim know that his biggest pet peeve is getting charged for every little thing at hotels. Hence the breakfast, sodas/water all day in a cooler, bikes, wifi, parking, happy hour at 5pm, pool toys, towels, in room snacks, and pretty much anything else you would want are all included!

2) Vibe - Even though the place is newly refurbished, it still maintains a great vibe of Palm Springs and the desert.

3) Quiet and dog friendly - no kids under 16 and dogs allowed - what's not to like about that?! Well at least if you are a 30 year old married couple sans family.

4) Location - $6 cab ride to everything on Palm Canyon Drive.

All in all a great stay - we will be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My wife and I needed a getaway from the stresses of work and kids for a long weekend and came across the Avanti based on reviews. I must say that we were very happy with our three night stay.
Check in was easy and we received a brief tour from Bonnie. Complimentary snacks in the room, and water and sodas by the pool was a big plus. The room itself was very nice, wood floors, tiled bath, flat screen TV – all the amenities you would expect a modern hotel to have. The private patio out back was great, we enjoyed breakfast each morning out there. I do have to say that the wall A/C units were very loud. And although I can sleep through earthquakes, sirens you name it, I had a hard time sleeping here. The beds were nice enough, but maybe it was the combo of the extra loud A/C and super sheer curtains letting the sun in that did it. Not sure. Also would be nice if the TV were able to get HD channels. You have these nice 42 inch TVs playing basic cable taking up ½ of the screen. But we weren’t there to watch TV so no biggie.

The pool area is fantastic! Plenty of loungers with great custom towels on them. Plenty of areas for sun or shade and lots of fresh towels available. It isn’t the biggest pool in the world, but more than enough for a place with 11 rooms. My wife and I enjoyed the private spa area as well each night. Even though the hotel was booked, we were the only ones there each night.

Service was definitely top notch! If I had to nitpick, I would have liked to be a little closer to the action downtown. It is about a mile and half walk, which is rough in the summer. On the plus side, the street the hotel is on is very quiet – so you take the good with the bad.

I would highly recommend the Avanti! Thanks Jim and Bonnie!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ericu33
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Avanti in early March and really enjoyed it. Location is great and quiet. The breakfast offers plenty of options and having water and other beverages available at the pool was a nice plus. We used the bikes one day and rode to the Albertson's for some groceries and walked into town for dinner. Jim and Bonnie were super and we looked forward to happy hour :) We missed not having our dog with us, so we enjoyed visits from Maya. Would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank equuscrazy
Reviewed April 8, 2013

MY Husband and I ended an 8 month drive across the USA with a very pleasant stay at the Avanti Hotel.. We most appreciated the thought they put into ensuring a pleasurable stay.. They had several free snacks in our room,along with water and robes. They had bikes and helmets available at no charge. A basket full of soft drinks and water was to poolside. Every evening they offered complementary margaritas, wine and beer. The owners are polite and friendly. We reluct tantly left to return to the real world.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple