All reviews coffee and pastries design district pool area ice water own private patio free bikes spanish style mountain view small fridge the entire hotel wonderful hotel small hotel great pool hot tub joshua tree the main strip restaurants and shops
Selected filters
Reviewed December 18, 2018

The only reason I don't give Alcazar 5-stars is because of the noise between rooms. This is an older building and while noise from outside was barely discernible, (my room was literally abutting Cheeky's Restaurant) the 2:46 a.m. conversation in the room next door followed by snoring the next night was enough to wake me from my sleep. That being said, once things quieted down after about 1/2 hour, it wasn't hard to get back to dreamland. And when I checked in to my room, the safety chain on the door was broken and one of the drapery pulls had become disconnected. Those issues were rectified the following day.
That being said, this is a dandy little oasis in the heart of Palm Springs. It was too cold (December) to use the pool, but it looked gorgeous with ample poolside seating to handle a warmer-weather crowd. The night-time fire pit lends a romantic touch with tables and chairs available. Free Coaster bikes for guests to use; fresh coffee, juice, pastries and newspapers set out for breakfast; and easy walking to tons of great restaurants, shops, boutiques, galleries and the Palm Springs Art Museum make the Alcazar the perfect locale for any season in the desert. Incidentally, housekeeping is super! I requested extra body lotion and they gladly provided it along with extra bottled water. And my room was immaculate.
On my next visit to Palm Springs, I will definitely opt to stay here. I might request a room on an upper level, perhaps overlooking the pool.

Room tip: Opt for an upper-level room.
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2018 via mobile

Everything at Alcazar is JUST RIGHT! The Alcazar Team did a great job of setting the tone before we even arrived. The location is AWESOME. You can easily get out and explore or just hang by the pool. Speaking of, they have a GREAT pool. Temp is just right. Relaxed vibe and almost like this little oasis just a step or 2 from your room. The rooms are intimate, simply furnished. Honestly I didn’t spend a lot of time IN my room, because the pool, fire pit + garden areas offer perfect spots to hang out. There are so many awesome amenities and I appreciated the thoughtful ways in which they were presented throughout my stay. I would definitely stay at Alcazar again.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I booked a room at the Alcazar to attend a local wedding. We were thrilled with our choice. Room was minimal, but had everything we needed. Comfortable bed, extremely clean and a cool aesthetic. The pool area and grounds are absolutely beautiful. We loved the coffee and pastries in the morning and the bikes to rent where a nice touch. Both restaurants associated with the hotel were delicious. All of the staff we met were friendly and extremely helpful. We will be back!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

Located in the Design District this small low scale hotel has just about everything. We had a “suite” room 27, however we only use one bedroom. While some other rooms have an internal courtyard we had a break out space directly off the living area, and a kitchenette with a full size refrigerator sink cupboards full service cutlery bowls plates etc and a microwave, kettle and coffee machine. This would ba a great suite for a small family or group travelling together. There is a self service breakfast every morning in their reception, this is not a room service hotel it is very casual and laid back, they have capsule coffee machine, orange juice (in a big jug), and pastries, no granola, cereal, muesli though. If you want this best to bring you own, nowhere near seemed to have it on their menu, we bought some from a supermarket (5 minute drive), and you can alway buy a coffee from their cafe. The area has lots of great shopping, and the area is not as tourist fast food outlet focused as mid/downtown PS.Alcazar has a cafe and separate restaurant/bar (I have secparate reviews (both +). The restaurant bar is popular on Fri/Sat). The staff are friendly, the hotel is well located if you want some quiet space and have day trips, it is a reasonable walk from the more vibrant tourist shops and family restaurants, but not so far that you could not walk/ stroll.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

I just returned from my 2nd stay at Alcazar this year and cannot tell you how much I have enjoyed both of my stays. The property is absolutely immaculate, staff is helpful and friendly and the relaxing vibe could not be better!

The food, ambiance and service at both Birba and Cheeky’s was so fantastic that we enjoyed them both, twice during our 2 day visit.

I cannot wait for my next visit!! Keep up the great work!! Thank you Alcazar!

Date of stay: October 2018