All reviews coffee and pastries design district pool area ice water lovely room own private patio free bikes spanish style every morning mountain view great boutique wonderful hotel hotel grounds rooms are spacious small fridge small hotel hot tub
Reviewed June 7, 2017

So, if you see pictures of this place, they will tell all the story you'll need. We stayed in a poolside room. Everything's white: the floor is painted white, bedding, headboard, etc. It gives the rooms a slight sterile and cold vibe, but, overall, it was a pleasant room. The pool area is very nice. The pool is just the right temperature and we there there on a Monday evening, so it was pretty empty -- we had our pick of lounge chairs. The only issue came up when I was rattled out of bed at 8:30 in the morning by what sounded like Thor's hammer tearing the wall down. New carpet was being installed next door and, yes, the workers were causing the walls to shake. I noticed the manager and front desk employee when I went to get coffee and shared this experience with them. The manager was exceptionally apologetic, told me that had he been working he never would have put us in that room, and offered to discount the room. (It was clear that the manager knows what defines good service because I did not have to ask for a discount, but he offered it.) When I saw him later, he explained that because I'd booked through Jetsetter, he couldn't return me money (the peculiarities of online booking), but gave me his card and told me that he'd make it up to us on our next visit to Palm Springs. Super nice guy. I will note that I watched the face of his front desk employee as we had the initial conversation about the hammering and her face told me that if I had shared my unpleasant experience with only her, she would have shrugged her shoulders. That being said, it's a nice spot with a nice pool and manager.

Room Tip: View the pictures of their site.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cyberdouglas
Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

In town for a wedding, stayed at The Alcazar for three nights. Great boutique hotel, well maintained, and a friendly attentive staff. Rooms are updated, comfortable and spacious.

The location is in the heart of downtown with many shops and restaurants within an easy walk. Great pool, and a number of quiet, shady spots to hang out.

Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mayhem52
Reviewed May 17, 2017

the staff is amazing, feels like you are in paradise not a care in the world... no matter what I always stay here-salt water pool not a large place so it is quaint & close to downtown Palmsprings you can walk and take in all the sites

Room Tip: courtyard view/pool view are my favorites but any room you stay in is great
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2017

I've been to PS a few times, and have some sense of the options out there, and would put Alcazar near the top of my list. This was my first time staying here, and I booked the most basic room, but either they upgraded me without telling me, or their basic rooms are very nice - I had a lovely, large, second floor room (there's only a few on the 2nd floor) looking out on the mountains over the pool. The room was very quiet and spacious, and I never heard other guests.

Most of the rooms are on the first floor around the pool, but unlike the pool at some other PS hotels I've stayed at, this didn't really a "party pool" - granted, I was there in January, so maybe in June things are different, but the vibe I got was that it was a quieter, more mature clientele than the Ace or Saguaro (which are fun in their own way, if that's what you want).

Every previous time I've been to PS, I'd had a car, and I didn't on this trip - but it wasn't a problem. The Alcazar's location was perfect - it's v. central and you can walk to a lot of shopping and restaurants. They also have free bikes for guests, that make it really easy to bike around and explore the great architecture and gardens in PS. Plus, it's an easy walk as well to local hiking trails and you can get serious elevation from trails that start right near downtown (for Joshua Tree, though, car is necessary).

The hotel offers free coffee and pastries in the morning, but if want something more substantial, the hotel also has adjoining associated restaurants that seemed very popular with non-hotel guests - I had a great brunch at Cheeky's (get the corn pancakes!), as well as the neighboring casual Italian restaurant. There's no hotel bar, but the Italian restaurant has a bar menu, and the Movie Colony hotel is right across the street with a really lovely bar area.

Room Tip: Most rooms are on first floor, but if you can get a second floor room, it had a lovely view of the mountains
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank ElleinLA
Reviewed May 10, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights in August. Awesome style hotel, wondered staff and a great location. As a business traveler who stays in hotels every week Alcazar was a great change of pace. Clean and comfortable staff was attentive and very helpful. Definitely look these guys up if you're headed to Palm Springs!

Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple