“Lovely property”

Alcazar Palm Springs
Ranked #20 of 74 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Clean and comfortable, convenient location. All the amenities with luxury linens. Very friendly and helpful staff, nice pool and hot tub. Good choice for heavenly Palm Springs.

Room Tip: pool side!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Stayed here for two nights with family and would highly recommend it for couples or families with older teens. It's very quiet and peaceful. Spotlessly clean. Modern but not luxurious. Avoid rooms that back onto the street as traffic noise is high at all times but if your ask to be moved and they have a room available, they are very obliging. Great location, literally out the side gate and onto the main street of Palm springs which has everything you could wish for. My only reason for not giving 5 stars is I really think all hotels should have coffee/tea making facilities in the room - particularly when there is no restaurant service like here.

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 14, 2012

3/14/2012
Stayed here over the weekend and it was the perfect spot! The location is perfect - right next to Cheeky's and Birba so you only have to walk steps for an incredible breakfast, drinks, or dinner! The courtyard area was charming with white lights and landscaping, and water and fire features. The room itself was very comfortable and spacious - we had a deluxe room with a jacuzzi tub (which was in a whole separate room than the bathroom). Coffee and pastries were available in the lobby in the morning, which we enjoyed while sitting on at the table and chairs located around the pool while we planned our day. Staff at check in was extremely friendly and welcoming. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed March 13, 2012

What a beautiful place! Great rates and friendly staff. The pool and lounge was awesome, super chill but lively! Next door amazing restuarants, never have to do more than walk a few feet for great breakfast and lunch at Cheeky's and dinner and drinks at Birba. Apparently you don't have to die to go to heaven.

Must do...Cheeky's drink- Italian Greyhound- OMG! Plus Chiliqules will win your heart!
Birba's pizzas are crazy freakin good and the salads are to die!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I got a Groupon deal and packed up the dog for a weekend in Palm Springs. My greeting at Alcazar wasn't the friendliest...did I advise them I'd be bringing my dog? yes I always do. "the rule is you have to have a patio room and pay a $50 fee for the dog". Ok, that's your rule, so fine. Unfortunately, there were no patio rooms available so we got an upgraded (?) room with a fireplace on the second floor. Ok. What they didn't mention, was the restaurant below cranks up on a Friday night and sleep is next to impossible. Make sure you either bring earplugs or ask for a room far from the bar. The room itself was very nice and clean and cozy with comfy bed and duvet, loads of down pillows. The hotel grounds are lovely, pool area is beautiful and relaxing, although I never got to relax much. The location is awesome, right down the street from The Corridor shops and my favorite Koffi shop. When I checked out, my Groupon was not taken off my bill. I had to come back in and sort it out. The Alcazar people were all very nice and the hotel is definitely worth a return trip. Dogs are allowed but there really isn't anywhere on the hotel grounds for them to go potty or any trashcans.

Room Tip: Ask to be far from the bar/restaurant.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I'm so excited to have found this gem of a place! It was JUST completely renovated. Great, comfy, clean rooms, gorgeous landscaping, and the pool and hot tub are to die for with an amazing view of the mountains and palm trees. Also, because it's such a small hotel (only about 30 rooms), poolside is always relaxing. (I used to stay at another hotel, but I guess I'm getting old, because loud thumping music and hoards of twenty-somethings taking up every lounge chair in sight with their drunken cackling doesn't do it for me any more.) Alcazar is my definition of CHILL. (Which is why I go to PS) Doesn't hurt at all that my two favorite restaurants are on the same property- Cheeky's (Breakfast and Lunch) and Birba (cocktails and dinner). Now when I come to town I take a cab from the airport to the hotel and back, otherwise I'm way too happy to even bother leaving the premisses!
THAT is MY definition of RELAXING!!!!!!

1  Thank Eiming
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Just returned from my third stay at Alcazar (the first was 6 years ago when it was called Pepper Tree Inn, under previous ownership; second was last year when the new owners were mid-renovation; and third was this past weekend). I have to say, this place is charming and has really come into its new identity beautifully!

GROUNDS
The landscaping is gorgeous around the pool and throughout the hotel grounds. (Last year when I visited, they were in the process of planting -- now everything is established, filled in, and in full bloom...it is lush and beautiful!) There are hot pink bougainvillea vines clinging to the bright white exterior walls of the reception / entrance area. You can smell the jasmine bushes when the breeze kicks up. I enjoyed lounging by the pool and watching the wall of water...it was so peaceful and relaxing. At night the trees are lit up and there's a fire pit that completes the scene.

ROOM
The room I had (22) was spacious and tastefully decorated with minimalist, modern furniture and fixtures. Everything is light, bright, and airy. I love the art on the walls -- different in each guest room, very bold and original. Not your average hotel art! The king bed was super comfy, and the bathroom was huge and spotlessly clean. Nice towels and plenty of hot water for the shower. There was a Jacuzzi tub in my room but I didn't get a chance to use it because I was too busy lounging and swimming. (Rough life!)

CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT AND STAFF INTERACTIONS
I arrived a few hours before check-in time, and the young woman at the front desk offered to stow my luggage in their back office and gave me a key to the restroom by the pool so I could change into my swimsuit and lounge by the pool until my room was ready. All my encounters with staff, from the desk staff to the cleaning crew to the resident manager, were pleasant. I was also pleased to find they added a small "business center" where guests can go online and check in for flights and print boarding passes -- it is a nice touch.

ON-SITE RESTAURANTS
On most vacations I like to try a new restaurant for each meal, but this place has 2 restaurants next door (Cheeky's for breakfast / lunch and Birba for dinner / cocktails) that made me hardly want to leave the block! This was my laziest vacation ever in terms of venturing out, but I didn't even care because I ate so well! My favorites at Cheeky's were the Huevos Rancheros and the Buttermilk & Corn Pancakes with blueberries. Also, the agua fresca rocks. At Birba, I loved the Hello Nancy (to drink) and the meatballs. And the mushroom pizza. And... I can't remember due to multiple rounds of Hello Nancy... :-)

OVERALL
An enthusiastic thumbs-up from me. Alcazar is laid-back and relaxing, and just the kind of un-fussy / un-pretentious place I like to stay on vacation. I'll be back!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank tosatravelbug