“I am sitting in my nice litle suite with my 2 dogs on a cozy bed”

7 Springs Inn & Suites
Ranked #14 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
So Cal
“I am sitting in my nice litle suite with my 2 dogs on a cozy bed”
Reviewed May 30, 2007

I have been staying here a week with my 2 dogs and have been pleasantly suprised at how nice it is considering the price. I can't remember the last time I stayed at ANY hotel for $50 a night let alone consider one. You get alot for what you pay for here.

From the front it doesn't look like much and in the heat it is a bit far to walk to the main downtown but not to far in the morning or evening. I was VERY suprised at how cute it is upon entering the lobby. They have taken an old typical Palm Springs style motel and done a very good job of updating it in a modern retro style.

The gardens are lovely and quaint. The facility is all locked and all doors open into the secured garden pool areas of which there are 2. A smallish sun pool with spa in one courtyard and one very large jacuzzi pool area with seats all around, unbrella in the middle. BBQ
areas and people sitting outside their rooms visiting. dogs are welcome. french patio doors open.

I have a room with a full kitchen, stove, full refriderator, dishwasher, etc. Wonderful bed with crisp white linens and duvet. Bathrooms are small but clean with granite.

When we first arrived it was Sunday on Memorial Day weekend and there were families and parties everywhere....It was pretty wild and the management had to throw a few parties out. I complained and they apologized and compensated me. The minute the weekend was over it became very quiet with just a few nice guests. I am hear for a week bymyself as a female on business and have appreciated the staff and felt very safe.

All in all I feel I got more than a bang for my buck and will return in a few weeks. I will recomend it to friends. I think it is a great place for families, anyone on a budget or just want a nice place. If you want a 5 star resort those are around but expect to pay 5 star prices!

• Liked — The rooms and the price, friendly place to stay
  • Disliked — Because the builing itself is old there are some noises due to old pipes and thin walls
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank realent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
San Diego
Reviewed April 22, 2007

I just got back from a stay at the7 Springs Inn yesterday. I was not impressed with the location, even though the receptionist told me it was a block from the Downtown Palm Springs. Although she was right in saying the Inn was located a block away, she left out that once you go up that block you then have to walk about a mile down the road until you get to any kind of activity. The hotel itself is more like an apartment complex and unfortunatley he had our room right next to a heavy gate that slammed shut and rattled our wall every time someone went in or out. Upon check out, the receptionist asked how are stay was, so I mentioned the gate thing and that maybe they should put a sign up. She didn't acknowledge my comment and just asked if I was going to pay with the same credit card I held the room with?? Overall, I would not stay here again, unless I wanted to bring my dog's with me since it is pet friendly.

• Liked — the bed
  • Disliked — too small
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SDCindy
Los Angeles
Reviewed April 12, 2007

After returning from this hotel, I wanted to balance some of the glowing reviews posted here. Please be aware:

- Pool area is very small - a few kids and the experience is ruined for anyone trying to relax

- Hotel doesn't have enough parking for all guests - parking across a busy road in an unsecured dirt lot

- Staff is OK - except for a couple of particularly gruff front desk folks

- If you don't need it, insist on a room w/o a connecting door - I felt like I was having a converstaion with the couple in the room next door

- Bathrooms are not in good shape - could barely open the glass and water poured onto the floor from a standard positon.

I would not pay more than $75 a night for this place - lots more choices in PS. DO NOT go to this hotel if you are a couple or single looking for a nice place to relax. Only for families.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank LAtraveler07
San Diego,CA
Reviewed April 4, 2007

I was VERY surprised at how inexpensive this hotel was and the cleanliness was great! Being a couple of college students, we didn't have much money to bargain with! The service was more than any 5 star hotel can provide; very friendly staff! We arrived a few hours before our check in time and we were worried if we had requested to stay in our room before then, we would be charged for an extra day, but we were let into our room, no problem! My boyfriend and I were surprised how WHITE the sheets were, how comfortable the beds were, and we even had a balcony; great view of everything. The landscaping is very clean as well! The pictures do not do the hotel justice. Overall, very great experience! Will DEFINITELY stay again!

• Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
chicago, IL
Reviewed March 17, 2007

I booked through the Palm Spring Chamber of Commerce or other Palm Springs marketing site and got a great deal.

Plusses: room was nicely redecorated, the bed was the most comfortable of any place I've stayed, the pool and grounds were very nice, the staff was very helpful most of the time, the manager went out of his way to fix the non-working wireless network, and the cleanliness was excellent. It was also within walking distance of the downtown shopping and eating area.

Minuses: the wireless didn't always work (though they did fix it each time, they seem to have an ongoing problem), the cold water was non-exisitent (the maintenance man came over immediately and explained that they pipes were on the roof - he also said it was on the list to re-insulate them), and the staff wasn't sure how to fix the wireless internet, needing to wait for the manager to come back to do it.

I would definitely stay here again, especially if I got a similar deal.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
San Jose, CA
Reviewed January 24, 2007

Being a dog owner with a large dog I had to find dog friendly accommodations. The price was excellent, the service great and the room was big enough for me, my sister and two dogs. The only thing that Tanner (my dog) did not like was the spiral stairs to our room.

The beds are very comfortable and we had a little kitchenette so I could cook a snack in the microwave. The pool is not glamorous but cute. I am coming back here even if I don't have Tanner.

• Liked — Great value and very cute hotel
  • Disliked — spiral staircase to our room
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank mamadawg
Pau, France
Reviewed January 8, 2007

My husband and I and our 3 month old stayed at the 7 Springs for 2 nights in January. I booked it based on the favorable reviews on Tripadvisor.

We booked our room over the phone, specifying that we wanted a room with a door between the bedroom and another room where we could put the baby. First person we talked to (to check the rates) said to ask for a deluxe queen suite when booking to have a separate bedroom from living area (128/night). The second person said there was a king suite with a separate full bedroom to the side (98/night), which we booked. However, upon checking in at 4pm, that room had already been given to someone else. They "upgraded" us to a room which appeared to be simply a king bed with living area combined and a small kitchen off to the side (with an incredible view of the mountains however). They apologized and charged us 90/night but I am not sure if this was to make up for the mistake or that it was really a downgrade rather than an upgrade.

All complaints aside, our room was very comfortable. The bed, kitchen and shower were great. It was nice to have a DVD player since we did not want to go out much with the baby. We rented movies at a nearby Hollywood video store. The spa and pool were great for a small hotel. The service - David was super. The others, nothing to write about.

Other drawbacks - no hair dryer in bathrooms, old windows (probably from original apartments) in bathroom, stained chairs in kitchen (had to stand on one just to reach the DVD player). Overall, we would stay here again for the price.

• Liked — quiet (small)
  • Disliked — room not what promised; continental breakfast disgusting (danish,muffin, coffee, juice)
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family