7 Springs Inn & Suites
Ace Hotel and Swim Club(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$244
  • Pool
Hilton Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$163
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Las Brisas Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$220
$200
The Saguaro Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$199
Caliente Tropics Resort(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$206
Oasis Villa Resort(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$135
The Palm Springs Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$279
Triada Palm Springs, Autograph Collection(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Restaurant
Desert Isle of Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$354
Hotwire.com
The Willows(Palm Springs)
$385
$347
All reviewsfull kitchenlarge jacuzzifront desk staffhot tubking suiteclose to downtownpalm canyon drivethe main stripboutique hotelsmall hotelnice poolmid century7springsgroundsmicrowavetownhousecouch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 28, 2006

This was a pleasant surprise. I booked online and got a very reasonable rate so my expectations were not very high. From the outside, you would probably drive right past this place--it does not look like a hotel. I had a great room with a nice little balcony and a view of the mountains. It's not a fancy place, but if you're looking for a nice, clean, and very comfortable room, this is the place. It's off the main strip, but within walking distance of all the shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank CASolstice
Reviewed November 19, 2006

I stayed at this hotel for Father's Day in 2005. We located it online for a last minute visit and went the same day that we made the reservation.

From the inside of the lobby area, the hotel was intriguing in its retro 1950's/1960's look. It was a lot of fun. The main doors to our room were sliding glass opening onto a grassway that led to the pool. The pool is basic, but was all we needed for my wife, three-year-old daughter and me.

The outside is unimpressive, but this boutique hotel had the most comfortable beds I can remember sleeping in, with thick down comforters. The bathroom was small and unventilated (I don't think it had a tub, but only a shower), but the room seemed so luxurious for a remodeled 50-year-old hotel, that I didn't care much. The rooms were very clean and pre-cooled - important with the outside temperature exceeding 100 degrees Fahrenheit at the time we arrived.

The front desk staff was the biggest downside. I heard them arguing with a guest, they couldn't find anything they needed, check-in took over 30 minutes even though we were only the second in line, and they were adament about wanting a deposit for pool towels from other guests who entered while we were waiting, which seemed odd. They seemed confused and complained a lot about what they were doing in front of us and other guests.

Once we were checked in and ready to enjoy our stay, however, it was a great time.

The hotel is only a short distance (about a mile) from the beginning of the shopping and dining region, but this was a perfect distance to be convenient, yet quiet.

I highly recommend it for anyone who wants a good comfortable room at a reasonable rate and has thick enough skin to ignore the front desk staff.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled with family
1  Thank NationwideSurveys
Reviewed August 16, 2006

I was in Palm Springs for a week (with a 2-day quick trip back home in between). I booked my stay online through a Palm Springs website. I couldn't believe the rooms available for the prices! I was not going to be spending a lot of time in the room during my stay, but wanted as much luxury as my buget could allow. The staff was very friendly upon check in, and my first 2 nights I had a King room with a kitchen a few rooms down from the lobby on the street side. I was a little disappointed with the air conditioner (wall unit), but they clearly show them in the photos and I was prepared. The room was very nice, with a very comfortable bed, ample closet space, tiny but functional kitchen with a full refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster, etc. The bathroom was very pretty, but with only a glass shelf above the pedestal sink, but there was a granite shelf and mirror just outside the bathroom. One note--there were no full-length mirrors in this room. Although I had to keep the air conditioner on all the time, I slept like a baby! The street noise did not really bother me.

No, there is no full breakfast. It really is Otis Spunkmeyer muffins, juice and coffee. But for the price of the rooms, you really can't expect a big breakfast spread! I went to the grocery store and had everything I needed and wanted in my own room. All very convenient!

Upon my return a few days later, I was placed in the room right next to the lobby; handicapped accessible (while not my favorite, it's not bad). I had a very late check-in (after midnight), and the front desk was open until 2am. This room was much larger than my previous room, with a closet with mirrored doors, but the shower left a lot to be desired (handicapped accessible, so the shower head was really low), and there was absolutely no counter space or shelf by the vanity. I got a little creative with the valise stand and my suitcase, so it worked out just fine. One BIG bonus with this room was the wi-fi! Being right next to the lobby, I could log on to the wi-fi from my room. Made the shower not so important.

The BIG drawback was the bugs. I call them monster cockroaches, they call them Date Palm Beetles. Regardless, I had one dead one by my toilet and one very much alive one in my closet (which a very nice man killed for me and flushed down the toilet). My final night there was a dying one by my fridge, and the morning of check out, there was a live one on the wall. They NEVER flew on me or even touched me, but...ugh. I would strongly suggest more frequent visits from the exterminator! Note--no bugs at all in the first room, and only bugs on my first and final night of my second stay. They were not a constant presence.

The other major advantage of my second room (aside from the price!) was the central air. Kept everything very comfortable! Again, I was on the street side, but that did not bother me.

I truly enjoyed my stay and would highly recommend this hotel, not only for the value, but for the true boutique feel. I prefer to cook my own meals, and the kitchens really made that easy for me. Parking can be a challenge, but the one night I didn't have a place, the girls at the front desk moved their cars so I could park right on the hotel property.

The final kicker for me was the personal service AFTER I checked out. I left something of value in my room and the General Manger, Gonzolo Rodriguez, went WELL above and beyond to get it returned to me. That kind of personal service is what we all should expect, but, sadly, know that it's rare. Mr. Rodriguez took customer service to a whole new level with me that day.

• Stayed: August 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank pupdog
A TripAdvisor Member
Anaheim, CA
Reviewed July 6, 2006

We travel to Palm Springs each 4th of July and try to stay at your hotel each time. This year was exceptional. We checked into your sister resort, Caliente Tropics for our first night, and due to early check out there we called to see if we could get an early check in with you. Elizabeth, at your front desk, was polite and agreed to put a "rush" on our room to be cleaned so we could do just that. We arrived at noon and waited only 15 mins for our room! Thanks Elizabeth!!! We awoke on our third day there to our car window being blown out! Best advise for all, CRACK YOUR WINDOWS when your car is parked for a period of time. Yep, about a million little pieces!! With the help once again of Elizabeth, and James (maintenance) we were able to fix our window and enjoy our stay with little stress. Your rooms are great, your pool needs to be a little cleaner, however, with it open the hours that it is we understand!!! We were really pleased, once again, with our stay. We do want to add that not just Elizabeth, but all of your staff was very accomidating!! Great place and we will hope to get a reservation there again, 4th of July, 2007!!

Thank you again!!
Steve and Lynn(Tracy)

• Stayed: July 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 4, 2006

My Stay at this hotel was horrible. First of all the photos on the internet are false advertisement. I booked a room with a jacuzzi tub which was shown to be in the room. It was actually in the bathroom. When I checked in my reservations were incorrect and I was placed in a room that was cheaper than the room I originally booked. HOWEVER, THEY DID NOT OFFER A PAYMENT ADJUSTMENT. Although therooms were nice, they were very small. THE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST WAS POOR, and THE TINY POOL WAS DISGUSTING. StaffFwere not very responsive to request, and often questioned why we needed things like towels. ONE NIGHT THE STAFF CLOSED THE OFFICE DOWN IN ORDER TO GO PARTY WITH GUEST. In the end I was overcharged by $200 and I had hell getting it credited back to my credit card. They tried to charge me $50 for a smallL coffee spill caused by their inadequate coffee maker, and also expected guest tp clean up rooms upon departure. Although I read other reviews about this hotel from past visitors I attempted to judge them for myself. Well what a lesson learned, and I would not stay at the 7 Springs if they gave me a free week. How could a hotel with such cute little rooms be so awful? VISIT AT YOUR OWN RISK

• Stayed: June 2006