“A quick getaway”

Ranked #14 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Los Angeles, California
“A quick getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

For the price this hotel is a excellent value. No Resort fee!!!! The location is perfect, walking distance to everything. The hotel staff was very nice and attentive. The room was decent for the price, nothing extravagant. If I had to compare it to a big chain I would say it's comparable to Best Western. If you need a cheap getaway this is definitely the place for you.

1 Thank RogerH_81

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

On a recent trip to Palm Springs we reserved a room at the 7 Springs Hotel, and found ourselves very pleasantly surprised with the stay. First of all, the night clerk who helped us check in, Oscar, was extremely professional and courteous, even while dealing with other couples and what seemed a constant ringing phone.
The hotel had also upgraded us to a suite, which was a grand surprise. Our suite was beautifully furnished and was spotlessly clean. Very spacious with tile floors and a well-equipped kitchen. Excellent, comfortable bed, and the water for the shower was hot instantly - no time wasted waiting for it to get hot! Only complaint about the bathroom was no exhaust fan. To vent the room you had to open a small window above the shower/tub. My wife and I were okay with it, but it could have been a problem for people less than average height.
Very well-kept grounds and central courtyard, along with a nice swimming pool.
Only two things keep me from giving a 5-star review. First, the parking is abysmal. Less than 20 parking spaces on the entire property, and if you're not lucky enough to get one of those spaces you have to park across the street and use extreme caution to avoid parking in a tow-away lot or zone. Second, the hotel is close to a major hospital. We heard a number of sirens before we went to bed, and were awakened at one point by an emergency helicopter coming in for a landing at the hospital.
Great staff, wonderful clean rooms and grounds, but the parking and noise from the hospital keep it from being a perfect place. Still, for the price, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
yucaipa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

I brought my wife to the 7 springs hotel for a anniversary surprise and when we arrived I was more surprised then she was the staff decorated the room exactly how I planned to do it with a bottle if champagne a dozen roses happy anniversary balloons with a candle lite theme and the Jacuzzi in the room it was perfect and the location was great it was close to all the restaurants and the tramway and the casinos I had a great time the service was also great they kept the room clean while I made it a mess can't wait till Valentines day

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Stevenandsusy
Carlsbad, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

I really want to give them more stars and really hope they succeed, but the hotel does need some work. They have made some renovations since the last time we were here (a year ago), but some of the work seems low budget and there were some issues during our stay. However, I do want to say the staff is wonderful and they absolutely deserve 5 stars, particularly Oscar as he took excellent care of us.

We stayed here with some family for a few days, reserving three rooms. The rooms were recently renovated but I think I liked them better last year! The rooms are very dark and the lighting is very dim, it made cooking and cleaning in the kitchen a challenge (in all three rooms!).

Also, in our room we had a bit of a flood in our room after showering with water pooling under the carpet in our room and soaking the floor. They did send a guy over to shop vac the excess water but the carpet outside the bathroom was squishy and soggy our whole stay. The tiles used on the kitchen and bathroom floors are also not meant for such use - they're wall tiles - and they were incredibly slick, especially when wet (we also had a small leak in the kitchenette).

Other little things included the door handle not working well, no blackout curtains over the door blinds so the outside lights made it hard to fall asleep, and there were no night stands by our bed. The WiFi didn't work well in any of the rooms, either, and the bigger of the hot tubs was out of service.

Despite the issues, it was still a great stay. They're trying hard, just not quite there yet. The staff is amazing and make you feel at home, for that reason, we'd stay again. It's in a good location, within walking distance of the shops and restaurants, and the rates are great in comparison to other hotels in the area. I just hope they start working with a different contractor on their renovations!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

TRAVELLING from Las Vegas to AREA 51 THEN UTAH,NEVADA, ARIZONA, CALIFORNIA and ending on a high back in Las Vegas after 3 weeks was a fantastic road trip with some great and not so great hotels on route. This one In Palm Springs was a high light due to the location and the facilities, including the pool area, staff and cleanliness. This was on the route back to Vegas and 2 nights relaxation was ideal.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Tonight, at around 11 PM, I called down and asked if they had bottled water. Luz, the manager, told me they didn't but asked me to please hold on. She then told me she had two extra bottles of her own, and then she sent me a bottle of Dasani and Fiji Spring water to my room. When I went down to the office to try and pay her for them, since she had bought them with her own money for her personal use, she refused with a kind smile, and told me she was glad she could help me out! She saved me a late night trip to get bottled water! That is customer service above and beyond the norm!

Me and my partner have stayed here several times, and I am honestly amazed how such a nice hotel can offer such low rates for their rooms! The staff is always nice to us, and the rooms are always excellent. They just remodeled the rooms not too long ago, and they are amazing! We have found no other hotel in the area with rooms this nice, and with the price being so reasonable!

I highly recommend this place! And Luz is amazing! If you ever come to Palm Springs, you will not be disappointed staying here!

1 Thank Tana H
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We selected 7 Springs because the location is within walking distance of downtown Palm Springs and also because it was a great value. Upon arrival we were pleasantly surprised at how very nice it was. The King Suite was newly redone in a retro style that was fun and attractive. We especially loved the courtyard where we enjoyed our own private Happy Hour each afternoon. The rooms were very quiet even tough they backed up to a busy street. The only place I heard traffic noise was in the bathroom. The staff was ever so pleasant. If there was anything to complain about it was the parking which was tight.

3 Thank jjpjlp