“Comfortable and convenient”

Ranked #14 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Chicago, Illinois
“Comfortable and convenient”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is not a large establishment, but we found it was perfect for our visit to the area. The location is convenient to Palm Canyon Drive, with both shopping and a variety of nice dining establishments within easy walking distance. Our suite was very comfortable, with two sleeping areas and a kitchenette. The courtyard is well landscaped with attractive facades to the rooms, and seems like a small oasis, cozy and relaxing. We didn't use the two smallish pools, but they were clean and welcoming. Parking is tight, although we always found a space. The desk staff was engaging and courteous. The facility was quiet. I'd certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: We were in a second floor suite (it may be the only one) with a two room sleeping area, sitting area...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
U.S.A
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Was greeted and attended to by Jenifer who was fantastic throughout the entire stay. Accommodated my room request and made numerous recommendations for places in the area. I stayed in a renovated room which was fantastic. Very clean and modern. I was very pleasently surprised. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank 52_Weeks_A_Year
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Pros:
comfortable beds
has everything you need
reasonably priced
free WiFi

Cons:
terrible housekeeping
saw a cockroach
mildew-y smell
tiny bathrooms

I had high expectations given all of the great reviews of this hotel. We stayed in a townhouse with our 2 kids, ages 7/8. Their queen beds were comfortable and it was the perfect set up for our family. Our king bed was not as comfortable.

I felt the housekeeping was sub par. There were crumbs on the coffee table in the room upstairs, there was debris behind the desk and there were items on the floor in the kitchen. I also saw a cockroach in the kitchen, which completely grossed me out for the entire stay. During our stay, I don't think our room was cleaned well. I touched one of the counters and it was totally sticky from where my daughter had been eating ice cream -- clearly, it hadn't been wiped.

The employees at the front desk were pretty bad. We asked one gentleman for a reasonably priced restaurant that would be kid friendly and he recommended Trio. Huh?

We didn't experience any of the problems with the parking or air conditioning as other reviewers have described -- I think the hotel was less busy during that time period.

Overall, it was ok, at best and we wouldn't return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Who knew that behind a low brick wall there was such a lovely small boutique hotel. What a delight. Beautiful grounds and 2 pool areas, completely remodeled rooms, very much in the mid-century style of Palm Springs. The room had one of the most comfortable beds I have ever been in. It made you want to lounge for the day. I will most certainly stay here again when my travels take me to Palm Springs in the future. The staff were all extremely helpful. Having the pools open until midnight is a plus. The only negative was the lack of parking. Once you found a spot you were hesitant to leave it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
liashke
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We did an overnight trip to Palm Springs and stayed here on a Thursday night. Our room had a promotion on it and was $122 for a king bed with full kitchen. We stayed in room 133, which is on the ground floor opening directly onto the large spa and on the side of the hotel that is next to the street. I'm happy to report that I heard no road noise in the room. The bed was comfortable and had four feather pillows (though since I'm not so much a feather pillow person, I would have liked one sturdier), the kitchen was lovely and well-supplied, the bathroom was very clean and pretty though a little odd with the door opening directly in front of the refrigerator. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.

A few random comments that are good, not so good, and just FYI type things. None of them spoiled our enjoyment of the stay:
- parking is a premium and can sometimes be difficult, so park and then don't move your car. Fortunately, the hotel is in decent walking distance to Villagefest and the main thoroughfare. John's diner was very close and we greatly enjoyed our dinner there.
- our room offered a townhouse option for connecting to the room upstairs, which I thought was interesting/nice. Instead of side-by-side rooms, the connecting door opened to the stairway leading to the upper room.
- the temperatures of the spas and the pool were good. The pool temperature was particularly nice. We had it to ourselves at 9-10pm on a Thursday and it was really nice. They are open until midnight. We did see some people using it later. There are handicap chairs for both pool and the spa next to it.
- if you want to watch television, you need to open some cabinet doors. I didn't like this, because the doors extended into the room's walkway and you were almost sure to bang into them if you were trying to move around while the television was on. I think it would be better to remove them, though I suppose the decor wouldn't look quite as pretty.
- some people brought their chairs outside the room and used the paved walkway as a patio. Not a big deal in general, but could make it difficult to walk on the walkway (or roll a suitcase) sometimes.
- the french door curtains were kind of annoying. Pretty, and easy to close while you're in the room. But if you are leaving your room and don't want anything inside to be visible to someone walking by, you have to really fiddle to get them to fully close while you shut the door and hope you don't catch the fabric in it. I'm paranoid about things like that and would have preferred a solid door or a sliding glass door... the curtains wouldn't be so fiddly if it was a sliding patio door.
- the hotel is laid out so all the rooms are accessible from a courtyard and then you go through a card-key door to get in there from the parking areas. Nice concept, but we found that people routinely left those doors open. Not so secure then. Might be better to install some springs in those doors so they shut themselves.
- check in and out went easily and the receptionist was friendly. Gave us a good map of Palm Springs, too, and circled areas of interest based on what we said we were interested in.

Room Tip: There was very little difference in price between a room with/without a full kitchen, which can prov...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank liashke
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Seven Springs is a clean, small hotel with a great location. The grounds are very well kept and the rooms are good sized and very clean.
The maids, maintenance and groundskeepers were some of the BEST I have every seen. They worked very hard all the time. I watched them clean doors, door handles and scrub the patio furniture everyday. The care they take really makes the property what it is. The flowers were super lovely. Oscar at the front desk was very helpful and always works with a smile.
This is an older property that has had a nice makeover. The location is right downtown, just a 5 minute walk to all the action. The three pools are clean and warm. The pool area itself is small but we always managed to find space to sit and swim.
We had one of the largest rooms on the property. It had a full kitchen, bedroom and bath. I recommend the second floor for quiet. The beds were comfy and the kitchen was super handy to have.
The main issue I had was the smoking. We had a lovely balcony but could not sit on it when we wanted to because of the smoking. The outside area is small so when one person smokes anywhere near you have to close up your patio or your room fills with smoke. That is a deal breaker for me. The street noise is annoying but you get use to it. We did have issue with our morning showers not having hot water. The hot water was fine the rest of the day. Our room did smell musty when we arrived but the fresh air took care of that. The reservation system was not good, I suggest calling the hotel directly. They are super friendly.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a bigger room, second floor is quieter
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank binks22
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We decided to go to Palm Springs very last minute for Spring Break/Easter weekend. As we were not familar with Palm Springs I did some extensive googling, but since it was last minute not many time shares/condos were available. I stumbled upon 7 Springs and I am glad I did. There were 6 of us traveling and the hotel said they could accomodate us all in one room. We actually wanted that since it was a family reunion. The room we were supposed to have would have accomodated us just fine. However when we got to check in, that room was not available, so they gave us two rooms. The one room was really nice and had a balcony and got lots of sunlight. The other room was a nice size as well, just had a darker feel to it since it did not get much sunlight. We were happy they accomodated us and gave us two rooms since our original room was not available (and we thought they were completely sold out so we were worried we would have to find another hotel). We had no problems with parking which we almost expected after reading reviews. The pool was never too busy and it was actually a nice,quiet and pleasant weekend. We even had the hot tub to ourselves one of the nights. The only slight annoyance was they were doing a repair on our stairs that led up to our room (and those were the only stairs). We were unaware this was going to be happening and took longer than expected but the maintenance was patient with us as they had to move every time we came up/down the stairs. Overall a great stay in a very convenient area. Would definately visit again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family