“Good Location, Great Value”

7 Springs Inn & Suites
Ranked #17 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed June 30, 2012

7 Springs Inn is a real find for the money. Much better than one would expect at the low end of Palm Springs hotel prices. The property is a very well done renovation of an older hotel. Interior design is a bit trendy, much less boring than chain locations. The bed comfort is good and linens of high quality. We stayed twice within two weeks: once in a standard unit and next in a suite. The suite with full kitchen and living room was well worth the small extra cost. Public areas are nothing special, but perfectly adequate. The location is convenient to the major downtown area. If I were rating on price value, I would give it five stars.

Room Tip: If the upgrade cost is low, go for the suite. Ask to be on the quiet side.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 29, 2012

A Perfect hotel for families with kids. The staff were very friendly and service minded. Clean rooms with big comfortable beds and nice garden with a pool and two jacuzzies.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 29, 2012

You can't walk to everything (well, you can, but others are better for that) but you can find some very good deals mid-week, and it's a nice boutique property that has always worked well for me.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I was a little leery of staying here because it was so small and inexpensive, but I went with the other reviews and I was not disappointed! First of all the staff was so welcoming and friendly upon my arrival. I stayed here for 2 nights with my 13 yr.old for a mother/daughter getaway and it was nice. It would be wonderful for couples as well. The room was clean and modern. The grounds were pleasant. There were 2 pools. One seemed to be frequented by younger kids and the other by adults and older kids. I had a problem one night where the tv/vcr and overhead light went out, but I called the front desk and the lady apologized and had the maintenance fix a breaker that tripped in less than 20 mins. She then called me back to confirm it was working properly and couldn't have been more professional and friendly. My only complaint would be that even though there was free wi-fi, it took so long to load pages that I didn't use my computer at all. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We booked 7 Springs after the usual searching through reviews and it seemed like a reasonable place to spend our first night in USA after flying in to Los Angeles. The price was really good and Luz on the front desk was really nice and helpful on the phone. I wasn't sure what we'd get at that rate and you never know what to expect until you get there?

Well, I was so impressed with the 7 Springs hotel - it was really attractive, well maintained and the welcome on arrival (I think by Jennifer) was comforting as this was after 12 hours by plane and over 2 hours by car!

Unfortunately for us, we were only staying overnight. We did manage to find the Matchbox restaurant and I'd recommend that for great food and service. Next time, we'll be fitting in a longer stay in Palm Springs and I won't need to think about our first choice hotel.

Many thanks.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I booked a room here mid-week on hotels.com for a great price. We were just doing a quick one night getaway from San Diego to get away from the gloom. Usually when I go to Palm Springs it's with girlfriends and we stay at places like the Riviera that have a big pool/bar scene. However the price was right with this place and we were looking to save money. It was well worth it. Our room was a good size and the remodel they did of the hotel came out well. There was a good sized fridge in our room and a microwave and coffee pot. The pool areas are small but there weren't a lot of people out in the 108 degree heat so we had no issues with finding a chair.

The best thing about the hotel was the location. We were able to walk to dinner and bars. Some reviews listed the parking as an issue but we found a spot no problem, however we were there mid-week.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2012

As a fan of Elvis movies and Mid-Century Modern, I enjoyed this remodeled motel turned small boutique-y Inn in north Palm Springs. Liked the courtyard. Glass walled lobby is very 1964. (That's good!) Careful, nice landscaping. Our family of 4 stayed in one room and it wasn't too bad/crowded. I like the doors and curtains. I liked the pop art decor. The beds were clean and comfy. Satellite TV--flat screen--lots of channels. The refrigerator was a decent size and there was a microwave. There was a large (purple) closet. There was a DVD player. There are 2 pools--one of them used to be a big hot tub. I liked having an actual old-fashioned window in the bathroom. You are very close to the action on Palm Canyon Drive, the Riviera Resort and Elvis' "Honeymoon Hideaway". That Vista Las Palmas neighborhood is fun to cruise around in (politely of course) Quiet, well behaved guests.
Some little issues though: Parking is tiny/minimal/awkward and outside the building. (All rooms face the courtyard) No breakfast, but you don't pay for one either. There is a nearby Denny's which was better than we expected. The bathroom was shower-only and a bit slippery with no safety handles to be found anywhere. Also, the bathroom really needed another towel bar--we had to start using doors and closet hooks. Lighting could have been pumped up a bit (over the table for example) and there is a general lack of surface space. The management is somewhat stingy with the pool towels, so don't lose them--you must turn them in. The Wi-Fi was very weak and sketchy and kept spinning on internet searches or dropping altogether. This irritated my husband and kids. I wanted to be outside mostly so it didn't bother me too much.
Overall, great value, friendly attentive staff and fun decor. We would go back probably.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family