“It's the 50's all over again baby”

Palm Springs Rendezvous
Ranked #8 of 74 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Stayed here for my 50th birthday, a milestone. Rooms were attractive and comfortable. We stayed in the Silver Screen room, others include the Elvis room, the Marilyn Monroe, John Wayne, etc. Service was great. Included martinis by the fire pit at night. Fruit, fruit smoothies (good) and a small breakfast (blueberry french toast was excellent). Our room looked up to the snow capped San Jacinto Mtn. (where the tram goes). Always parked right in front. Jake and Betty are realy cool and helpful. We even got to meet Jake's dad. Nice guy. Everything was 50's for the weekend. Started off by going to the Palm Springs Air Museum (excellent). That night we went to Ruby's Diner (very fifties). I purchased some cool Daddy O's shirts and even a couple of fedora's for the weekend to get into the spirit. Next night we went to the Casino in downtown Palm Springs. It was very nice and we even came home with a nice little jackpot of $170. Day three we wnt to Palm Springs Visitor Center then to the Tram. Both were very good. Dinner that night was at Babe's BBQ. It also was very good, but a little pricey, not too bad. Next day we got a map of star's homes :we saw Frank Sinatra's first house, Elvis's home and where he spent his honeymoon, Kirk Douglas, Kurt Russel and Goldie Hawn's, Liberace's guest house with a piano mailbox, Sammy Davis and so on. The Rendevouz is very close to all these attractions. The outside may not look so tempting, but once through the doors it is like going back to the fifties, I guess, I was born in 1960.

Reviewed February 10, 2010

Loved the B&B. Great 50's architecture. Remodeled with contemporary flair and theme rooms. Everything was well-maintained. Excellent breakfast, great taste and presentation always starting with fruit smoothy and fruit. Excellent martinis and appetizers in the evening. Staff was very, very helpful. Bent over backwards to assist you with any plans. Loaned chargers we forgot, gave us directions, times and discount tickets. Great recommendations on places to see.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Rendevous the first week of Jan.
Upon arrival my husband gave me "that look" like this is not what I thought you told me it would be. He is use to the chain/resorts. I had read about the Rendezvous on Trip Advisor and decided to break out of our mold. By the evening we both knew we had made the right choice as this little gem of a B&B was just a delight to stay at. The staff was like coming home to family, only better because you could feel and see they really enjoyed having you as their guests and nothing was too much trouble. Also, they were knowledgeable about the area and even could supply tickets to different attractions in the area for a discounted price. Everything from maps, great places to eat, etc. Barb the manager told us about a great little deli called Shermans on a side street that we would never have known about had she not clued us in. It made my husbands day. The pastrami sandwich was as good as any we have ever had in NYC! The weather was in the 70's and the we enjoyed the hot tub. The pool seemed a bit cold for us this time of year. Although, it is heated and we saw other guests enjoying it.We stayed in the Silver Screen room. The bed very comfy. The room spotless. The lay -out interesting. You had to love it. You could see the owners put their love into decorating evey room. We got to tour the room Marilyn Monroe use to stay in.
This B&B is like going back in time. Playing 50's music and decor. This place has a geat deal of history behind it. Each room has a small fridge. They comp you soda, and bottled water and beside your bed each day you will find fresh made brownies or other yummie treats. In the evening a fire is started in the a small fire pit and everyone sits around in director shairs drinking complimentary Blue Martini's and snacks that have been made. It was fun and we looked forward to joining other guests around the fire. The breakfast each morning was good. Fruit smoothies, fresh fruit and different receipes that Barb had created. All very interesting. You can even buy her cookbook! So, if your looking for a place you can feel is like going back in history when life and things were simple but really good and fun this is the place for you!

Reviewed February 3, 2010

My wife and I arrived 1/17/10 and for the next 4 days Palm Springs experienced 4 major rain storms. Something that happens about once every 5 years.

Despite that we consider it one of the best vacation experiences we have ever had. We stayed in the Silver Screen room which was excellent. We were fortunate to be able to view a number of the other rooms and would have been happy to stay in any one of them.

We are not B&B/Inn purists who frown on rooms with TVs. Our room had a good size modern TV, a Jacuzzi, a microwave, a refrigerator (we also do not frown on a cool glass of Chardonnay at the end of a hard day shopping).

The accommodations were all excellent, but the real deal are the people. Jake and Gabrielle are the most friendly, honest, and sincere people you would ever want to meet.

I saved the best for last. The breakfasts are outstanding, with a different one each day.
They are a great combination of healthy and good.

And lest I forget the free cocktail hour with a choice of wine, beer, or the incredible blue martini, and a specially prepared individual appetizer .

I think you get the gist of why we had such a great time during the great Palm Springs flood of 2010.

Ray & Lucille Carroll

Reviewed January 31, 2010

A great stay. Good friends, good food, good times. From Jake's breakfast creations to our evening Rend-tini by the pool, the Rendezvous has left us with great memories. Betty and Gabriel's home made treats brought to our room daily were an added and much appreciated bonus. We will make this spot a regular break from our Canadian winter from now on. Marilyn Monroe's room, PRETTY IN PINK, was a thrill.
Retro Rules!!

Barry and Wendy
Ships Pt. Vancouver Island B.C. Canada

Reviewed January 28, 2010

I'm writing this on the final night of a four night stay. I decided on a very last minute trip to palm springs to relax and decided to look for a place that had the combination of a unique space, good location and value. (I travel quite a bit and I find hotels to be a bit impersonal after a while) As you can see from the stars I'm a very big fan of the Palm Springs Rendezvous. Why? Well, I don't want to repeat what others have said, but here are some of the big reasons.

-Value. The rates are very reasonable. Price aside, you also receive at no additional charge a HUGE breakfast, free parking, access to bikes to use around town, free beverages restocked nightly in your room (soda, iced-tea, bottled water) and fresh baked goods. I'm not a drinker, but they also have mixed drinks available at a nightly happy hour.

-Location. It's not smack in the middle of downtown,but I prefer that. I was able to easily walk everywhere.

-The space. Great pool and jacuzzi. Big Rooms. Big beds. All themed rooms which are nice, but never obnoxious.

-The hosts Jake and Betty are darned nice.

-The final big one for me is that they maintain that really tough balance between very available for anything you might need without being intrusive at all.

A give this my highest recommendation and warmly recommend that you stay there you happen to be going to Palm Springs.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank RussInPortland
Reviewed January 21, 2010

1st time in Palm Springs, but not the last! Visiting our sun in LA, having his car and a few days on the road, we decided to see Palm Springs and stay at the Rendezvous.
We run our own travel business in the UK and can only add:
If ever we we can send a client to The Rendezvous - we will! Thank you for an amazing room - The Route 66, the Blue Cocktails with wonderful snacks, the ambiance, the breakfasts - the weather - all! Thanks for getting tickets for us to see the Follies and helping us find the best food.
We wish we had a place like the Rendezvous and its people here in the UK!!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple