“Perfect little B&B style place, great service, quiet”

Palm Springs Rendezvous
Ranked #7 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Loved this place. Found it by chance on Tripadvisor, and based on the great reviews we decided to try it. Very glad we did.

There are only about 7 rooms, all different and all very retro and funky. We had the honeymoon suite, which is great - separate sitting area, bath and toilet are separated, and the theme is Marilyn Monroe and Clark Gable.

The management is truly dedicated to having you enjoy your stay, with lots of ideas of places to visit off the beaten path...or you can just lounge by the pool. They have a nice retro soundtrack playing with 50's and 60's standards, there is a happy hour at 5 PM when they provide a cocktail and snack, and they do a great gourmet (but very healthy) breakfast at 8:30 and 10 AM.

You can't compete with the services a huge hotel offers, but for a quiet getaway you can't go wrong. You can chat with the other guests if you like, or just spend the time with your travelling companion. would definitely consider staying here on the next visit.

Location is a few blocks North of downtown, >5 minutes by car, about 5-10 minutes on the bicycles they keep there which are free to use. You could walk, but it would take probably 20 minutes and if it's very hot, might not be a comfortable walk. Easy to find, and easy to get to.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David_Kirkland
There are newer reviews for Palm Springs Rendezvous

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Went there with my fiance for a quick romantic getaway. Stayed in the Route 66 room and loved the individual sinks and combination tub/shower.
The breakfasts and appetizers at happy hour were exceptional and only added to the already great value - not to mention the complimentary cocktails!
Like many of the other visitors, our goal is to come back and experience some of the other rooms as well. Our sole regret was that we only stayed for one night.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

This was such a great blast into the past! The adorable 50s features are amazing. It's such a great retro bed and breakfast! I went for a mother daughter weekend trip and we loved it. The staff is AMAZING. JM and Christy are so great. They were both so helpful and you could just tell they loved their jobs! They loved chatting with the guests and did everything they could to ensure a comfortable stay. The breakfast was amazing and the free happy hour drinks and apps were such an awesome touch before heading downtown for dinner! I loved that this place had great customer service and is keeping the 50s Retro Vibes alive! OH. and the beds are SO COMFORTABLE. My mom and I bought a pair of sheets to take home with us!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the James Dean room which was great! We watched East of Eden while we fell asleep...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Molly G
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I wanted to have my colleagues from Japan experience a unique stay in the US and searched for a B&B in Palm Springs as when I was living in the US, my husband and I would always choose to stay at B&B's instead of traditional hotels. The Palm Springs Rendezvous B&B delivered! They completely surpassed my expectations, and my colleagues and I were utterly impressed by the rooms, the amazing breakfasts and customer service. It was much more than customer service, it was like the staff were family. The beds were so comfortable - more so than my bed at home! For example, due to my severe jet lag (or perhaps very comfortable beds!!) I missed breakfast and the manager, John-Michael, packed a breakfast for me to-go! I was so impressed! The staff were so generous with their help with sightseeing and restaurant recommendations and making sure we had a taxi when we needed one. The whirlpool tubs in each room were very relaxing and their was always someone enjoying the onsite pool and hot tub. We thoroughly enjoyed the Palm Springs Rendezvous' nightly happy hour cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. I highly recommend this B&B for a relaxing and fun getaway or as a delightful alternative to the standard hotel during your next business trip.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Route 66 and Pretty in Pink rooms during my stay. Pretty in Pink was very bright wi...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here this last weekend and it was wonderful. We basically had the pool and hot tub to ourselves and they were very clean I must add. The fire pit was a good place to sit and dry off.

The decor was a blast from the past. Very charming and fun. The place was clean and well maintained.

John Michael and his staff were awesome. As soon as we arrived, John Michael sat down with us to let us know where everything is around the grounds and even recommended restaurants and just provided overall great conversation. We wanted to know about their beach cruisers and he helped us get those for our little bike ride through Palm Springs.

Breakfast was awesome. It is complementary and that is always great. We met a couple in the lounge/50's diner area and we mingled with another couple there. This is what makes this place great. It is small an intimate enough to get to know your neighbors if you choose to.

Sheets are fantastic from Comfy Co. We plan on ordering some as soon we order the new mattress. The sleep quality was great, especially after watching Rebel Without A Cause.

I just wished I had listened to John Michael's recommendations on restaurants :) FYI stay away from Three Sixty North. You live and you learn.

In conclusion, we had an awesome time and will be returning with friends. If you are looking for a romantic getaway to Palm Springs or to just relax, this is the place for you.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

An amazing trip with my and my gf to palm springs was made even better by the wonderful experience we had at Palm Springs Rendezvous. John Michael and his staff were helpful and present for all of our needs. The rooms were wonderfully and originally decorated which added a fun flavor to our trip. The only thing I would point out is there is music playing during the day so reading by the pool can be a bit difficult. The other thing to be aware of is that the office closes at 6 PM so make sure you get all your questions answered before then. Other than those two points. We would strong recommend this to anyone looking for a fun and unique getaway.

P.S. Make sure to try the food at breakfast and happy hour. It's delicious!

Room Tip: The TV room is fun. Make sure to get one with a whirlpool tub.
1  Thank Daniel M
Reviewed January 17, 2014

After reading many reviews on several Palm Springs hotels, we decided to try Rendezvous. At first glance the hotel is charming and quaint, but upon spending a few hours at the property it is SO MUCH MORE!

Palm Springs Rendezvous has vintage-hip themed rooms, excellent customer service, free happy hour and an AMAZING three course breakfast that is also included in the room rate. I've stayed at many different types of hotels all over the world, from large to small, and this small hotel ranks at the very top!

1  Thank Heather F