“Rockin' good times at the Rendezvous!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Palm Springs Rendezvous

Palm Springs Rendezvous
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
California
“Rockin' good times at the Rendezvous!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

We recently stayed at this quaint B&B for a best friends 25th anniversary. We had the whole place to ourselves so this review is based on that. Yes, there are only 10 rooms so it was easy to fill it up with friends for a special occasion. It was amazing!
The rooms all have themes, ours was Route 66 with a bunch of car pics throughout the room. I did get a peek at most of the other rooms and all are very nice. Some just a little bigger or layout is a little different. Route 66 is right next to the entrance and the bar so hopefully it's not too noisy for early sleepers. We were up late so we didn't mind.
The pool is just the right size for the hotel, all of our party was in it at some point and it didn't feel too crowded. The Bed was super cozy with fantastic sheets by the "Cozy Company" I believe that is the name, I had to look at the sheets to find out who made them. We didn't want to get out of bed!
I would have to say the food is what really stuck in my memory, delicious fresh and healthy breakfast every morning and the most fabulous treats are left for you every night next to your bed. Of course I can't forget the staff! If I remember correctly, it was Betty and John Michael who were both sweet and very helpful. I felt like I was staying at a good friends house.
We wanted to borrow the bikes to ride but we never got a chance to. Guess we'll have to come back again soon!
I would seriously consider doing a private party here myself. It's just perfect!
Thanks Rendezvous :)

Room Tip: Our room was Route 66 so close to the entrance and the bar is right in front of room. The good thin...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

We had such a blast at the Palm Springs Rendezvous. The staff was delightful and the food was great. We loved sitting by the pool in the late afternoons gabbing with the other guests. And, the sheets are as good as everyone says they are.

We stayed in the Marilyn Monroe room and my only tiny complaints about the place are as follows. I didn't like having the crawl over the big hot tub to get into the shower in my room. Not all rooms are like this. And, I felt like the room could use a little refreshing. It is clear that the trim and other parts have been repainted many times. It is starting to show. I also wished that the chair covers were washed and replaced daily, but it didn't look like that was happening. I know that the hotel is giving the guests a period experience, but I wonder when the 50s stuff will get old. Will there be a time when young people won't appreciate it? I have to admit, I got tired of the music. But, these are really, really minor complaints. You should stay there if you get a chance.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank revephemeral
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We chose Rendezvous based on all the great reviews and we were not disappointed. Everything was outstanding, from check in to check out. The staff is super friendly, our room (Stage Coach) was more than we expected and all of the add ons made our 25th Anniversary even more spectacular! We recommend Rendezvous without hesitation!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank JVSnyder
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

It was my second time at Rendevous, previously stayed in Oct 2011. Loved it and Palm Springs i just had to add it to my trip. This time we stayed in the Shake Rattle & Roll room, most of the other rooms were taken so the decision was made for me. It was close to the road, i did think it might have some road noise but i never really noticed it. Its is a lovely big room with Elvis everywhere plus a separate shower/spa room, quite spacoius with a fire place to keep it cosy. Rendezvou feels like your staying at a friends place for the weekend, every one chats and you meet such wonderful people who have come to relax or escape the cold. The staff are outstanding, its everything the other reviews say. For me the thing i love is its nice and small and the pool and spa is only a few steps away from your room. The cocktails are always a highlight of the day, everyone gets together and its lovely to chat to the staff. It really feels like home. I will be back for sure, next October here i come.!!! Did i mention the beds..........so comfortable. I could go on forever.

Room Tip: 3 days is perfect for a great relaxing break.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon_B09
Arnhem, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I visited Rendezvous again last month after already a very pleasant stay in September last year. This time I stayed in the Honeymoon Suite which was very nicely decorated and also had the amazing soft bed sheets as last time. The 3 course breakfast, home made cookies and happy hour cocktail with snacks were a real delicious treat.

Everyone working at Rendezvous do everything they can to give you a great time. They can give you some good advise on where to go for restaurants, attractions etc. This time I also met the owner Barb who was very friendly just as JM, Chris and Betty and all other employees.

I liked it again so much that I decided to pay them a second visit during my round trip through Southern and Central California. The second time I stayed in the Stagecoach room which is very nice as well. Actually you get a great view of the San Jacinto mountains. Also it is at the back of the property so you are a light sleeper this would be a good room for you. The same goes for the Silver Screen in which I stayed in September.

I hope to come back again soon to this wonderful place and relax in the sun, read a book and have a swim. It really is a great place to unwind.

Room Tip: Silver Screen and Stage Coach are in the back of the property. Which means less or no road noise for...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank GerhardvN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Fab place! Great room with loads of free extras..included breakfast was to die for..very retro in the spirit of p springs. Location was an easy walk to downtown or hop on one of their free bikes and tool around the fab neighborhood right across the street to see homes of the stars and other p springs style residences.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank MRSHINE
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

This was such a fantastic place to stay. We stayed in two rooms here, the Honeymoon Hideaway and the Hawaiian Surf. Both were excellent. Clean, comfortable, and full of fantastic little touches. The decor in the rooms and common space is great-it's themed and retro without being over the top and tacky.

It is quiet and totally relaxing, and the staff are incredibly sweet and helpful.

The food is also fantastic! You get an amazing and very filling three course breakfast, as well as appetizers and cocktails, plus freshly-baked goods in your room.

If you are looking for a get away, I can't think of a better place.

Room Tip: Pick a room with a tub for two! They are really relaxing and bigger.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple