“Unique and relaxing retreat in Palm Springs”

Palm Springs Rendezvous
Ranked #7 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Arnhem, The Netherlands
“Unique and relaxing retreat in Palm Springs”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

On my road trip through California I visited this beautiful hotel 2 times. JM and his team are really great hosts. They give you a warm welcome right from the start and do everything they can to make you feel at home. Of course it is an older property but the themed decor really has its charm. The beds and bed linnen are top notch. I wish I had such a good mattress and soft bed linnen at home. I stayed in the Silver Screen room the first time which was great but the Route 66 room the second time was even better as it had more space. Breakfast was energizing and a delicious way to start the day.

I like to thank especially Betty who took care of my leather jacket which I left hanging in the cupboard during my first visit. She promptly responded to my email saying that they immediately checked and found the jacket. It was a very good excuse for me to come back again for an extra night on my way back to Vegas which I did not mind at all.

Rendezvous is a special quiet little place to retreat. Just sit back, relax, read a book at the pool while sunbathing and swimming or grab a dinner or lunch at some great restaurants like Trio or Jake's withing walking distance.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but the King Premium ones are really big.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank GerhardvN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Lovely B & B / Motel. We arrived from Australia via LAX at 10:30am and I thought I'd try my luck and see if I could check in early, (check in time 3pm) and they said come back within the hour and we'll have the room ready for you and it was! Chris was lovely, she showed us around, pool / spa area was so relaxing and as there are only 10 rooms, never crowded. We had Route 66 room, it was large, comfortable bed, everything was exactly as described on their website. Breakfast and cocktail hour was great, met lots of other travellers, all so friendly. Would highly recommend staying here, we even walked into town and back for dinner so position great!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank zillabong
Long Beach, California
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I planned a trip Labor Day week to celebrate my birthday. Based upon others' reviews, I decided to stay at the Rendezvous for a few days. It was all I expected and more. The accommodations were very comfortable, the facilities well maintained and the staff very friendly/helpful. I will definitely plan on staying at the Rendezvous again & will recommend it to friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Bill B
Rochester, New York
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My wife and I spent an absolutely delightful afternoon and evening at the Rendezvous. Atmosphere, friendliness, stunning rooms, a fabulous breakfast, and a view of the mountains from the pool that's simply heaven. We'll be back for a much longer stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WNewyorker
Springdale, Utah
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My cousin & I stayed here for 2 nights 8/8/12 and it was delightful! This was my second stay at Rendezvous and even better than I had remembered. It was just as hot as we expected and we spent the first afternoon floating in the pool relaxing. JM was so friendly and helpful during our stay- recommended some great restaurants and made us a wonderful breakfast!
I hope to return many more times! I think this would be a great place for a girls retreat or a couples getaway!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank alisonkimarie
Highland, California
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This was the first time that we ever visited a B & B, and wow - we picked the best place for our first time! Like other reviews say - don't let the front fool you, this place was GREAT. The minute you walk in you feel welcome by the staff and surroundings. With only 10 rooms and 2 guests max, this is the prefect spot for relaxing - no crowds or noise . . . just relaxation! Fresh baked brownies were delivered to our room at 3:00, Happy hour by the pool from 5-6 featured watermelon margaritas and the best tequila lime chicken wings we ever had! Breakfast was amazing - started with juice and coffee, followed by a fresh smoothie, then a yogurt and fruit parfait, and the the entree - an egg casserole and baked strawberry bread thaw was awesome! Betty and staff were terrific too! We will definitely return again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OV
Orange, California
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Second time there, stayed in the Crooners room which was excellent. Comfy bed, giant jacuzzi tub. This place is great. Great breakfast as well. Only thing was our refrigerator wasnt working, but that was quickly remedied when Betty got us a cooler to store our drink in....problem solved instantly. Very very relaxing. We will be back again, hopefully sooner than later.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple