La Maison Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Palm Tee Hotel(Palm Springs)
Colt's Lodge(Palm Springs)
Sparrows Lodge(Palm Springs)
  • Pool
  • Pool
Villa Royale Inn(Palm Springs)
View Hotel
Twin Palms Resort(Palm Springs)
View Hotel
All reviewslavender sconeswine and beerowners richard and corneliaespresso machinesmall hotelcontinental breakfastother guestsyogurtwonderful hostslovely courtyardboutique hotelhappy houreach morninghot tuboutdoor fireplacebbq areaan oasis in the desert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 1, 2014

My husband and I, along with another couple stayed here for 3 nights. What an utter delight! From the moment we entered the beautiful courtyard, we felt welcome. The owners, Richard and Cornelia, did everything to make our stay comfortable, fun and relaxing....arranging a golf outing, recommending great restaurants nearby and surprising us with an amazing BBQ dinner. There was also plenty of complimentary wine, beer, soda, water and popcorn provided all day, as well as breakfast with Cornelia's homemade lavender scones! Yummy! While there's no restaurant or fitness center, it mattered little. Lots of tables in the courtyard, where there was a pool and jacuzzi where you get some exercise, and allowed guests to meet, mingle and talk in the morning and well into the evening. This more of a B&B than a hotel. By the time we departed we felt like we were leaving home and sad to be saying goodbye to the new friends we had met. We will definitely return when we're back in the area. Put this place on the top of your bucket list! Don't miss this very special little bit of paradise.

1  Thank Lois R
Reviewed January 31, 2014

La Maison is truly exquisite and amazing! Our extended family of six - my husband and I, our two well-behaved teenagers, and my in-laws - visited Palm Springs between Christmas and New Year. Rooms 2, 7, and 8 were beautifully decorated and very, very clean. The beds were extremely comfortable, and the linens were of high quality. There were even chocolates in the rooms, and a lavender sachet which was heavenly! The property is very well maintained, and exudes a serenity that cannot be found in a cookie-cutter chain hotel, or very large property. Richard and Cornelia are warm, gracious, and oh so accommodating. Both of them helped us plan our daily activities and recommended some wonderful restaurants. Murphy the dog was a hit with our entire family; he is mild mannered and friendly. Do take Richard up on his amazing cappucinos - he is definitely a baristo extraordinaire! And Cornelia's legendary lavender scones are to die for! We indulged in warm, freshly baked, chocolate chip cookies in the early afternoon and wine, beer and popcorn galore in the late afternoon, while enjoying the very comfortable courtyard. My husband and son enjoyed the heated pool. I had the opportunity to stay at the very pricey but not so friendly La Quinta Resort a few years back.. My experience at La Maison was far superior, and I will definitely return. If you want to relax in beautiful surroundings, and feel as if you are at home, La Maison is the place for you!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I can easily see this Mediterranean-style boutique hotel offering the best experience of any small hotel in the entire United States! The moment you walk in, you can leave work and those meeting agendas behind, because this calming and serene atmosphere forces you to relax. The La Maison hotel offered me a romantic and peaceful weekend getaway from Los Angeles this weekend, and I would definitely return three or four times more a year simply to re-live the experience. The hosts, Richard and Cornelia, are so attentive, caring, and definitely put their guests first during the entire stay, and I would even venture to say, “It’s the host, the ambiance, and everything this hotel encompasses that makes this stay worthwhile”. I was greeted each morning for breakfast with a homemade lavender scone and cappuccino and even decided to enjoy a book by the poolside for the first time in a long time. La Maison took me to paradise, right in the heart of Palm Springs.

2  Thank alexisglobal
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I don't want to bore too many people with details I've already covered, so please see my other two reviews of this hotel and you'll understand.

There is a reason La Maison won Tripadvisor's #1 ranking of small hotels in the USA, actually there are two reasons; Richard and Cornelia!

As stated, my other reviews sum it all up, but I just wanted to add ..... walking through the gate-door into the hotel is like coming home. There is a calm, warm feeling of satisfaction and relaxation that overwhelms you. Clean, comfortable, accommodating, friendly, funny ....it all adds up to just such a great experience.

They have just finished up the barbeque area with a nice granite top and stools out by Room #1 (highly recommended). Just shoot on over to Ralph's across the street, grab a couple of strip steaks and some salad fixings, and you're good to go ...dinner cooked yourself right on the grounds!

As my wife and I reluctantly drove away yesterday, a movie quote ran through my mind as I readied myself for what awaited us at home ( 2 degrees w/ -22 windchill); the quote is from one of my favorite movies "Field of Dreams" and it not only suits my feelings of this hotel, but it suits my feelings of the owners Richard and Cornelia also ......

"Once a place touches you like this, the wind nevers blows so cold again."

Of course, we can't wait until next time ...........

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad room in this quaint little 13 room hotel ...but we love room's 1-2 and 3 ....
1  Thank daytripperJ
Reviewed January 25, 2014

One of the best stays in Palm Springs!

My husband wanted to whisk me away to Palm Springs for an early birthday celebration and he chose well! I highly recommend La Maison for a couples getaway. Richard and Cornelia are so welcoming that you feel you are staying with friends. We hit major rush hour traffic for MLK weekend and they were understanding of our later check in. From Richard's lattes and Cornelia's lavender scones in the morning, to the happy hour in the evening, we felt taken care of at each turn. The L'Occitane products in the bath are a very classy touch, too!

We loved the relaxation that is felt throughout and I also enjoyed the warm throws near the pool to snuggle up with on a chilly early morning or after dinner.

Yes, it's a little bit off of the main area but if you are planning a couples weekend, why would you want all of that? ;)

Room Tip: We chose room #4, which only has one guest room on the right side and is quaint room with a queen-sized bed.
1  Thank SofonisbaSD