“Paradise Regained”

La Maison Hotel
Ranked #3 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
“Paradise Regained”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

La Maison is truly exquisite and amazing! Our extended family of six - my husband and I, our two well-behaved teenagers, and my in-laws - visited Palm Springs between Christmas and New Year. Rooms 2, 7, and 8 were beautifully decorated and very, very clean. The beds were extremely comfortable, and the linens were of high quality. There were even chocolates in the rooms, and a lavender sachet which was heavenly! The property is very well maintained, and exudes a serenity that cannot be found in a cookie-cutter chain hotel, or very large property. Richard and Cornelia are warm, gracious, and oh so accommodating. Both of them helped us plan our daily activities and recommended some wonderful restaurants. Murphy the dog was a hit with our entire family; he is mild mannered and friendly. Do take Richard up on his amazing cappucinos - he is definitely a baristo extraordinaire! And Cornelia's legendary lavender scones are to die for! We indulged in warm, freshly baked, chocolate chip cookies in the early afternoon and wine, beer and popcorn galore in the late afternoon, while enjoying the very comfortable courtyard. My husband and son enjoyed the heated pool. I had the opportunity to stay at the very pricey but not so friendly La Quinta Resort a few years back.. My experience at La Maison was far superior, and I will definitely return. If you want to relax in beautiful surroundings, and feel as if you are at home, La Maison is the place for you!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I can easily see this Mediterranean-style boutique hotel offering the best experience of any small hotel in the entire United States! The moment you walk in, you can leave work and those meeting agendas behind, because this calming and serene atmosphere forces you to relax. The La Maison hotel offered me a romantic and peaceful weekend getaway from Los Angeles this weekend, and I would definitely return three or four times more a year simply to re-live the experience. The hosts, Richard and Cornelia, are so attentive, caring, and definitely put their guests first during the entire stay, and I would even venture to say, “It’s the host, the ambiance, and everything this hotel encompasses that makes this stay worthwhile”. I was greeted each morning for breakfast with a homemade lavender scone and cappuccino and even decided to enjoy a book by the poolside for the first time in a long time. La Maison took me to paradise, right in the heart of Palm Springs.

2 Thank alexisglobal
Northville, MI
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I don't want to bore too many people with details I've already covered, so please see my other two reviews of this hotel and you'll understand.

There is a reason La Maison won Tripadvisor's #1 ranking of small hotels in the USA, actually there are two reasons; Richard and Cornelia!

As stated, my other reviews sum it all up, but I just wanted to add ..... walking through the gate-door into the hotel is like coming home. There is a calm, warm feeling of satisfaction and relaxation that overwhelms you. Clean, comfortable, accommodating, friendly, funny ....it all adds up to just such a great experience.

They have just finished up the barbeque area with a nice granite top and stools out by Room #1 (highly recommended). Just shoot on over to Ralph's across the street, grab a couple of strip steaks and some salad fixings, and you're good to go ...dinner cooked yourself right on the grounds!

As my wife and I reluctantly drove away yesterday, a movie quote ran through my mind as I readied myself for what awaited us at home ( 2 degrees w/ -22 windchill); the quote is from one of my favorite movies "Field of Dreams" and it not only suits my feelings of this hotel, but it suits my feelings of the owners Richard and Cornelia also ......

"Once a place touches you like this, the wind nevers blows so cold again."

Of course, we can't wait until next time ...........

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad room in this quaint little 13 room hotel ...but we love room'...
1 Thank daytripperJ
San Diego
Reviewed January 25, 2014

One of the best stays in Palm Springs!

My husband wanted to whisk me away to Palm Springs for an early birthday celebration and he chose well! I highly recommend La Maison for a couples getaway. Richard and Cornelia are so welcoming that you feel you are staying with friends. We hit major rush hour traffic for MLK weekend and they were understanding of our later check in. From Richard's lattes and Cornelia's lavender scones in the morning, to the happy hour in the evening, we felt taken care of at each turn. The L'Occitane products in the bath are a very classy touch, too!

We loved the relaxation that is felt throughout and I also enjoyed the warm throws near the pool to snuggle up with on a chilly early morning or after dinner.

Yes, it's a little bit off of the main area but if you are planning a couples weekend, why would you want all of that? ;)

Room Tip: We chose room #4, which only has one guest room on the right side and is quaint room with a queen-si...
1 Thank SofonisbaSD
Baltimore
Reviewed January 23, 2014

many options staying in Palm Springs, but the owners of this property make staying here so perfect, there's no reason to consider elsewhere. Small property with nice pool and comfortable room. Special touches sharing food and beverage treats a nice thing. Greeted on entry like we were old friends, yet the simplicity of privacy as desired still there.

Room Tip: We were in room 8, but all the rooms seemed location perfect.
1 Thank GaryShoots
Boulder, CO
Reviewed January 18, 2014

La Maison’s owners, Cornelia and Richard, are special people. They pay attention to all the details that make a place special—first and foremost providing unfailing attention to their guests. Richard prepared coffee for my early bird husband an hour or more before other guests were even awake

Half a block from a food store and three decent restaurants, La Maison is less than a 10 minute drive from the airport or downtown Palm Springs. We used La Maison bikes to go downtown along a traffic free route Richard suggested . Parking is free, so is wi-fi and we liked the bowl of mini-chocolates in our room. A woman traveling solo would feel safe here, with a locked entry door, onsite owners and a room lock. The owners know each guest by name and no one can just wander in.

From outside the high fence with its locked wooden door, you enter a courtyard with flower beds, a small hot tub, and a good size pool surrounded by inviting deck chairs with generous towels and pool side tables. With our double french door open to the patio it was like an extended living space. I used the table right outside our room for my netbook surfing.

To the left of the entry is the guest refreshment area, with ice maker, microwave, hot water and teas; this is where the continental breakfast is ready in the a.m. and beer and wine in the p.m. I affirm others’ positive reviews about Cornelia’s scones, the decent wines, and Richard’s lattes.

Two long time housekeepers are proactive in meeting housekeeping needs and keep the property clean and attractive. The pool area is well arranged, and immediately inviting. Also inviting is Murphy, the property dog. Calm and quiet, he is a friend to all, though if you choose not to engage him, he will not bother you.

With all the wonderful things about La Maison, why have I given a 4 star overall rating? The rooms. Built in the 1950’s, the rooms are small, our room lacking even a small table. The refrigerator was in the closet, and my husband hit his head on the top rail of the sliding doors on the tub. At 6’4” he had to duck to get his head under the shower head. If a big Marriott type room with lots of in- room amenities is important to you, La Maison may not be your choice.

That said, we are never in our room much beyond sleeping, and the room’s drawbacks were insignificant compared to the value we received at this hidden gem. La Maison is a great find and we are happy to recommend it to our friends who like boutique unique.

4 Thank MaryRP
San Bruno, California
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Charming with quality personalized services by its 2 owners. Bed and breakfast-like facility, very convenient for all activities. An oasis in Palm Springs. Coffee and pastry in a sunny environment....a home setting in the desert. Joe A

2 Thank AbramsAssociates