“A Very Nice Experience”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sunrise
Transit: Sunset/E. Palm Canyon
Description: Tinto (red wine in Spanish) is a wine bar and restaurant from Iron Chef Jose Garces inspired by the culinary-renowned Basque region of Northern Spain and Southern France. At Tinto, Garces presents his modern approach to traditional pintxos (Peen-chos), or Basque tapas, and a deep selection of area's premier wines and native cocktails.
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I are foodies, and we have eaten at three other Iron Chefs' restaurants. We were totally excited to eat at this one. We didn't hesitate a minute to order the tasting menu with the wine pairings. Our waiter was excellent, and he was totally into it. The pace and timing of the meal were perfect. The first course included Spanish charcuterie that was fantastic. As the dinner rolled out, we had a mussel "stew," diver scallop, shrimp, papperdelle with artichoke, lamb brochette (the best dish, in my opinion), New York strip steak, and bunuelos for dessert (unbelieveable texture). The wines were delicious. All in all, it was a truly wonderful experience, and we had a great time. If you are asking if this was in my top 10 restaurants, I would have to say no, as the depth of flavor and complexity of the food was not there. But it was a very good meal at a very reasonable price.

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful food, romantic setting, superb service and waiters!! What more could you want from a restaurant.

3  Thank Jusdg
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Of th 10 or so visits I have had to th USA, this was my all time favourite food experience. I am not a foodie and dont go,to high end places, but this place was perfect. The decor is laid back and very tasteful. The Blaco Sangrias were the perfect start and then we picked a few tapas dishes to,share. Two salad and 3 meat and we only had enough room to share a dessert. You definately can't come here and not have the Bunuelos...one of the best desserts I have ever had. Half of that for each of us and we were full. So with 2 Sangrias each, just the right amount of tapas and a dessert it cost us around $50 each...a great price for a brilliant meal.

2  Thank Neale W
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was invited to have a brunch at this restaurant and all I can say is I really enjoyed it. Cindy the server very pretty and kind with a very good knowledge of customer service. Matt the manager always smiling and doing follow up on every table.
The food is made with all natural and organic ingredients and the dishes are very delicious.
I will come back again.

1  Thank Mario L
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is truly a dining experience, but it doesn't have to be expensive. My sweetie and ordered 4 tapas and 2 deserts, and even with two glasses of decent wine, our bill was $109. We started with the Mixto Cheese plate, very interesting flavor contrasts and plenty in the serving. Next was Serrano ham wrapped figs, FANTASTIC! We then shared a Baby Arugula salad, never had persimmon in a salad and it was a great addition to the spiced almonds, Serrano ham and fried goat cheese. Again, very different and very good. Our favorite of the meal was the Duck Matadito, excellent if you're a duck fan. We finished with the "Chocolate", a fantastic chocolate mousse on a chocolate cake topped with passion fruit sorbet (LOVED IT!) and the Bunuelos, mentioned in many of these reviews and a huge serving. This may not sound like a lot of food, but the servings were larger than the usual tapas and we were pleasantly full. Please don't be put off by the remarks about expense. We saw the full tasting meal ($70 per person) at a nearby table and it was a ton of food! Pick through the menu and you can get a truly memorable meal at a very reasonable price. We were there during Cochella weekend and, despite the crowds, our service was terrific. I can't think of one negative in the entire experience.