“FAB❗”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sunrise
Transit: Sunset/E. Palm Canyon
Description: Tinto (red wine in Spanish) is a wine bar and restaurant from Iron Chef Jose Garces inspired by the culinary-renowned Basque region of Northern Spain and Southern France. At Tinto, Garces presents his modern approach to traditional pintxos (Peen-chos), or Basque tapas, and a deep selection of area's premier wines and native cocktails.
Reviewed February 10, 2013

What a great brunch/lunch! Knowing it was a JG restaurant it would be great.
From the service to food it was outstanding. The cafe is from ROJO's in Lambertville, NJ. Every dish was creative and the mix of flavors was spectacular. Sat outside where there were heat lamps. Can't wait to go back❗

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had a party of 7 go to Tinto on New Year's Eve. We were originally seated at a crappy table but I think they felt sorry for us and moved us to a great table. It was a tapas place, we had lots of small courses. We had one vegetarian with us, and another who can't eat a lot of different things, so we were a hard group to please. The server really worked with us to try and make everyone happy. The only thing we didn't love was the fact that since they brought us so many different courses, there wasn't enough of each course for everyone to have a taste. So there were a couple of courses that I never got to taste. But overall, an interesting concept and the food was good. By the end of the night, I think we were all full and happy.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Delicious Torrijas with fresh fruit, crispy bacon, plump, solid, crispy in the outside sausage, great pancakes! Definitely a five star room service breakfast!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Awesome! My husband and I were visiting the Palm Springs area and my husband made reservations here for my birthday dinner. We each had the chef's tasting menu with wine pairings and it was outstanding. The charcuterie plate alone was worth the price of admission. There were 8 courses in all if I remember correctly and they were all very good. The pasta course was a little disappointing and the flourless chocolate cake a bit pedestrian but the other courses made up for those minor missteps. Be careful of the wine pairings, they are wonderfully done, but the pours are substantial and by the end of the meal I had had a bit more to drink than I would have liked (guess I should have paced myself but hey, it was my birthday after all!)

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We ate at this restaurant (highly recommended by foodie friend) last week and were completely blown away! The setting, the ambience, the service, AND the food of the Basque region, wow! Impressive, well planned tapas-style menu (guests can order a number of small dishes and share with each other) at wide price range (from $6 to $38), creative use of traditional ingredients, with exquisite details in food presentation, Tinto is a stand-out from the myriad of other hip, trendy eateries in Palm Springs. Fabulous outdoor seating with fireplace in middle of the table!
We tried a total of 11 different dishes. Some dishes are stunningly orgasmic, others slightly less memorable! Our favorites: Chicken Brocheta with tender pieces of chicken and red grapes on wooden skewers, served in tall cocktail glasses filled with garbanzo puree and truffle sauce; Duck Montadito with duck confit wrapped in Serrano ham, served on top of crusty bread slices with whole black cherry and La Peral (a famous northern Spain cheese) spread; Pulpo with grilled Spanish octopus in spicy red harissa, served with grilled lemon and roasted potato. But the one dish that won our BEST vote was the astonishingly rich and delicious Sopa de Castana or Truffle Chestnut Soup with duck and mushroom, topped with quail egg and pistachio. Great wine selections! The witty, attentive, knowledgeable waiter gave us excellent wine pairing suggestions.