“Great for Tennis Players” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Springs Tennis Club

Palm Springs Tennis Club
Ranked #37 of 70 Hotels in Palm Springs
Toronto, Canada
“Great for Tennis Players”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed at this "resort' the first week of February, 2013. The weather was perfect which was important to the success of our holiday. The room was a one bedroom cottage which was "updated'. i cannot stress too much that this is not a luxury accomodation. It was clean and practical and provided us with all that we needed but if you are looking for all the bells and whistles of a fancy resort, this is not your destination. i quickly enrolled with the pro shop to play tennis and the staff, which were very nice and accomodating had me booked each and every day with players of my level. I enjoyed it immensely and made several new friends by playing so often. The Hotel is situated right in the middle of Palm Springs, so you can walk to the main street and enjoy all that Palm Springs has to offer. The restaurant at the hotel, named "Spencers" is excellent, and likely as good as any in the area. we did enjoy several other restaurants in the Palm Springs area and found the dining to be very good. You can also hike right from the hotel since there are a couple of trails near by. The pool areas/hot tubs and satisfactory and the exercise room is minimal. All in all a very decent place to stay, made better if you intend to play tennis while away.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has been updated.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank allanwexler27

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is hotel is truly wonderful, especially now that they remolded and upgraded all the furniture's. I truly recommend staying in this hotel. They rent out free bicycle. Game room with free popcorn. Several pools and Jacuzzi's. Great restaurant (Spencer's). I especially love the villas they have. Theirs many tennis court, of course why else would they called it The Tennis Club. LOL Great place to stay with kids too.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank hiketilludrop
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful resort we had an older room that was not remodeled but it was spotlessly clean super comfy bed! We stayed in the main building in a one room suite that had a full kitchen dining area love seat chair and bed. The room had everything required as well as the kitchen was fully stocked. House keeper changed the towels every day and the sheets once a week the building had a wonderful hot tub in an outdoor patio area that was great to use in the evenings. There was a fabulous adult pool as well. Never busy and shade or sun areas. There were also many decks and BBQ in the common areas as well as a wonderful second floor lobby with sofa's chairs and also a big TV, we used this area often and it was always empty. There are free movies to check out at the front desk we enjoyed them in the common area. The hotel also had a great activity room with a big TV pool table coffee and free laundry, it was never busy and there was a light continental breakfast on Saturday for a minimal charge of 3 items for a dollar. Fresh popcorn every day at 4 what a treat. The hotel is with in walking area of down town. Lots of great areas for easy hiking, lots to do in the area. The hotel plans to have all of the main building rooms renovated by the end of 2013. Staff are wonderful and you always feel welcomed. We stayed on our RCI so the rate was around 50.00 per night a real bargin! I would recommend the hotel and the main building was virtually adult orientated and very quiet. The staff and management should be very proud of a wonderful property! Can't wait to go back and hope to have one of the beautiful renovated suites next year!

Stayed January 2013
2 Thank evesh01
San Diego CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The PS Tennis Club is iconic. We are original owners of a high season timeshare unit here, and we have stayed here not less than 75 times. The resort does rent rooms on an "as available" basis to non-timeshare owners. There are units in a "hotel" style building, bungalows and full condo units. There are several pools, jacuzzis, a workout room and, of course, 11 tennis courts. The staff is highly trained and attentive. They just completed a refurbishment of the south half of the hotel building from top to bottom. These units have two rooms like Embassy Suites, along with 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen and a balcony. The place is not new, but you can eat off of the floors. A great place to stay.

Room Tip: There really isn't a bad room in the place except nex to the elevator. Some rooms face the mou...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nadojeff
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a 1st floor renovated 1 bedroom/2 baths unit. Even though it was a little bit dark during the daytime (the room is right against the mountain), they did a very good job modernizing the place. Flat screen tvs in the living room and master bedroom, very comfortable king bed in master and queen sleeper sofa in the living area. We didn't cook a lot, but all the appliances and utensils you can imagine in the kitchen were there. Bath towels were changed everyday and bedding was changed once during the week. There are free of charge washers and dryers. There was a Jacuzzi, a barbecue and a ping pong table near our unit. We didn't use the pools, but they were in top shape. The adult pool near Spencer's area is very nice, with cabanas. The family one near the condos was busy but not overcrowded. Many tennis players though. The courts looked extremely well maintained. The resort is in a walkable distance from the main street in Palm Springs. Bicycles are also available free of charge. Breakfast at Cheeky's and The Village Fest on Thursday night are a must as well as the Desert Adventures San Andreas Fault tour. I recommend this resort if you want to stay in the heart of Palm Springs and would love to go back sometimes.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank soiskecalifornia
los angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My family and I stayed for the Thanksgiving weekend this year in this timeshare resort where we exchanged our week with GeoHoliday. I have prepared myself for this trip by reading reviews on this resort as well as other fun stuff to do while in this city. I understood that you can be taking a "trip back in time" when you book in this resort if you get the older units - which I was hoping I wouldn't, since the website of the resort was advertising their re-modelling upgrade that was on-going. Suffice it to say, that this review is about the "time back in time", which was not actually so bad. We were reserved a deluxe 1-bedroom with a fully stocked kitchen, 2 bathrooms and separate living room with a sofa bed on the first floor facing the back of the resort. Carpet show wear and tear and actually look wavy here and there due to age. We had a view (upfront) of the foot of the rocky hill where the whole resort was nestled - you can say that the rocks (which you can almost touch- was all that you can see- a bummer. I asked the front desk lady to see if there is a newly renovated room available ( with a view) she can change my reservations with. She said that since I was with Geoholiday, I was restricted to a certain area of the property that was set aside for Geo members - all of which was not yet renovated. She told me that it I come back next year, by October, all the units would have been renovated by then! Well, I tried. Other than being actually disappointed because I was anticipating a renovated room, the stay in the resort was actually fun. My 4 year old had fun in the pool and we had a choice of 2 of their pools which were available for children. Another adult-only pool was another option, but we didn't get to go their as a couple as I had to continually tag along my little one. I could see a lot of the cleaning crew and maintenance personnel moving around the units near the pool and you can actually appreciate how well-kept the surroundings were. Popcorn every afternoon was available for everyone and a movie viewing at the big screen and group socials/games were scheduled for organized fun. They have complimentary coffee at the recreation/game room and several washers and dryers. You just buy your detergent from the front desk and you get to get home without your dirty laundry. I would say that the staff could be more friendly, the cleaning ladies don't really bother to give you a smile nor a "Good morning". They have a fitness room and a tennis court and bikes to use for free, but we were not able to use any of these as we were more at the pool and in the city street discovering Palm Springs. The location is an A+ as it is practically a mere 2 blocks away from the major street of the city. There is a restaurant (Spencer's) just beside the the hotel, practically adjoining it, and you can order in your breakfast and other meals. COOL! Overall, we did enjoy our stay and will definitely be back by October to sample the newly renovated units!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room or a room at the front of the resort, the worst unit would be on the first...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank LAtravelbug_11
Gilbert, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We made our reservation nearly 5 months prior to the trip. I was told we would be in a "newly remodeled" room. I called a wk before our stay as some of the reviews had me a little scared.
Well, when we arrived we were given a room key for a "cottage" across the street from the main building. The room was dark, dinghy and outdated- the sofa bed was sagging so you were unable to sit without sinking down and I would have been scared to sit on this or the carpet. We went back to the desk and were given another key for a unit in the same building. Although this one was as dark and outdated and sofa wasnt as bad and we were told by the front desk there were no options as the "remodeled" units were all taken. I expressed my disappointment as we were told we would have a "nice" unit and this was far from that promise.
Day 3 - I took the pan out of the cupboard to find a 2" cochroach in the pan. I called the front desk and was told someone would be "right there". Over 20 minutes passed with no one showing up so we went to the front desk and were told someone was "heading over" to take care of this. We were also told it was not a cochroach but some kind of beetle. I really didn't care the specifics as I don't expect to share the unit with large insects!! I did mention I was not going to prepare breakfast using a pan that was inhabited by a cochroach and they didn't respone. Someone did come later in the day to remove the beetle as did pest control. Over the next 3 days we saw 4 more "beetles" in our unit of varying size.
Overall this was by far the worst of our timeshare experiences and unfortunately, the facility did nothing to help or act as if it was of concern to them. Mark at the front desk did seem to care but noone else seemed to bothered. Housekeeping was kind as were the landscapers.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple