“Total Relaxation”

Santiago Resort
Minneapolis
“Total Relaxation”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My partner and I have stayed at several of the other men's resorts in Palm Springs. After reading the excellent reviews of Santiago, we decided to give it a try and were delighted that we did. We were met by the manager, Jay, who gave us a warm welcome, a tour of the property, and answered any questions we had. Our room was fresh, modern, clean and comfortable. Nothing was out-dated or in need of repair. We used the pool both day and night. It was so warm and inviting. The grounds offer plenty of full sun or shade, depending on your preference.
Since breakfast and lunch are provided, the only decision to make is where to go for dinner. I felt pampered. All the staff and guests are friendly. We returned home to freezing temps and snow flurries. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I just got back from a second full-week visit to Santiago. The first time I stayed at the resort, in March 2013, the live-in manager had tragically just passed away. I didn't know about that until near the end of my visit and I still had a wonderful time: so much so that it prompted me to visit again here in October. This time I felt the difference - Jay and his team were wonderful and the added attention and assistance through the visit was notable and appreciated. You all can read the reviews and see the posted photos to see that the grounds and pool are great (and well situated). The resort is fun, but not a non-stop party and I got both quiet time and the chance to meet new people that I stay at placed like this for. I really recommend this one.

Jeff C (Seattle)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jeff C
Camarillo, CA
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Wow! I enjoyed a perfect birthday getaway weekend at the Santiago Resort in Palm Springs spent with my partner and two friends! From the moment I stepped foot on the property I felt comfortable and welcome. Prior to our arrival I let the management know that we would be arriving late (after the office closes); so upon our arrival we were met with a personalized letter and instructions on how to gain access to the grounds. It was such a nice touch!

The rooms, pool, and hot tub were all clean and well kept. As a previous guest mentioned, the rooms were SO MUCH better in person than in the pictures online. I couldn't get enough of the great views from our 2nd floor room. The landscaping was beatiful and transported us to a relaxing oasis far away from the rest of the world.

The management and staff were A+ as well as one of my favorite parts of the trip. They do an excellent job at making you feel at home and welcome! Jay & Mark were continuously checking on all the guests; but not in a way that was intrusive. When we needed recommendations they were knowledgable and happy to send us to various spots throughout the city. It was top-notch customer service!

Breakfast and lunch service were also a great bonus. Lunch is catered in...fresh and delicious! I'm sad I forgot to order it on our second day there. In the afternoon they also share frozen margarita shots with everyone. SO GOOD!

The other guests were great to chat and mingle with. From what I gathered, a few were regulars who wont stay anwhere else and now I see myself as part of that club! Being that there are no complaints about the price, property, staff, or customer service there is no reason for me to stay anywhere else. I'm already planning my next trip there!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OhMyJosh
Long Beach, California
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Needing to "Get out of Dodge" for a couple of days I thought Palm Springs. Close enough to home but far enough away to give me the "trip" feel. Friends told me about the Santiago Resort Palm Springs. I one of those that must speak directly with the property, so I telephoned their reservation number and Mark answered. What a delight and easy to complete the reservation-with Mark offering options. Once there I checked in. The GM Jay Rifkin was there greeting guest with such affection and warmth.

My room was lovely and fresh. The bed was a religious experience all its own. I dropped everything due the pool calling me with men enjoying the sun and grounds. Santiago is clothing optional property -I choose to wear cloths -just because I like the mystic. There was an even number of men opting for both . Everyone was friendly and approachable. Lunch is ordered in for the guest -included! The afternoon brought Jay around serving various frozen shots that refreshed and quenched. I will always stay at the Santiago Resort- they aim to please, and do so -in such a charmingly way!

Room Tip: ask for 2nd floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mench0256
Austin
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Based on a friend's recommendation and other TA reviews I decided to stay at Santiago on a recent trip to Palm Springs. I honestly was a bit hesitant because I thought the rooms looked a bit dated in the pictures. In this case, a picture was not worth 1,000 words. The rooms were fresh, very clean and very pleasant, and the bath looked to be recently remodeled. Jay was an excellent host; answering my initial e-mail questions promptly and gladly responding to requests for recommendations and direction. Mark did a great job making sure everyone was well fed and things were in good order for guests. Oscar and Bob did a great job caring for the rooms. The grounds were beautiful and well cared for as was everything else at the resort. This was my third visit to Palm Springs; and with each i have stayed at a different resort. Santiago has probably changed that trend. It will be my first call the next time I get a chance to visit.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Austin-WE
l.a. , cal
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Jay and his staff deliver a high-end resort experience. The facility is carefully maintained and groomed. The entire staff is engaged and friendly and sincerely devoted to the personal satisfaction of each guest.

For aesthetics, tranquility and relaxation, no other resort in this market is better.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank greenL_a_Cal
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We recently stayed at Santiago Resort and had a lovely time. The pool and hot tub were lovely and the room was nice and clean. The staff was very accommodating and made sure that our stay was great. The morning breakfast is nice and relaxing by the pool. Santiago Resort will definitely be our resort of choice the next time we are in Palm Springs.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends