All reviews pool and hot tub frittata nights midweek pool area is inviting generous continental breakfast thursday through sunday any requests breakfast room the entire hotel hard boiled eggs modernism week mid century tea and coffee rooms are spacious reception desk mountain view easy walking distance
Reviewed July 7, 2016

My wife and I decided to get out of town for a weekend. I did some looking online and came across the Skylark Hotel. The price was decent and the hotel looked appealing.

The hotel is vintage. Some would say retro, but it was built in 1955 and then restored. It is old school cool with a little bit of a face lift.

The hotel itself is done in a courtyard design so that every room is a poolside room. There are approximately 40 units with most on the ground floor directly beside the pool and hot tub area.

The pool is great. It's quite sizable and is 9 ft. at the deep end. The hotel provides floating loungers and other pool toys as well as tables/umbrellas/lounge chairs. As a bonus, the pool is open 24/7. It's awesome as I'm a big fan of night swimming.

It can be scorching hot in Palm Springs. It was over 110 on the weekend we traveled. Because of the heat, we spent a lot of time in the room with the AC cranking or in an out of the pool.

The room was reasonably appointed with a king bed, mini fridge, LCD TV, DVD player and cable. There was a shower only, no bathtub, but that was fine by me. The bathroom fixtures could use some updating, but it wasn't major. The slightly too large shower curtain rod that had to be hung at an angle was the only thing I really noticed.

It's a little off the main strip, but I was in for a low key weekend, so that was completely fine.

All in all, you get a fun affordable with a friendly staff and guests. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The ground floor has the best pool access. #27 is directly across from the deep end.
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
Ron d, General Manager at Skylark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2016

Thank you for the review.
I'm glad you had a good time.
Hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

This was a cool, retro hotel in the design district of Palm Springs. It's a little out of the way as it's toward the end of the strip, but that makes for a quiet night's sleep!!!
Bed was comfortable, room temp was decent.
Breakfast was a standard continental: cereal, pastries, fruit, yogurt, coffee.
They do have a small parking lot in the back.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
Ron d, General Manager at Skylark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2016

HI
Thanks for the posting. Glad you had a nice stay.

Reviewed June 15, 2016

Spent 5 nights here with a large group, everyone of us was taking care of!! Andy was very helpful and attentive! This resort has had some TLC and is wonderful, you're not staying at a brand new resort just have to remember that. I would stay here time after time!

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with friends

Thank you for the review.
It was nice having the group with us.
See you next year.

Reviewed June 15, 2016

Hotel was booked for an annual get together with friends and even though this was a new venue for the group, the Skylark certainly didn't disappoint. Property is immaculate and the daily upkeep demonstrates why it is so well kept. Ron (manager) and his staff were friendly and efficient and made sure the group's expectations were met (and exceeded in most cases). Hotel is located in northern end of Palm Springs (which is why I marked "not centrally located") but with the free shuttle operated by the city (Thursday through Sunday) getting to other parts of Palm Springs was quick and easy. Thanks to Ron and his staff for a relaxing stay. Hope to see you all again soon!

Room Tip: Second level rooms are mountain view and very open
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2016 via mobile

I booked this hotel last minute so that I could catch an early flight out of Palm Springs. After spending a couple nights in Joshua Tree for a night photography workshop and then taking a day trip to the Salton Sea, the Skylark Hotel was a pleasant surprise and respite. Apparently the front desk closes at 10 pm so Andrew called me to see what time I was arriving. Upon my arrival, he greeted me warmly and instructed me to just park up front since I was leaving so early in the morning and the front parking was closer to my room. From the street you would have no idea that what lies behind locked doors is a lovely decorated courtyard with a pool and hot tub. Although my stay was brief (I checked in at 9:30 pm and out about 5:45 am), I was able to take advantage of the hot tub which was very relaxing. The night I was there all of the guests were very quiet and respectful (despite using both the pool and hot tub at night). The room I stayed in (32) was spacious (actually way more space than you need). Although the bathroom was smaller, I found it to be clean and perfect for me. The one suggestion, I have would be include hairdryers in each room. The hotel is also quite reasonably priced for Palm Springs. Upon opening my door in the morning, I was able to see the glorious view from the hotel. I wish I could have stayed longer but hopefully I'll be back some time soon!

Stayed: June 2016, traveled solo