“Much improved!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Escena Lounge and Grill

Escena Lounge and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Escena Lounge and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 316 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American, Bar, International
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Vista Chino, just east of Gene Autry
Description: Escena Lounge and Grill pairs delectable California-fusion cuisine with eye-popping design and a playful, retro vibe. Spacious indoor and outdoor dining areas frame majestic views of the towering San Jacinto Mountains. Voted Best New Restaurant of 2010 by readers of Palm Springs Life, Escena Lounge + Grill is open daily for breakfast, lunch, dinner and happy hour. Hours, menus and live entertainment schedules vary seasonally; please call or check our website for current information. Escena Lounge + Grill is located within the Escena Palm Springs community and is connected to the stunning Escena Golf Club. Dining and golf are open to the public year-round. Enter from Vista Chino 200 yards east of Gene Autry Trail.
Palm Springs, California
“Much improved!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

After 2 previously disappointing visits, the restaurant invited us back (at their cost) to prove that things had improved and yes they have. The waiting staff did not know our circumstances and the service was very good, attentive but not overbearing. We had Sunday Brunch and all 6 of us enjoyed our meals very much. It is now back on our list of must do's when we have guests in town..

Visited January 2014

Palm Desert, California
“Bad experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

I decided to try Escena again after a few months. Escena has the best deal in the valley for Sunday Brunch with unlimited mimosas for a fair price, and it gets really busy. However, I was trying to have a nice peaceful meal to enjoy my MLK holiday off, therefore, I decided to try monday night. There was not dinner that night, just appetizers which did not have too many options. Our waitress was really nice and friendly, but it seems like some costumers were giving her a hard time, which I understand because it happens. My bad experience started when my drink was empty, so I called over to my table this young girl who was roaming around to ask her the favor to refill my coke, and her answer threw me off, she said "let me get your waitress, I am just the manager and I don't get drinks" and walked away to talk to the other little girl who appeared to be a hostess. I literally finished my meal and left and she was still talking and laughing with the hostess and I never got my refill. I am disappointed because last time I came it was busier but everybody seemed to help each other which really impressed me, but this time "the manager" could not even refill my drink.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Edmonton, Canada
“Great lunch - great view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

The menu is varied and the prices are reasonable. I had the pulled pork and my companion had the lobster roll. Both were very good. The chips and dip to start were very yummy. Iced teas refilled constantly and staff very pleasant. I was a bit worried as I thought it may be too high end but it was a great experience. Fantastic views!

Eagle, Colorado
“Higher Prices-Lower Popularity for Dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

We used to find Escena Lounge and Grill packed with fun loving locals for dinners in the high season. We were surprised to find it empty on a Friday night, but immediately understood when we looked at the prices on the menu. I don't know exactly, but it looks like an increase by half.
One could easily spend $60 for a dinner without drinks.
We ate mostly from the appetizer menu and the preparations, while good, were not exceptional, nor worth the price. Our service was excellent and friendly and liked the immediate serving of delicious popovers.
We'll stick to lunches, brunches, and breakfasts in that delightful setting.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
San Luis Obispo, California, United States
“New menu new prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten at this restaurant many times over a four year period. This was the first time in 2014. We went with another couple that have also eaten there many times. We immediately noticed that for a Friday night there were very few people there? We had reservations but were worried in that we were a little late. First prices have gone up by about $5 per item. I had Caesar salad with shrimp. Mainly a large pile of finely chopped romaine with five under cooked shrimp dropped on top. A friend had the crab cakes which used to be served as an appetizer, but now is a high priced entre complimented with French fries and cold slaw. They were good but over priced. They did serve fresh popovers which were very good. This used to be a favorite place for early evening meal in that the patio has great views of the mountain. The service was good and attentive.

Visited January 2014