“An absolute gem of an estate complete with hammocks, butterflies, croquet and more! Enchanted!”

Parker Palm Springs
Ranked #30 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Can't wait to visit again!!! I rarely review properties, but this was my absolute favorite hotel room ever! The design of the room was creative, spacious and inviting - from a private hammock to a four poster bed - and the grounds were a true desert oasis - from seating areas next to soothing fountains to evening firepits. Staff was friendly, attentive and welcoming. A perfect blend of elegance and authentic hospitality.

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We just LOVE coming back to the Parker. As soon as you walk thru the big orange double front doors, you know your in for a great weekend getaway. Super friendly and attentive staff, amazing decor and the best restaurants right on property (Norma's and Mr. Parker). The "Lemon Head" drink and food servers at the pools are always avail to take your orders for fun cocktails and great lunch options. We just love the overall vibe of the Parker
Can't wait to go back again!!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Had an amazing time at Parker! The friendliest employees and impeccable service. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Gorgeous facility with great upkeep. Food was yummy and they don't short you on the drinks:)

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I hear the comments about the pool but I honestly didn't face any challenges securing a couple of lounge chairs at any time of day. At least they have two separate pools; one for families and one adult only, so glad about this! I enjoyed every single outlet and amenity that the hotel has to offer. The food was amazing at Norma's & Mister Parker's. My favourite thing amenity wise was the poolside cocktail service, nothing says holiday like drinking poolside.
I want to give major props to Vanessa who did not check us in but was so engaging, she walked us to our room and gave us a great tour of the property. She was not asked to escort us but she volunteered since we told her it was our first time there, she immediately said "you need a tour", she was a great ambassador! Next time I visit I will spring for the Lanai room, thanks for the recommendation!
The spa was beautiful but this is where my one bit of criticism comes in, the prices are prohibitive. I mean I can justify buying myself just about anything, anything except a $200 facial. If it was a $150 facial I probably would do it but after you add tax and gratuity, which they do on top of the already inflated price (automatically), it is just a little too cringe inducing, even for me. My boyfriend did not speak to me the whole drive home when he learned our 60 minute couples massage cost $468.
That being said I want to return, it may be for a girl's trip next but I am definitely looking forward to a future stay!

Reviewed June 20, 2014

The Parker in Palm Springs is just magic. The staff is friendly, warm and fun and truly seem to enjoy their jobs at the hotel. Our room was playful and fun with amazing touches that make it a unique stay (more fun that a typical hotel). Dinner at Mr. Parker's is a true experience. Food was incredible...staff is knowledgeable and friendly. They sent over cake and champagne for a birthday we were celebrating....really make the night even more fun. Breakfast at Norma's....DELISH! I could eat there every day. LOVE that there is a pool for families and an adults only pool. Makes it so much easier if you have kids and also great if you don't...so you can enjoy a bit more quiet. The staff delivering on cute yellow bikes just adds to the magic. So whimsical and fun. Lemonade at the lemonade stand is AMAZING. Yummy! Spa was incredible. Gina gave me the best massage I have ever had in my life. She has magic hands. I left feeling so relaxed and all of my tension was gone. We cannot wait to come back again soon!

1  Thank Gina W
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The room size was excellent - we stayed in a luxury Estate room on the second floor, Very comfortable bed and good quality linens and bath towels in abundance. The only downside to the room was the view out the window. There wasn't one, The windows in our room were totally overgrown with plants, which is a shame as otherwise we would have had a spectacular mountain and garden view. We had been told the bushes were to be trimmed but they were not.
Poolside the staff food and beverage staff were outstanding, attentive and friendly. The pool attendants were a bit overwhelmed at times as guests seem to need up to 10 towels each which they keep dumping all over the place - A better system may be to issue towels from the bar area and ask guests not to reserve seats at 8am only to return many hours later - if at all.
The adult pool area could be expanded a bit as it gets very crowded, but a good alternative is the family friendly pool which is set in a spacious landscaped area that is very appealing.
Norma's the bistro dining spot offers an interesting menu throughout the day though the dishes can be a bit inconsistent in quality and pricing, The waitstaff and hostess were excellent and very accommodating and upbeat.
We had an enjoyable 7 night stay - the Friday and Saturday nights were a bit manic, with weekenders in from LA.
The room service telephone operator's manner and quality of food delivered nowhere near matches that to be found in other areas.
The Spa area, gym and attendants are excellent. The only real downside is the inconsistent attitude of the reception staff, concierge and telephone operators - Some are really great - others need to dial the attitude way down.
Overall Palm Springs is a special place to be that transcends its magic regardless of where you are staying.

Room Tip: North and south rooms - check you have a room that you can see out of the window. They are not all o...
Reviewed June 15, 2014

The Parker is a unique experience
. My review is not unique to others before. Cool grounds some flaws with the service (attitude) listen folks you work here were guests, we have questions about the place don't roll your eyes at me because I don't know where your spa is or where I can get a pack of matches:-(
Our room was eggh very loud in the hall way with the drunk bachelorette girls I understand you can't control this just a fact the doors are thin and yep you can hear the shrieking.
Basically too pricey for what it is but was good to see the place to draw my own conclusion.
I'm a nut for good design the lobby nailed it as did the PSYC. But I didn't need to stay in an overpriced loud room to experience the best of the property.
Lastly the pool was so crowded my husband and I went to the " family friendly" pool it was at best mediocre.. No towels available until 2pm that sucked! Sitting in 100 degree heat on hot chairs was no fun. After countless times being told they were coming I finally went to my room and grabbed a bath towel Dumb!

1  Thank Kerry S
ParkerPalmSprings, General Manager at Parker Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Kerry S,

Thank you for visiting us here at the Parker Palm Springs. Of course we're disappointed to read it was anything less than perfect.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further should you be willing. Please feel free to contact me at bmccurley@parkerpalmsprings.com at your convenience.

Warm Regards,