“Palm Springs in August”

Parker Palm Springs
Ranked #30 of 74 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a great all around Hotel. Comfortable rooms, calm and relaxing pools, and an amazing Spa is all anyone needs to keep cool in the desert in August. We loved the grounds and plan to return next August.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Todd B

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Just returned from our weekend getaway to Palm Springs. The Parker is a nice Hotel, nice rooms and spectacular gardens. It is for adults, really not for families with kids and strollers. Interesting 70'ies decor by Jonathan Adler, but that is exactly what Palm Springs is, a step 40 years back in time.
Yet the service and professionalism of the staff could need some training and finesse. The wedding close to our room was disturbing and so was the housekeeper who knocked on the door even with the DND sign outside the door. The food is OK given the fact that we were told that the restaurant is transitioning to a different menu.
The services at the spa are great. I had one of the best massages. However to my taste the spa has a strange set up. I was hoping for a little better wet area to relax and not having to lounge around an indoor pool and share the jacuzzi with a bunch of bachelorettes.

Room Tip: Stay in the South Building. The North Building is close to the kids and family pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Franz K
Reviewed August 1, 2013

our 2nd stay here was just as amazing as the first.
love the rooms, the grounds of the hotel and the staff (front desk is just lovely!!). all decor is amazingly stylish and makes me feel like julianne moore in 'a single man'. this is a place i will keep coming back to.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was our final hotel on a road-trip around CA, from the UK. It was also the highlight hotel - very elegant with excellent food. We made the most of the facilities, enjoying the indoor pool - chill out area the most. On the first night we sat around the outdoor burner and chatted with other guests. It was a really fun stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just state at the Parker.. Love the design of outdoor gardens. I've stayed here about 5 times since it opened and won't go back. When we checked into our room, we noticed there were tables and a lunch room at the end of our hall. I asked the Australian reception staff member whether there was an event planned the next day, as we didnt want 75 people walking by our room at 7am waking us up. She assured me there was nothing planned the next day, so we kept our room.
The next morning at 7a we awoke to 75 people steaming by our room talking loudly.. Including the staff. I called and asked for a manager Michelle who said she'd comp our breakfast. Upon checkout, the breakfast was charged to us. The reception desk told us the charge and looked at me expectantly for the $. I asked for Michelle who was literally standing right beside us. I reminded her of our agreement and she said it had to be charged first to be removed. No apology for the rudeness and incompetent check in, nothing! Not even a goodbye. You can only blame the off season for so much bad behavior! I expect courtesy at the hotels I stay in.

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank Jakeywhee
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I know the fun of this place is suppose to be the decor...but I just did not get it. The 1970's contemporary look just made me think they bought their decorations at my mom's garage sale. There is no signage for the hotel and the lobby area is not obvious. We thought we were in the back of the hotel.
The staff was VERY nice and friendly. The restaurant was a bit expensive for pretty normal food. Eggs Benedict was $20.00. I did not try any spa service.

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank aratatatt
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I had SUCH a great time at The Parker last week. We love that it wasn't as crowded as the other more affordable hotels.. We avoided the whole "vegas spring break" look a like thing.
This has nothing to do with the hotel itself, but there was a major fire on day 2/3 of our stay and with ash falling from the sky we could enjoy the pool, outdoor seating, fire pits, fountain, games and etc that The Parker offers. I was so bummed that we missed out on that for a whole day.

Anyway. It's a very inspiring hotel and definitely worth a stay!

• Stayed: July 2013
The Saguaro Palm Springs
The Saguaro Palm Springs
#36 of 74 in Palm Springs
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Parker Palm Springs? Share your experiences!