“Should have stayed longer!”

Parker Palm Springs
Ranked #24 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Brooklyn, New York
“Should have stayed longer!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night in August 2012. Before booking, I was concerned that it might be a little *too* palm springs for us (we were also considering Korakia Pensione). I should not have been concerned. The hotel, its staff and guests were all over-the-top, but just enough - not too much.

On details, our room wasn't great - it overlooked the parking lot -- but we booked on points and the hotel was fully booked, so I wasn't too disappointed. The service was reliable. The staff was polite. My one complaint is that I felt we got terrible restaurant guidance (the concierge recommended Copley's, which we did not love - particularly after paying a $275 tab for a meal that could best be described as mediocre). In addition, the grounds are lovely, the pool and pool service were both great. The spa was gorgeous, although I did not book any treatments.

I wish we had stayed longer and will definitely visit again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My posse of gentlemen and I had a somewhat inauspicious arrival at the Parker where I was bludgeoned in the forehead by the famous orange entry doors by a fast moving valet attendant, drawing blood. Somewhat light humor accompanied our check in with me compressing the wound with tissue paper throughout the process. Even though I had reserved 4 rooms, I was not offered an upgrade despite the injury.

So why stay here? Answer: the place is super cool, period.

Like the Viceroy, you don't really need to leave the property, especially since there's very little to do in PS anyway. We had dinner at Mr Parker's which has a good super club vibe but "so so" food. Played tennis under the lights -- wonderful. Used the pool in the late evening (a zoo during the day). Had a protracted mid afternoon snack at the Lemonade Stand (they were in the weeds). Two breakfasts' at Norma's which offers a wide array of options but the prices are a bit silly.

If there's a scene in PS, it's here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Irreverent
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Parker is an amazing place, it's always my first choice in Palm Springs. The grounds are beautiful and spacious, it never seems overly crowded. I'm a fan of Jonathan Adler so the decor is perfect for me.
We brought our 1.5 year old son this past Father's Day weekend, and found it to be a very family friendly hotel. There is a designated pool for children, which is very nice, and they can accommodate crib requests.
We were disappointed in the fact that they couldn't grant us a late checkout on a Monday, they didn't seem busy or crowded. We would have liked to stay for lunch and a spa treatment.

Room Tip: We've only stayed on the second floor of the South portion of the hotel, the balconies are great...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was disappointed in the service during our recent stay here, it did not match up to many other hotels of the same calibre that I have stayed in. For example, it took nearly an hour and 3 phone calls to establish that our bags had been delivered to another room in error, and there was no real apology forthcoming. We thought this may be a one-off but then we had similar delays when we were checking out. Having said that the hotel grounds are really nice and the breakfasts at Norma's were excellent. But for me it lacked something, and it is not on my list of hotels I want to return to.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JK_BarRoomQueen
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I would give the Parker a million stars if the rating scale allowed! We spent two nights here and this is the best hotel I have ever stayed in within the continental US. The furnishings, decor and service is unparalleled. Breakfast at Norma's was world class, great coffee, fruit - the smoothie shot- delish! (I could have that every morning). I would have stayed the whole year if I could have. The adult pool was perfect, totally relaxing and the grounds are beautifully maintained and relaxing. We stayed there on a Thursday and Friday. Quieter in the week and the weekend brings the LA/OC crowd so a bit younger and louder but a great vibe nevertheless. Everyone we met there from the hotel staff to the guests was very friendly. The rooms are like your home away from home but .... can I get Jonathan A. to come design my rooms that way? Stay at the Parker, you will be thrilled you did!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JC_0905
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I LOVE THIS HOTEL. The gal at the front desk when we checked in was amazing--we received an upgrade without even requesting it. Our room was ready even though we checked in early. The room could not have been more perfect. Jonathan Adler is a designing genius (which was part of what attracted me to stay there to begin with). I love how everything on the grounds is so private yet so close in proximity (doesn't take an hour to get from one end to the other!). All of the staff was uber-friendly and pleasant. We loved the brunch at Norma's--excellent! I am already missing it and planning our next stay. Very much enjoyed how the adult pool is open 24-7, that was so fun. Other reviews have said that the pool gets very crowded but we had no trouble finding a seat. I loved the private patio adjacent to our room, not sure I've ever stayed in a room where we couldn't see all our neighbors! I didn't even feel like I was staying at a hotel, it felt like someone's home. Highly recommend!!! We went for my husband's 50th birthday and so glad we did--we will have great memories thanks in large part to the fabulous Parker Hotel!

Room Tip: If you are willing to spring for it, the Villas are amazing!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stopped at Parker Palm Springs this past father's day weekend, and had a fantastic time despite the reviews here that this hotel was unfriendly to kids. We brought our two year old with us and we had the Lanai Room; which had it's own semi-private pool. We had also requested a crib in our room. The room was spacious! And the bathroom amenities were great except I think they should offer slippers for a 5-star hotel like this.

Our son had a ton of fun swimming, despite the scorching hot sun, and we enjoyed some refreshments from their lemonade stand.

We also enjoyed their room service (for breakfast) and their spa (mani + pedi) was relaxing and beautiful. We had dinner at Norma's, for casual dining. Food was mediocre, but service was excellent.

We would have stayed longer but weren't granted late checkout (starwood gold) even though they didn't look busy or crowded. We would have returned for more spa services.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family