“Amazing stay, I just did not want to leave...!”

Parker Palm Springs
Ranked #30 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great room, great hotel and premises, great food, polite and knowledgeable staff. I love the Parker!!!
I just had a hard time to leave...
Robert the concierge was very amicable and knew about everything there is to do in Palm Springs.
I loved my room! Very 60's chic, so me, very homy, not too staged.
The whole resort was amazing, peaceful and fun.
I went there for a yoga works stay and could not have chosen a better place.
I want to come back!!!

Room Tip: My room was great, I think all rooms were great!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
ParkerPalmSprings, General Manager at Parker Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear sarachichi,

We wish you didn't have to leave also. The grounds of the Estate serve as the perfect location for our Yoga aficionados to explore.

Thank you for your wonderful comments about Robert and our team. We will share your thoughts with them.

Brandon McCurley

Write a ReviewReviews (1,597)

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had a wonderful stay recently at The Parker and would highly encourage travelers to stay there in the future!

The check-in staff was very accommodating since we arrived well before check in. They took all of our information and extra baggage and called us at the pool when our room was ready. All of our items were waiting in the room when we finally pulled ourselves away from the wonderful oasis. I must note that our experience was perfect...even as an entire wedding party was checking out before us and some guests giving the staff attitude about resort fees and incidentals.

The staff at the adult pool was lovely and dinner at Mr. Parker's was amazing...as always!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Lauren F,

We love to hear that your experience was 'perfect'. Thank you for your kind words.

The pools leave little reason to want to leave but, as you have found, the Estate offers so many points of interest you must plan carefully if you wish to experience everything we have to offer. I guess you'll have to return soon to continue the exploration.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I agree with JohnCMiamiBeach and Salford66. The property is GORGEOUS! One cannot fault it. But the service and food were HORRIFIC! Downright shocking. You really need to up your ante to continue carrying a good reputation. the food you serve need to be of same quality as the property, what we had was canteen food, there is no other way to describe it. Get yourself another head chef for Norma because your current one is grinding it to the ground. Serving frozen dessert at dinner is just not acceptable. You can serve classics but please, just do it with more finesse, you clientele are world travelers who know what a good meatball and spaghetti should taste like! We were served unacceptable canteen food! The list goes on and on and we only stayed for 2 days there! And PLEASE train your reception staff properly, they don't even know how to check your clients out! Giving us only half a bill and we needed to ask for copies of the rest? This is The Parker! A hotel of your stature and beauty need to come with the appropriate services and quality has to be undisputed!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkerPalmSprings, General Manager at Parker Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear NeezaA,

You will be pleased to know we actually do have a new Executive Chef now and will soon be adding additional talent to reinforce our reputation of culinary excellence.

Thank you for sharing your observations. We take them seriously and act on each accordingly.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss further should you be willing. You may reach me at bmccurley@parkerpalmsprings.com.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I would definitely stay again because great overall but the rooms were not remodeled well and it still felt like the original 1960s. For the price, I expected more luxury in the rooms. Food was great, service was great, spa was fantastic. Ambiance great. Very hip and also very relaxing.

Dear NilouRai,

"Food was great, service was great, spa was fantastic. Ambiance great." All good in our books. Thank you!

Our rooms reflect our take on luxury and are all designed by Jonathan Adler. While the rooms appointments register with the vast majority of our guests, we understand tastes do vary. We can only hope all of the other positives weigh strongly enough with you to want to return.

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Great property with gorgeous grounds and a great bar. The mid century look and great furnishings are standouts. That's where it ends. Service from start to finish was horrific. Check in rude. Miscommunication on late check out. Concierge gave poor recommendations for meals, hikes and golf. With so many great options in town, pass on this one. They don't appear to want your business anyway.

1  Thank JohnCMiamiBeach
ParkerPalmSprings, General Manager at Parker Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear JohnCMiamiBeach,

We are sorry we were unable to accommodate your request for late check-out.

While we make every effort to accommodate all requests we must also consider those guests arriving to the Estate; hence, our inability to extend beyond 2pm.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed for 4 days/3 nights. The amenities are fantastic, every staff member we interacted with were terrific & happy! Make sure you get a walking tour in, even check out the spa or you'll miss the nice indoor pool & super cool calm/meditation room. Workout room is more than adequate & machines are really nice! Such a neat place, not like you average posh hotel! :)

• Stayed: May 2013
ParkerPalmSprings, General Manager at Parker Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear HappyK8,

Our fitness center, the Boiler Room, has just added more cardio equipment and a slew of other fancy fitness items. For those that wish to subject themselves to such torcher, there is no better place in which to do so.

Thank you for your appreciation of our Estate!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Well I'll start by saying that I ' love ' The Parker and have been staying and spending here for quite a while. I love the decor, the gardens, the spa, the staff, the rooms are my favourite! But this time around my goodness I don't know what went wrong.
Firstly I believe there is new management and I found this out when we stayed at Xmas. We eat every christmas eve at Mr Parkers and look forward to a fabulous menu last year it was a set menu 'soup, salad, main course ' soup and salad helloooo??? I'd expect something more forward like a 'tasting menu' but soup and salad. I waited all year for that?
They said it was the best Xmas eve they had had ..... Because it was 'cheap' that's why. It tasted
and it looked 'cheap ' too.
This time around the place was in shambles, the actual pool was very dirty and all the towels
and plates from lunch were never cleaned up. We walked by at midnight at there were at least
15 towels plates, cups, magazines. See photos.
Our breakfast tray was picked up at 7pm and I walked by it 3 times so somebody must have
seen it?

We normally do not go off property during our stay as we just really love it here however when we ate at Normas..... My my what a mess. We waited an hour for fish and chips. We ordered calimari rings that were so awful, the rings looked like cheerios see photo. The table next to us
only got 3 entrees out of 4 and had to wait 25 minutes for the last one. The food was
DISGUSTING and this place needs to close and reopen with a prettier more rustic decor and a
decent menu.
We had breakfast there the next day and the bacon was like jerky, waitress said they pre cook it
then cook it again when someone orders. Shame.

Lastly I ordered many items from the spa they were supposed to ship the box to me what I received was not face creams and body lotion but somebody's smelly socks, magazine and jewellery. They had mixed up three shipments all going to different adresses. I spent the weekend of the phone with several different people. Michelle was supposed to call me back she didn't .
On a good note Chris arranged an amazing meal for us in our room and Eric delivered it perfectly!!
It gives me no pleasure to write this review as this is my most favourite hotel ever. I love it here. We may try the Ritz next time though until they figure out who they want to be 'soup & salad' crowd or eclectic, refined crowd.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Salford66
ParkerPalmSprings, General Manager at Parker Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Salford66,

How disappointing it is to read of your experience. Please accept my apologies for the series of events you have detailed. These are completely out of character for our Estate and certainly not indicative of the levels of service we are known to provide.

There has been no change in management and your recollection of Christmas is puzzling as we had no such menu offered.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you personally to better understand the details. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience at bmccurley@parkerpalmsprings.com.