“Really enjoyed my stat at the Parker”

Parker Palm Springs
Ranked #24 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
San Rafael, California
“Really enjoyed my stat at the Parker”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Thought the hotel room was definitely above average for most hotels. Good size, great bathroom with double sinks, nice chairs and a comfy bed. Property is pretty unique in feel in that its an older property that for the most part has been redone.

The staff was great from the front desk to the valets, everyone was incredibly nice and very helpful.

Only issue I had was the smell of the room which had some sort of moldy/smelly odor from it. It was noticeable every time I walked in, but then I was able to get over it pretty quickly. Was not too bad at all.

All in all, would definitely recommend it - especially for conferences/company gatherings.

Thanks.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ParkerPalmSprings, General Manager at Parker Palm Springs, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear slinzer,

Thank you for your kind words and appreciation of our staff. Their caring and attentive service is unique and a source of great pride for us.

We have a Perfect Room program in place that ensures every room on the Estate is returned to "new" at least twice per year. We have identified your room and already replaced the Air Conditioning unit.

Should you find yourself returning to Palm Springs please contact me personally at bmccurley@parkerpalmsprings.com so that I may coordinate your reservation and needs personally.

Best Regards,

Brandon McCurley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

You really do get what you pay for at the Parker. The entire property is at your disposal and there is so much to enjoy. The copious citrus trees, the two beautiful pools, mountain views, hammocks. It really is a paradise. We were there on a coolish winter weekend but still managed to lounge by heated pools and enjoy the drop dead gorgeous indoor pools and spa. Breakfast at Norma's is delish but you would be wise to share a dish as the portions are huge.

The rooms, are large and tasteful. We had a deluxe king in the north building with a private patio facing the interior property. It was quiet; we had a good view and good sun, and we were close to the pool and jacuzzi. I doubt there is a bad room there but I would request that one again. I think the suites would be good for families but with such a great property, not really worth it.

If I had to find one thing to hold against the hotel, or at least our stay, it was that there was some kind of corporate retreat going on and they held their meetings by the pools -- both of them. I felt somewhat put out to think that someone else was paying for their work junket while I had to pay for mine and listen to their six sigma crap. But in the end, it really didn't bother us too much. I will gladly return to the Parker, hat and wallet in hand.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

We had an amazing stay here this past summer and are going again this weekend. The decor of the hotel is by Jonathan Adler, so it's decidedly non-traditional, Palm Springs/Hollywood chic - however, comfort seems to have been the first goal of this hotel. The beds are lovely, there are comfortable chairs in the rooms and the bathroom amenities are top notch. The grounds of the hotel are absolutely beautiful - tons of nooks and crannies to get lost in, little fountains, a fire pit, hammocks and a spiked lemonade stand. The lobby and bar are also great, with hanging chairs and a roundabout fire table. The giant chess set is particularly fun, and we really appreciated the adults only pool (because we have a toddler whom we left with grandparents and for once, it was nice to have some adult time!). We had breakfast at Norma's, which was expensive but very good. The spa.... OH, the spa! We didn't get any treatments, but we did enjoy the indoor pool and jacuzzis when the weather got too hot, as well as the plush bathrobes and lounge chairs with ipads. Finally, the staff was FANTASTIC. Everyone was extremely nice and accommodating. We just loved this hotel and are really looking forward to coming back!

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor and it was a little dark because of the hedges growing outside the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear LAIrisha,

Be sure to try the treatments at PSYC this weekend. The Tailor Made massages are just that...bespoke based on your personal needs and preferences. Of course a shot of our cucumber infused vodka as you check in is a great way to begin the relaxation process.

Look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm Regards,

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Definitely a getaway. Rich in history and a great departure from traditional hotel grounds, you lose yourself in this hidden eden. Food and drinks are generally on the above average.. mostly the drinks, however I would steer clear of breakfast here... overpriced for what you get. Aesthetically this place is as modern as it gets. pools are great, and even with kids around, it's easy to forget you're just a guest here for a short while. be sure to play some of the lawn games if you're not into sunbathing... or just relax on the hammocks... so surreal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Karina S,

Our landscaping team cannot be thanked enough. They take great pride in creating the beauty of our gardens.

Be sure to try our clay tennis courts during your next stay or, for a little less strenuous activity; a game of petanque coupled with a glass of Pastis is very rewarding.

Best Regards,

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Always consistent with just the right amount of customer interaction. The property is large but it feels small. Every amenity that you would expect from a hotel of this caliber but if you want to find your own quiet space among the great gardens and be by yourself it's very easy.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris S
Dear Chris S,

Whether you are visiting us during high season; low season, weekday or weekend; you can always find a quiet space and never feel overwhelmed with crowds at our Estate.

We strive to provide elegance with comfort and always knowing when and how to be of service.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

love the funky decor of the lobby & lounges. Extremely good service from check-in to check-out. The resort grounds are beautiful, perfect for relaxing and enjoying fresh fruit from the many nectarine and orange trees. Great setting for private garden parties and weddings.
The Concierge staff are incredibly helpful!! The rooms are very nice, if you like turn-down service in the evenings you have to remember to request it. Otherwise the rooms are spacious and comfortable. The villas are gorgeous!!! Absolutely I would stay here again!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sonya O,

If you need anything our Concierge can make it happen. Each of them LOVE what they do and consistently go above and beyond the call of duty to deliver for our guests.

In addition to the scores of citrus trees we have featured around the Estate we also have a herb and vegetable garden that our Culinary team maintain and source their ingredients from for daily creations served in mister parker's.

Warm Regards,

Manhattan Beach, Ca.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

After trying to reach their General Manager (who never has attempted to call with an explanation) I spoke with a Michelle. I explained it was now January 29th 2013 and we had not been in the Parker since October of 2011!! I spoke with Michelle and I also asked to speak with Vanessa in booking keeping, Vanessa also did not return my two phone calls I had placed to her on her voicemail and one handwritten message I had the desk send.
Michelle said she would look into it as well. Michelle called back to inform me "there was nothing they could do." "it was out of their hands".
I went round and round explaining every detail of the reason why this was illegal, fraud, stealing and flat out a terrible terrible business practice. I explained that I wanted to speak to the General Manager again. "He is not available!"
Finally, 3 hours into this preposterous waste of my time a Karnia - front desk and housekeeping Director phoned to say "Opps, they had made an error." "we can take care of this" Really? This was after I took 3 hours out of my work day. That time did not include the time that I had to spend on the phone with the credit card company- that was 40 extra minutes. Half of my work day gone while these people could not quickly and kindly get a real knowledgable Manager on the phone. I imagine their practice is to drop a charges here and there on their wealthy cliental hoping they will not notice the bill?
The entire experience was shameful.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Nancy066
Dear Nancy066,

We sincerely regret the inconvenience and frustration you experienced as a result of the entire situation. I apologize I was not on property at the time of your call to assist in quickly correcting the error.

Please know we have addressed the breakdown in processes internally that created the issue in the first place.

I am of course available to discuss should you wish to at this late stage. My contact email is bmccurley@parkerpalmsprings.com.

Kindest Regards,