What you are paying for mostly is the retro-60/70's atmosphere, nice spa, excellent cocktails and wine list, and beautiful grounds. We stayed in the main building, and our room was kitted out in full retro glory, but the bathroom was OK, kind of old and not a place one wants to hang out for a luxurious bath, the view non-existent (we looked into bushes), and no coffee! (although you can have it delivered for free, but who can anticipate when one wakes up on vacation and when you want coffee?). The restaurants were OK, although expensive for what you get. We ate at both, and enjoyed the coffee shop much more. Mr. Parker tried too hard to be something it was not and their more unusual dishes bombed (confit duck was dry, dry, dry with a relish that didn't make sense - but I'm a San Franciscan foodie, so I guess I'm picky). Stick with the steak. And did I mention, the cocktails are excellent.
Overall, a great place to hang out to absorb old school Palm Springs Glamour. However, if what you want are standard vanilla corporate 5 star facilities, this is not the place for you. We enjoyed it, but we like that kind of thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine spending a weekend at your great aunt's home, an extremely elegant lady of indeterminate age. Her home, the Parker Palm Springs, is full of the kind of patina achieved by always purchasing the best, knowing that living well ages all things with a particular beauty. What is Happy Luxe? Happy Luxe is luxury without formality, beauty without pretension, elegance with comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Parker Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parker Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs
- Meridien Palm Springs
- Parker Hotel Palm Springs