“Visits for company meetings”

Parker Palm Springs
Ranked #31 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Boston, MA
“Visits for company meetings”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have visited The Parker twice now for company meetings. This is a very nice property, and is an Oasis in the desert. The grounds are green and inviting, with many private spaces. The rooms are clean and neat, but a little funky (a California thing I think). I didn't quite care for the picture of Jackie O staring out at me from above the commode, I have to say. But otherwise, I have found this to be an enjoyable escape, that has lots of nice features (gym, spa, bocci court, lemonade bar, etc. etc.). I can see why it is a feature for the Hollywood set.

Room Tip: I prefer staying in the main house (the south wing) over the north wing. However, if on the north w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ParkerPalmSprings, General Manager at Parker Palm Springs, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear frequentav8r,

It was a pleasure to welcome you back to the Estate. The next time you visit let us know your celebrity preference and we'll replace Jackie O's picture for you.

Hope to see you again soon.

Brandon McCurley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

This is one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever stayed at. The grounds are stunning, and it makes you feel like you are in a private oasis. Restaurants are delish, and the spa is to die for. The service throughout is truly 5 star.

I recommend taking advantage of one of the spa packages and spending some time at the pool.

The bathrooms in the guest rooms could use some updating, but the rooms are spacious and decorated beautifully.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Kym W,

Thank you for your wonderful review and appreciation of the Parker Palm Springs.

We have great packages, including the Spa Junkie package you purchased, available on our website under the Deals tab. See again soon!

New York
Reviewed October 25, 2012

After watching the Bravo series, Welcome to the Parker, I was curious about the hotel. After several trips to Palm Springs, I decided to try it out. What a waste of money. When you first arrive, the entrance is impressive with the huge orange doors. The lobby is overly stylized. Rather than being authentic retro, this is designed to look retro.

We arrived at 1:00 and our room was not yet ready. However, we were told we could change our clothes and they would hold our bags for us and deliver them directly to our room when it was ready. However, we had to first take our bags across the property to the spa so we could change and then carry them back to the lobby building. Very inconvenient. There should be somewhere off the lobby where guests could do a quick change in circumstances like this.

After changing and returning our bags to the lobby we went to relax at the pool. We first went to the adults only pool, but there were no seats to be had. There is a definitely discrepancy between number of hotel guests and number of available chairs. So, we went to the family pool. Thankfully there were two chairs available. However, they were on the grass. I wouldn't mind this, but the grass was very dry and when you walk across it with wet feet, your feet get coated in dry grass.

Thankfully, our wait was fairly brief and we were called that the room was ready. Another trip all the way back to the lobby building to get the keys only to learn our room was in the North Building, right by the family pool where we were. The room was very big. However, we specifically requested that there be no feather bedding or pillows in the room - both for allergy and humane reasons - and the bed had feather pillows and a down comforter on it. We called the front desk and told them about this. The person who answered the call even acknowledged that this request was on the reservation. She promised to call housekeeping to get it fixed. About 15 minutes later, our bags arrived and we could unpack as best we could with the odd dresser in the room. Once unpacked we left for a few hours. Upon our return the pillow situation was remedied.

The bathroom was very nice - double sinks are always good. The tub was very deep which necessitated a large step into/out of the shower. The water pressure in the shower was great. I didn't expect that in the dessert. The shower curtain however, would continually billow into the shower. It was very light and kept attacking everytime we showered. The only way to stop it was to aim the shower head at it and get it wet enough to be weighed down. They might want to invest in the curved curtain rods to make the shower appear bigger.

The property itself is nice.The landscaping is beautiful. The only issue is that only parts of the walkways are paved, the rest is sand and dirt. So you end up getting your shoes and feet dirty when you walk around.

The drinks are very pricey and service isn't the fastest. We didn't eat anything at the hotel as they don't have vegan options for full meals. Just a few snacks.

I can now say I stayed there and my curiosity is satisfied. I can also say, I will not likely be staying there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear MGSUCH,

I am truly sorry to hear that your experience at our Estate was not up to your expectations. Our lobby is undeniably different from the standard luxury hotel's design. Jonathan Adler's design is eclectic and is not for everyone, although most of our guests love it.

We pride ourselves on being able to cater to all personal requirements. Our Culinary team is able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and preferences despite not having everything reflected on a menu. We have an herb and vegetable garden here on the Estate that we use as a daily inspiration for a our menus.

I am hoping that this experience will not deter you from staying with us again. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to the Parker Palm Springs. Please feel free to contact me directly, and I will be happy to arrange your stay.

Long Beach, California
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Sparse, stylish rooms, quirky public spaces that invite talking quietly or with strangers over drinks. Mister Parker's is excellent on all accounts from food to decor and attentive waitstaff (who knew just when to check in on us). The Lemon Stand and Lemon Heads are outstanding. A great place for a romantic getaway ( our anniversary ) but there were many people who seemed to be having an equally good time in groups.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear RobbRussellDC,

Congratulations on your recent anniversary. We appreciate that you chose the Parker Palm Springs for this special occasion.

The mister parker's team, Lemon Heads and the remainder of the team thank you for your recognition.

Please come back and visit us again (before the next anniversary).

Miami
Reviewed October 24, 2012

A nice hotel with a sort of "throw back to the past" decor. I loved it and felt that I was on vacation. They give you wonderful soaps and creams in the bathroom. I would certainly return anytime.

Meals a fortune here....cup of coffee $4.50. I suggest you eat elsewhere. No free coffee in the mornings that's for sure!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I've stayed at the parker a few times, and I really love their bungalow arrangement. Also, I know it shouldn't matter what your bedspread looks like or what's on the walls, but I did really get a kick out of the funky vibe they have going on. The decor is energizing and playful

On this particular trip, my dad and I were headed to Mexico for a few days to catch up and go over some business items. Unfortunately, weather in Mexico grounded us. The Parker was very helpful with last-minute arrangements, and even though we had only called that morning, they made the transition from one plan to the next as smooth as possible. They even had adjoining bungalows for us which was great, because really, what grown woman wants to share a hotel room with her dad?

The pool service was fantastic. Great food and excellent drinks. The server was even kind enough to take down directions for my favorite less-than-well-known cocktail and have the bartender whip it up; perfect! They had plenty of umbrellas for the Palm Springs heat and lots of crafty solutions for keeping cool. In the evening we enjoyed the bocci court and the lounge had a little bit of an impromptu gathering of guests going on.

The service in the rooms was fantastic. Spotlessly clean, and prompt response time on requests. They were even kind enough to provide me with some unusual toiletry items I had lost in transit. So nice to avoid wasting an afternoon looking for a Walgreens.

The only problem came on Thursday. A manager approached us at the pool and asked if we were ready to check out. When we clarified that we were checking out on Saturday, things started to deteriorate. Now, he was very polite and kind about it, but he insisted that our reservation had been for a Thursday checkout. If you knew my dad, you would know that I am not exaggerating in the slightest when I say that I heard him confirm the check-in and check-out dates on the phone SIX times (he's a little tightly wound). So at this point, my dad whips out his smartphone and produces and email confirmation directly from the hotel with a Saturday checkout. Well the manager is very apologetic about the mistake in the email, but he assures us that the reservation was only made for Tues-Thurs and our particular bungalows are reserved for an arriving group that needs the adjoined rooms, and he will be happy to relocate us to another room. Okay, so my dad is not having this and starts to get all riled up, and I ask the manager if they have two comparable rooms that are close to each other and he says oh yes miss, very nice rooms. And I ask him if his staff would be kind enough to move our belongings and place them back in the closets etc; oh yes, very happy to assist. So I tell my dad it's probably a family with little kids in desperate need of a holiday so let's just let it go and enjoy the rest of our afternoon. Okay says dad and he starts to cool down.

Long story short, we go back to the bungalows to move our laptops and sensitive items ourselves and there are security personnel outside our rooms who are refusing to let us in (the didn't work for the hotel). So I give the guy outside my room a polite version of "get lost, this is my room till checkout" and he follows me into my room and starts to oversee my packing process and trying to hurry me along. The housekeeping and bellhops are all a tizzy and this security guy won't leave my room. (I can hear my dad next door yelling at the man entering his room). Finally the bellhops take us to a room (not roomS, room) with a bed and a fold-out couch. Essentially, they didn't have but one room left in the place and they stuck us both in it. Then the manager tried to pass it off like he thought my 65 year old father was my husband, even though I had pointed out our relationship when I asked if they had 2 rooms. We ended up stuck in that room together for one night and then left early.
Funny thing, I spotted two A-list celebs both married to other people later that day. One of them came out of my bungalow. A few weeks later they were in the tabloids with affair accusations. Apparently at this hotel you get excellent service until someone more important shows up.

Room Tip: Keep your reservation email
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank ETurley
ParkerPalmSprings, General Manager at Parker Palm Springs, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear ETurley,

Thank you for your glowing review and appreciation of all things good about the Parker.

The one exception you note is more than concerning to me as we never adopt this approach with our guests. If you are willing, please contact me at bmccurley@parkerpalmsprings.com at your convenience so that I may obtain more details from you.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I make it to The Parker at least twice a year for a long weekend and the rooms, service and amenities are always perfect. When you go you should expect a staff who is not over bearing, a sophisticated clientele and a consistent 5 star experience.

For a romantic getaway it's well worth spending some extra money and splurging for one of the villas. Tons of privacy, plenty of room to spread out and even invite guests for cocktails and light snacks. The food is excellent, valet parking convienent and the design of the rooms is chic.

Can't wait to return again everytime I leave. If you are price conscious, I would suggest staying somewhere else as the little things will add up but they are well worth the price.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ParkerPalmSprings, General Manager at Parker Palm Springs, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear MKristian,

The Estate has a unique ability to transport our guests to a happy place! A place where you can appreciate beauty without pretension and luxury without formality.

When you're next ready for a weekend of indulgence please contact me at bmccurley@parkerpalmsprings.com. Looking forward to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Springs
#34 of 73 in Palm Springs
Ace Hotel and Swim Club
Ace Hotel and Swim Club
#18 of 73 in Palm Springs

Been to Parker Palm Springs? Share your experiences!