“We loved our palm springs wonderland getaway!”

Parker Palm Springs
Ranked #36 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We love the whole experience. From the moment we drove up until the minute we left. We were sad to part with the Parker. Customer service was an A+! Friendly personable staff! You drive up through high green hedges which make you feel as if you are entering a wonderland. The bright orange doors and valet are there to greet you. The decor is absolutely stylish with warm bright colors and textures. This boutique hotel ranks up as one of my favorites! There are many amenities for whichever your pleasure, frm the pool, lemonade, bonfire, hammocks, to renting bikes and massages. Definitely gave me a new impression of palm springs - I was 2 hours away frm home but a universe away from my reality.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,628)

Reviewed August 9, 2011

Excellent hotel. Not your usual posh place. Wound rather describe this hotel as eclectic, relaxing, and fun. Decor is a throwback to the 60's, 70's but clearly geared towards today's tastes. Grounds are very pretty, rooms are clean and relaxing. Staff are the friendliest and most helpful I've encountered. Have been to this hotel several times. Recommended to my brother, who loved it so much he got married here. Not really designed for family fun, definitely not for little kids, but rather for couples or quiet retreat.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank linda k
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We spent three days/two nights for a mini yoga retreat. I loved the whimsical decor. Everything was clean & bright. The spa is great. Summer rate of $125 including 4 yoga sessions is very reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Julie S
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My boyfriend and I just returned from a 2 night stay at the Parker. It was everything I had hoped it would be…a clean, relaxing, quiet, hidden gem. Its quirky décor, enchanting gardens, excellent customer service, generously effective cocktails and yummy food made for a very pleasant stay. It seemed the average guest age was early 30's, so we fit right in. I suggest you don’t visit during Palm Springs in August like we did, as it is the hottest time of year…an unbearable 112 degrees, and the swimming pools naturally heat up to a NON-refreshing temperature. The only update I would suggest would be the televisions in the rooms…they are a bit old school (not flat screen and perhaps some misters around the restaurant patio.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

My husband and I stayed 2 night with Parker Palm Springs in August and we absolutely loved the resort! It is a true hidden little gem with a lush garden that reminded me of the mazes in England and where you constantly found new things that inspired or amused you; such as the little chairs and couches you find surrounding and calming water fountains, a fire pit in the evening or a giant chess game. One morning I woke up really early and went for walk and found a couple of hammocks, so I just lay there hearing the world wake up and watching the hummingbirds in the bushes!
The restaurants might not be the cheapest, but are so cool, lounge - chick that you don´t want to leave the place either.
Everyone in the staff was very friendly yet super service minded and we will definitely be back as soon as we can:-)

Reviewed August 5, 2011

I have stayed at this property many times prior to it being taken over by the Parker, and each time was amazing! However, my husband and I tried The Parker for our New Year's Eve celebration and although we had a nice time, we were not impressed. Our room featured a broken bathroom cabinet and a sliding glass door to the outside that wouldn't close unless you jammed it in. Upon check-in we were told there would be complimentary coffee service each morning of our stay. Day one came...no coffee. We called the front desk and although the lady was very apologetic...still no coffee and hour later. Day two...we spoke to someone in person the evening before...so the coffee arrived. Day three...no coffee and not worth the hassle to chase it down again so off to Coffee Bean we went. The gym was nice as well as the spa. The one cool thing is that they made the spa pool co-ed whereas when it was the Givenchy Hotel pool/spa areas were separate for men and women. I must say that our New Year's Eve dinner at Mr. Parkers was exceptional from the service to the cuisine to the wine selection.

Although we did have the aforementioned problems with our room and the complimentary coffee service, we did get a nominal credit (would have expected a bit more) on our bill so at least they acknowledged our unhappiness. All in all, this just wasn't the caliber we have come to expect from Starwood luxury properties.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2011

From the minute you pull up to the iconic entrance to the Parker, you immediately have the sensation that you are arriving at a unique oasis in the desert. This is a hotel where everything---the quirky Jonathan Adler interior, the lush, tropical gardens that make you feel like you are walking though an enchanted forest, the incredibly friendly and happy staff, the beautiful rooms---combine to give the guest a truly memorable experience. We stayed 8 days and loved very minute. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple